Sign in to follow this  
Cranberry

Version 3.0 Details Revealed

New details about the upcoming 3.0 expansion have just been released, and there is some really cool stuff coming up!

New Mounts:

Check out the new mount that is coming.  It sure looks awesome!  Details of how to acquire it have not been revealed yet, but rumor has it that it's twice as fast as the existing dollar boards.

a8135f4a4c14af82d2f78d8e23d1e344ed3816e.

New World to Explore:

Veteran Dragon Quest players will recognize the kingdom of Alfguard.  The classic world is coming to Dragon Quest X!  There seems to be some scaling problems though, as the player is far too large for the world.  This will likely be fixed before the release.

37835d054334ad3cd6428b0b245fb9c544d67b1.

New Villains:

This is one tough looking lot of villains that are being added!  No details on the story yet, but its probably your generic "We're out to take over the world" fare.  Looks like we're in for some serious battles though!

6b615242a2dd8829d366ad67d7874a92a5033c2.

New Friends:

With new enemies also comes new supporting characters.  One of them we've barely seen since the tutorial!  What kind of role might these guys play in the new adventure?  Stay tuned!

4c515545a2d8892f22ea81ee1e5fca5ae5a6d98.

Final Boss Revealed:

The final boss of V3 is revealed, and it comes as a surprise.  The final boss is Woodus.  That's right, Woodus, the very leader of these forums earns a place forever in Dragon Quest lore as the strongest final boss in the history of the franchise.  He's so strong, not even the developers have been able to beat him.  Are we up for the challenge?  Don't bet on it.  Here is an image of him after stomping the hero flat.

5191514daad68e2725b00f0320b6346e1207513.

The official trailer for V3.0 can be found here:

The future of the game is looking quite bright!  At least until you get to the final boss...

Odd. It was always Dwaine that I pictured running around the city at night in tight, black leather.

Odd. It was always Dwaine that I pictured running around the city at night in tight, black leather.

You think Dwaine is alone in that?

It's pretty common to do >_>

Damn, I stand corrected.

I will say that it's about time those My Little Ponies got ridden around though. They seem to have too easy a life. I can see them zipping around the new DQX lands.

Damn, I stand corrected.

I will say that it's about time those My Little Ponies got ridden around though. They seem to have too easy a life. I can see them zipping around the new DQX lands.

I would seriously consider suicide if that ever happened. :laugh:

Megaman!  I always knew there was something not quite right about that guy.  Really has me wondering if Dr. Wiley might not be the good guy in disguise...

Damn, I stand corrected.

Better to torture them than poor Medea.

There's a reason why I wasn't on last night.

• Upvote 1

Boy, am I glad I got the trial! Hopefully some of this gets added into the trial!