Sign in to follow this  
zanchan

Can't type in Japanese in PC version

Hi All! 

Decided to jump back into this game, but am jumping from Wii to Windows 8.1 PC, and for some reason when I type in-game in Japanese all I get is question marks. I live in Japan and type in Japanese in all other kinds of programs, including Final Fantasy XIV, so I really can't imagine what the problem could be. When I'm in Japanese IME mode, it will type in romaji without any problems, but as soon I switch to hiragana, all I get is ? for each character. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

You need to install the Japanese IME to type in Japanese. Once done when in game use alt+shift to switch to Japanese and back to your native language. After that you just type the romanji and use space to switch kana to kanji. 

Ah, thanks, but as I said, I have the Japanese IME installed and use it daily in programs like Word, Chrome, and Final Fantasy XIV. For some reason DQX is the first time I've encountered it not working correctly :(

Did you change your locale to Japan?

Oh, that did it! Thanks! So odd that it's the only Japanese program I've ever had that issue with. Anyway, game time! 

Glad to hear that fixed the problem! See you in game sometime!

Quick question are you the Alex Mimas mentioned yesterday? If so and you still would like an invite to the den team just post in the dragon's den team thread and cran can invite you.

Edited by Ashes

No he is not.  Also I only went on DQX for a short period to test out its optimization, how the servers are functioning, and to show my friend the character customizations.  Much as I would love to play the game, I sadly gotta put up with Wildstar for the time being since its what my gf wants for now until DQX comes out to us in full proper english, that or a large team of Dragon Questers do to Dragon Quest X what the PSO guys did to PSO2.  If anyone did a massive translation project run on donations like those PSO guys did, would be nice.  

I do love DQX, it is what I wanted my retirement mmo to be since I cant do the super hardcore scene anymore, and I cant deal with betrayal from clans/guilds anymore *Quit FFXIV due to such a thing happening to me* thats why I got my calendar marked, and 3 days off, for E3, in the HOPE that "Surprise" DQX English beta starting in november, or something.  I would sign up for it on 50 different emails so damn fast.....

Ive done the super hardcore scene in mmos since Everquest, for fifteen years.  I may be twenty-nine years old now *Hence why I call Saigan "Saigan-San" :P* but with everything I seen and done in mmos, I may as well be regarded as a tired old man.  DQX would give me the environment I would enjoy right now. 

Edited by Alexandrious

hey all i am currently having problems in chatting in the trial version , which i downloaded from here http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/public/playguide/wintrial_1/

As i followed everything that you guys said i this thread , install Japanese IME , change region/locale to Japan , i am able to type in japanese 

774d8f352650812.jpg 

But this happened , i press Ctrl + C and input ã¿ãƒ¼ã¤ã‘ãŸï¼ and press Enter 
ef6f3b352650806.jpg

i tried this for an hour and felt tired , some japanese players were kind enough to tell me to use ã¿ãƒ¼ã¤ã‘ãŸï¼

Edit : Sorry to bump this old thread

Edited by yesubaybee

Trial players can't use ã¾ã‚ã‚Šã®ã²ã¨ chat.

that explains why ,ã‚ã‚ŠãŒã¨ã”ã–ã„ã¾ã™ã€€Bunk Morelandã•ã‚“

Edited by yesubaybee