Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #112 - Become a DQ8 Light-Speed Champion!

DQ8_Mobile_Splash_Title.png

Dragon Quest VIII Mobile has graced our western shores, and you Dragon Quest fans are snatching it up like the salivating dogs that you are.  But do you have what it takes to be a Light-Speed Champion? 

Lightspeed_Champion.png

This contest is here to reward people for beating the game, and doing it quickly.  If you want to become part of an elite squad of Light-Speed Champions, you must be one of the first 5 people to reach the ending credit sequence in Dragon Quest VIII Mobile, and submit evidence of your feat here at the Den.

Rules:

1) Only the first 5 people to reach the ending credit sequence on their mobile version of DQ8 will achieve this prestigious accolade

2) Any old ending credit sequence will do. 'nuff said about that.  Please keep this topic spoiler-free

3) Your evidence can be a picture or video of the ending credit sequence on your mobile device, with Den user name on a piece of paper next to it

4) Alternative forms of evidence may be considered, but they must convince me that YOU were the one to achieve this task.  In-game screenshot alone will not suffice, unless you can show the main character's name, and it matches your Dragon's Den username

5) You can submit your evidence in this topic or via private message if you prefer

6) This contest will remain open until 5 winners have been identified

If you are having a hard time figuring out how to provide your evidence, just post a message in here and we can help you out. 

I highly encourage people to post their progress in here as well.  Smack talk and other friendly ribbing is encouraged, especially as we narrow down on the final slots available for this contest.

"Take care and tempt not the fates"

Edited by King Zenith

I'm on the western continent now. Just got the ship. This is my first play through of the game but I don't plan on losing >:3

I'm sure you have this one in the bag.  You may even be the first person who will get to claim it.

Don't jinx me now! I may be ahead of most but they have experience on their side. I'm not using a walkthrough either.

If only I didn't replay the game on the PS2 not so long ago...

If only I didn't replay the game on the PS2 not so long ago...

Pfft, if anything that should give you an edge here.  I've recently played it on PS2 and the J version on Android.  That's certainly not going to stop me from taking another run at it.

I will say that it would be nice to play something new though, but I am always happy to jump back into these titles too. 

I just finished Maella and Simpleton. I've never played the game all the way through before, in fact, I'm further than I've ever been in the game before. Do you think I have a shot?

Seems like you have a good shot.  You and Soulerisn are the farthest along that I am aware of.  I think Plattym3 is making decent progress as well.  I am only able to put 0.5 - 1 hours / day into this (and only weekdays at that), and even I might have a shot, depending on how many people take part in this.  I think 10 slots being available leaves the gate pretty wide open on this contest.

Good luck to all!

Got lost trying to find my way to a certain area to continue the story. Accidently found the place that let's you borrow Sabre tooth cats to mount. Doing the side quest involving it.

...Now I'm tempted to get the game for the chance of glory....hmmmmmmm....

Well irregardless, good luck to everyone competing for the gold. As Democrobot would say, "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I am only able to put 0.5 - 1 hours / day into this (and only weekdays at that)...

My DQ8 Mobile progress is slow too. But only because my downtime is spent working on the cutscene project. A worthy sacrifice in my eyes :wd_coolslime:

Good luck everybody!

I'm almost past Alexandria going boomerangs with hero, fisticuffs with yangus and whips with Jessica.

I just finished Maella and Simpleton. I've never played the game all the way through before, in fact, I'm further than I've ever been in the game before. Do you think I have a shot?

I honestly think there are 3-5 of us regulars on the board that are even playing. I'm actually right where you are. I think we're good.

Well irregardless, good luck to everyone competing for the gold. As Democrobot would say, "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

Irregardless of you and me using it, isn't irregardless not a real English word? What's it's definition - regardless?

I honestly think there are 3-5 of us regulars on the board that are even playing. I'm actually right where you are. I think we're good.

Irregardless of you and me using it, isn't irregardless not a real English word? What's it's definition - regardless?

This might answer your question, Platty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathon-owen/yes-irregardless-is-a-wor_b_4434749.html

I just used the word without really thinking about it... <.<

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

This might answer your question, Platty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathon-owen/yes-irregardless-is-a-wor_b_4434749.html

I just used the word without really thinking about it... <.<

Awesome. This topic is now bookmarked for when one of my super Grammar Nazi friends goes off on facebook next time. Wahoo! Irregardless of what my post sounded like, I didn't mean to bash you. Glad you took it in good fun!

All of a sudden we have a whole nother couple of phrases to worry about? I'm going to try to ignore them irregardless of what others might think. I mean, I wouldn't want to be grammatically offensive.

• Upvote 1

All of a sudden we have a whole nother couple of phrases to worry about? I'm going to try to ignore them irregardless of what others might think. I mean, I wouldn't want to be grammatically offensive.

Oh Platty, you crazy guy you. Irregardless of the circumstances, you all of a sudden come out of nowhere with your Liquid Metal brand of humor. It's on a whole nother level... :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

Without derailing the topic too much more, what is incorrect about "all of a sudden"?

Without derailing the topic too much more, what is incorrect about "all of a sudden"?

Perhaps it's just a too wordy way of saying suddenly?

Contest #113 DQ Light-speed vocabulary

• Upvote 2

Contest #113 DQ Light-speed vocabulary

Let's make it happen, cap'n!

Cap'n - noun - the commander of a ship, typically a naval vessel, occasionally a star ship

Cap'n - noun - the commander of a ship, typically a naval vessel, occasionally a star ship

Or, in some cases, a singing Kappa...

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this