On a related note, knocking Democrobot for running the contests AND voting? Uncool and uncalled for.

Nothing wrong with voting and running a contest in general, but this is a different scenario. This is/was a low number, 3 post requirement tie breaker. Not only did he set the rules and time out of nowhere, he started it off by tilting the votes. That is a legitimate complaint.

Mind, I actually DO NOT care that much about this particular match up, but that does not take away the truth in what I said. This is one of the few cases where a contest runner should probably either bow out, or at least, wait a time frame before voting (like in cases where there isn't enough interest in a contest, the runner's vote may play deciding factor).

This. I love ya Democrobot but it seems kind of unfair, and not just because my guy lost. It's like Trode only needs two votes and Ortega needs three.

THE King Hydra, not "a" king hydra.

I would also vote "Ortega".

And I completely agree with Ruesen. This lightning voting is one where the creator should not ninja-vote like that.

Just noticed Terry was defeated by a bad hygiene bandit and Freddie Mercury in pink armor...

This is a sad day.

• Upvote 1

Wow! What has happened to this contest?  :????:

I don't know, just go with it. I vote for Trode, and NOT because of the walls of text Yangus posted.

The latest voting sets had a tie for one of them. This is to break that tie, and the winner goes to the next phase.

...I wrote walls of text? Huh. I thought they were pretty tame compared to some other posts in different topics....

Still, no skin off my nose.

...I wrote walls of text? Huh. I thought they were pretty tame compared to some other posts in different topics....

It was no FFXII ballad, I assure you :-) Edited by Plattym3

It was no FFXII ballad, I assure you :-)

That's actually what I was referring to. I might've been able to expand on my Trode post had I included some more about Ortega, but nowhere near enough to match Megalosaro's FFXII post.

• Upvote 1

It was no FFXII ballad, I assure you :-)

That's actually what I was referring to. I might've been able to expand on my Trode post had I included some more about Ortega, but nowhere near enough to match Megalosaro's FFXII post.

Sorry, I didn't know about that. FF12 wasn't even that good. It's pretty sad that most people bought DQ8 just for the FF12 demo. At least the mobile port we just got is getting some good reviews.

I guess people want me to chime in on this. So here it is:

I stand by my actions. Although I probably should have made a separate post, last time I made a "lightning vote", you guys didn't cause a fuss like this. You can find this thread in the link: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29319 Because you guys didn't cause a fuss the last time, causing a fuss over this would make your argument invalid. Next time I'll make a separate post.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the fuss was raised because people didn't want their dear Ortega to be beaten out by Yoda's long lost brother... :P

I just never thought of it until someone brought it up and I realized it seemed kind of unfair. It's a contest on a forum so I don't really overthink things.

I didn't participate in that last contest, therefore hadn't a comment for it. Also, it hardly invalidates one's opinions. That's like saying, "I got away with stealing once, and the owner didn't complain (because I didn't get caught). Therefore he has no right to complain now that he caught me the second time I stole!" Sometimes things slip people's minds, or they don't even think of it until it's pointed out.

That said, I'm honestly just satisfied that you will make a change the next time it comes up. I can understand that changing stuff so late (even at the time of the post) would be rather messy... acknowledging the complaint and making an effort to change for the future is the next best move to be made.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Ruesen. I was not around that last time, either. I do not like it, however...

All I wanted was to have this not simply ignored, whatever the final decision. Now that this has been acknowledged, I am at peace.

I always liked Trode so that will be my vote.

If we are still voting that is  ;)

i vote for ortega

I second that vote. Now we just need one more vote.

I cast a lightning vote. That makes 3.  :P