Which monster sizes did you kinda think was off?

I am sorry if this is late. Which monsters from past games did you think had different sizes from what you though it would have?

The only one that comes to mind instantly would be Chargon, at least in DQMJ2 Pro. It was only one square. In the overworld, it's almost the size of a two-square monster. I can't think of any others at the moment.

You'd figure Gigadraco, The only "G" sized monster back in Cobi and Tara would be more than one slot..

• Upvote 1

Here are mines

Orochi: I thought he was a medium size 2 monster, maybe the grand dragon could be sized 3 though

Blizzardy and Phoenix: I thought they were size 2

Estark: He is WAY to big. Pizzaro is supposed to be bigger if anything. He should be size 2

Medusa Eye (TWL): I imagined her to be roughly 3 feet. Turns out it is a giant monster

Hell Hornet: I imagined a 3 foot hornet when playing DQ6

Heyedra: If it is the evil eye, then I think it is a tad bit to big. I thought it was a one foot eye with 5 foot long tenticles

Malroth: I think he could have been fit as a giant monster, in DQ2 he was potrayed (as i see) as a hulking monster destroying the final dungeon

Nimzo needs to be bigger. You can recruit a Gigantes in DQV and both are two slot monsters in the DQM world. I would think then that Nimzo should be bigger. And Rhapthorne II and Empyrea should not be the same size. Either Rhapthorne II becomes a 4 slot monster(for the 3DS monster games) or Empyrea becomes a two slot monster (he literally swats her)

Nimzo needs to be bigger. You can recruit a Gigantes in DQV and both are two slot monsters in the DQM world. I would think then that Nimzo should be bigger. And Rhapthorne II and Empyrea should not be the same size. Either Rhapthorne II becomes a 4 slot monster(for the 3DS monster games) or Empyrea becomes a two slot monster (he literally swats her)

Size 4 would be stuff like the realm of the mighty. Estark would be size 4 also with that logic. I guess size 4 (massive) would be 700-1500 feet.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Maybe gigadraco could return like pluslas. He was a reskin of Balzac originally. Yet he is size 3. So maybe gigadraco can be an easy to get giant monster in future games. Drakulard + Nimzo maybe?

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Gigant dragon/ gigadraco was the first to come to mind, since that was supposed to be his thing, being "big".

Malroth, definitely. He should be huge.

What size is medusa eye? I would be okay with two-slots, since they looked very large on the Dai no Daibôken animation. Could be size 3, but on the smaller limit.

What size is medusa eye? I would be okay with two-slots, since they looked very large on the Dai no Daibôken animation. Could be size 3, but on the smaller limit.

It says on a list for TWL that he is size 3. When playing Dragon Warrior 2, he seemed to be like 3-4 feet. If they made a 3d DQ2 game it should be that as it would be off to see a 100 foot eye in a roughly 300 foot tower (Dragons Horn). Does anyone have a complete library in DWM2? I need to see its size.

Here you can see medusa ball around 9:04 (and, right afterwards, an army of them).

They do look like a large size 1 or a small to moderate size 2.

Here you can see medusa ball around 9:04 (and, right afterwards, an army of them).

They do look like a large size 1 or a small to moderate size 2.

Can I see a picture? I cannot find the manga. 

Oh the mangas/animes sometimes oversize the monsters. The killing machine was trauminator sized in one anime

Oh, I'm so stupid! I thought I had pasted the video URL here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjdcRHSYfCY

There. You can see it now.

Oh, I'm so stupid! I thought I had pasted the video URL here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjdcRHSYfCY

There. You can see it now.

I saw that show. In one episode it has a killing machine that is ~15 feet tall. Maybe it says in DWM2

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

I wouldn't be surprised if they made the medusa eye size 3 in TWL just to afford it more polygons for all them snakes. When I first saw it I did feel that it was way bigger than I would have thought, but I think these titles like to change up the sizes here and there.

As for monsters in plain ol' Joker 2, I think most of the sizes were generally appropriate, though Ryu does raise a point with Empyrea probably being too big compared to how she was against Rhapthorne in VIII. There are story-related reasons for her upscaling, though, so hey. Also in agreement about gigant dragon (drakulard lol) probably deserving to be a larger size. I guess one monster that also comes to mind is the sea dragon? Given how long it is I would've thought that it'd be size 2 or something. They probably could've done that with Megalodon like what they did with balhib and bilhaw (golden golem and sergeinus) in Pro, but ehh, missed opportunities :P (that and I guess they COULDN'T make a change like that assuming Pro had backwards compatibility with the original)

Don't wanna build this wall too big, so I guess I'll just note that as far as beyond Joker 2 goes I guess stuff like slabbit and dragon machine were made bigger than I thought. I know the third killing machine from Battle Road is waaaaaay too big compared to how it was. (which makes me kinda sad since I would've liked to see it team up with the previous models, but being size 3 allows for only one size 1 ally)

Good theory. Just remember, "human" is not what any of they were. Pissarro was a demon even at the start.

Humans who used the evolution were Kingleo and Balzack. I think even Balzack's last form is smaller than that of the guardian of the barrier that looks like him, isn't it?

So, Estark may have been even more monstrous before using the evolution.

The gigadraco looks like the Drakulord from dq9. So maybe they can come as a psaro sized appearence of the other drakus

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

The slug (DQ2) is now size 3. Which is ridiculous.

Oh not having to do with this thread but more with size, how big is aquarion (I know he is size 3) compared to the bigger giants?

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the Metal Kaiser Slime was sized incorrectly. In joker 2 he takes up 2 slots, but only his spike on his head is in the second slot, they could have just left him as a  slot monster.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Metal Kaiser Slime was sized incorrectly. In joker 2 he takes up 2 slots, but only his spike on his head is in the second slot, they could have just left him as a  slot monster.

I never thought about it like that, but it does make sense.
  • 5 months later...

The muddy hand. I imagined it as a gigantic hand, not a human-sized one.

Hell hornet and army ant I also imagined as dog-sized insects, not insect-sized insects.

The roguewave in the 3DS games is also way tinier than it should be? It's more like a ripple...