Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #111 - Purchase Dragon Quest 8 Mobile and Show Proof

DQ8_Mobile_Splash_Title_Crop.png

The recent release of Dragon Quest 8 for iOS and Android devices is upon us and it's time for another quick badge grab!

All you have to do to win this contest is purchase Dragon Quest VIII for your Mobile device, and BAM! A badge is yours.

Proof of purchase is required and there are a number of ways that you can do that. 

Show proof by:
1) Showing an image of your app purchase history with Dragon Quest 8 in there
2) Taking a picture of your mobile device with Dragon Quest 8 loaded, and your Dragon's Den Username somewhere in the image as well (see below for additional requirement for this option)
3) Starting a new game file with your D-Den username as the character name, and taking a screenshot in-game somewhere that shows your name

Your proof of purchase can be posted right here in this thread if you like, or you can PM me if you would rather.

If you are having a hard time figuring out how to provide your proof of purchase, just post a message in here and we can help you out.  Also, if you go for option 2 above, you will need to ask me first to provide you with an in-game scenario for where the picture should be taken.  This will help safeguard against people just finding a screenshot of the game online and showing that picture on their phone as "proof".   For example, I might ask you to have your character get really close to the bunny girl in Farebury before you take the picture. 

So don't delay! Run, don't walk to your nearest app store and grab a copy right now!

Edited by King Zenith

I've been constantly uploading pictures in the DQ8 Summer 14 thread. Do I still need to post proof of purchase?

I have absolutely no doubt that you own a copy of this game, but in the spirit of the contest (and in adhering to option 2 for showing proof above) could just seal the deal by taking a picture of your menu screen showing the equipment you have for Jessica? 

This badge is destined for your profile.  I also see a Light-Speed Champion badge in your future.  At least, that's what Kalderasha told me.

Sure I'll do it as soon as I get home from school!

Should have put the disclaimer in: Absolutely no selfies of you playing the game while on the toilet.

Should have put the disclaimer in: Absolutely no selfies of you playing the game while on the toilet.

..is this coming from past experience on here?

Do I even WANT to know? XD

Thankfully, not that I've seen.  I was kidding, anyway, but it's good to mention it, just in case. :tounge2:

Here's my iPad, in front of the current topic.  My screenname appears on the monitor, just above the iPad.

Blue slime plushy also wanted to say hello.

20140602_121222.jpg

Edited by Liamland

Ha ha.  There is no precedent for toilet-selfies, but now that it's out there, I am sure Dwaine will be happy to bless us all with that picture once he creates it.  And thanks Liamland, your submission has been received and approved!

I'll post here when either tonight when I get home from school, or sometime tomorrow. KZ, could you please tell me where you'd like my picture? So far I have finished Maella Abbey and Simpleton.

Awesome, sounds good.  For your picture, could you please take it on the upper floor of the bar in simpleton, near the blue bunny girl?

Ha ha.  There is no precedent for toilet-selfies, but now that it's out there, I am sure Dwaine will be happy to bless us all with that picture once he creates it.

Thank God Dwaine is not that much into the contest badge scene.

Awesome, sounds good.  For your picture, could you please take it on the upper floor of the bar in simpleton, near the blue bunny girl?

Yup!

I'm glad I have a Note 8. When I get it later on this month, I can take a screenshot and write on it. :P

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

No JPEG?

You're allowed to use JPEG.  I'm guessing there was a problem with the image tags used while you were linking it.  You get that same error message for a variety of issues, including using bad / incorrect tags or by linking from a site that doesn't allow linking.  Maybe just try it again and see if you have better luck this time.  Failing that, you can email it to me and I will link it for you.

Cool, thanks dogmai333!  I've got a badge coming your way once this contest closes!

It looks so good but i dont have a Ipad T.T

At least I still have the PS2 version tho.

ehetyta9.jpg

I haven't really had time to play it, but here is the opening sequence with my Den name in there

It looks so good but i dont have a Ipad T.T

At least I still have the PS2 version tho.

It can be played on recent Android devices and tablets. I plan on getting it on my Galaxy Note 8, for example.

A screenshot and picture of said screenshot. I'd have preferred to buy the iPad version, but I only have a work-issued iPad which has to be turned back in next week for the summer.

Screenshot_2014-06-02-16-34-11_zpscfd87e

IMG_0019_zpsc02494e8.jpg

Funny you should bring up that topic. Pot posting right now, but on my phone. IPad is elsewhere.

A screenshot and picture of said screenshot. I'd have preferred to buy the iPad version, but I only have a work-issued iPad which has to be turned back in next week for the summer.

Screenshot_2014-06-02-16-34-11_zpscfd87e

IMG_0019_zpsc02494e8.jpg

I did the same thing, but thank God I don't have to turn my iPad in. Just thought it'd be cooler to have on that device than a smaller phone. My decision to mobile-game has its limits.

A shame i don't use smart phones or tablets. Ah well, looks like I'll need to pass this one. Besides, still got my ps2 copy. :)

• Upvote 1

Hey look, here's my submission!

hezega4u.jpg

symu4uhu.jpg

Edited by Plattym3