Sign in to follow this  
Liamland

Liamland's DQIX Mail and Tag Service

Shoot me a PM, and we'll talk.  Thanks.

Alright. I'm going to talk to my sister and our friend first now that I have all the info I need. Once I have everything figured out with them I'll message you.

It's a fairly benign glitch, but yeah.

It seems to have random effects from my experience. For me all it did was make a certain NPC have an error message as its dialogue text, but for my sister it made it impossible for her to complete the quest for Twocus Pocus.

are you still providing this service?

Liamland had to put this on hold for about 4-5 months, sorry.

Is Liam back from Japan? Bought an NDS Adaptor Plus but I swear for the life of me I can't get it working. I'm always getting stuck on a few steps and I just want to take the easy way out haha :P

Edited by Milogop

Is Liam back from Japan? Bought an NDS Adaptor Plus but I swear for the life of me I can't get it working. I'm always getting stuck on a few steps and I just want to take the easy way out haha :P

September.

Thanks Platty :)

I know this is soooo late comparatively, but it would mean a lot to me to have this done to my cart as well! It's been so long, and I really want to replay the game, but I don't want to erase my inn guests and DLC guests in the process. Thank you so much!

Hey guys,

I'm back in the US, and just started a new job. Things are starting to settle down for me a little and I have a long commute to the office with plenty of time to work on DQIX projects. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Liam

So I ran into the first glitch I've seen with the NDS Adaptor upgrade process in a long time. Erinn stops talking when you speak to her over the counter at the Quester's Rest, effectively breaking the player's ability to canvasse guests, view and change the guestbook and stay at the inn.

Basically it happens when the upgrades to the inn take place before the player has unlocked the Stornway Inn Quester's Rest. I've isolated the issue to either the inn level upgrade or the addition of the special guests and I'm trying to pin-point which one in a series of speedruns.

The fix is to unlock the Stornway Inn Quester's Rest plot first and then make the inn and special guest updates. This actually makes it easier for me to QA as well, because I don't have to do repeat hour and 15 minute speedruns to make sure the updates work properly.

Edited by Liamland

This is why I counsel waiting until Alltrades and Sellma before tweaking a save file.

There is an issue with the shop downloads freezing, but only if you input the dates for the shop incorrectly. For that I do a 1:1 copy from a different save file: two editor windows open for a visual comparison between the existing shop and the one I'm currently updating. As long as those dates are accurate and from a real shop download, nothing else will go wrong with the DQVC shop with the NDS Adaptor Plus/Save Editor method.

Is it true that the adapter doesn't get along with Windows 10 specifically 64-bit Windows 10 or is the not the case?

I got it to work, but it was much more difficult than Win 7 was

What steps did you take, Woodus? I haven't had any success with Windows 10, so I only use the NDS Adaptor with an old Windows 7 laptop.

@Liamland , I tried both of these methods, don't remember which one finally took, I think I had to do it multiple times to take

Method 1:

1.         Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
  2.         Click Update and Security.
  3.         Click on Recovery.
  4.         Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
  5.         Click Troubleshoot.
  6.         Click Advanced options.
  7.         Click Startup Settings.
  8.         Click on Restart.
  9.         On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

Method 2:

1.         Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
  2.         driver-signature-enforcement-restart
  3.         Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
  4.         When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options. Press F7 on your keyboard to select     Disable driver signature enforcement.
  5.         Your computer will now restart and you’ll be able to install unsigned drivers.

i am in on m second play through with about 180 hours and i want the extra quests~please liamland i made an account on here just for this

@Liamland

A new NDS PC Emulator called melonDS has appeared for at least 2 years.

Someone tried opening 2 DQ9 progresses of this Emulator in one PC (with different savedata), then succeeded tagging & local multiplaying.

Grottoes & Zero-star items can be traded by this method.

So does historical DQVC multiplay-shopping.

I don't know whether it's a good news or a bad news for real players though.

I think it could be good news for streamers.

I wonder if the .sav save data is transferable between a real cart and the melonDS emulator. I think that could be a challenge, based on previous discussions about cart save data and DQIX on a flashcart.

btw, MelonDS? Did you have anything to do with the emulator build, @MelonGx:thumbsup:

On 9/6/2019 at 10:20 PM, Liamland said:

I think it could be good news for streamers.

I wonder if the .sav save data is transferable between a real cart and the melonDS emulator. I think that could be a challenge, based on previous discussions about cart save data and DQIX on a flashcart.

btw, MelonDS? Did you have anything to do with the emulator build, @MelonGx:thumbsup:

For I know, melonDS uses the raw save data.

So .DSV or No$GBA encrypted save data need conversion.

The emulator's name is just similar to my handle name ;P

Edited by MelonGx

On 9/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, Liamland said:

In theory, this should be possible even for those using real cartridges instead of flashcarts. Using my modded dsi, I extracted the save files from my 2 DQIX cartridges (it was easy to do), loaded them both into a melonds window, and they could communicate just fine in game on the emulator. There's a way to put these save files back onto their cartridges, and while I didn't personally try it I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.