Sign in to follow this  
Liamland

Liamland's DQIX Mail and Tag Service

Hey Liamland thanks.

Edited by CoarseDragon

Hey CoarseDragon, I responded in a PM. Thanks.

Hi any chance you could fill the Tag modes of Dragon quest IV, V and VI also? I've always been curious about what it would be like to have some Tagged people in those games. I would want each tag to use a different avatar, nicknack, and dream suite and for each to have a unique text. I could make you a specific list for items, characters to populate the tag modes with if that would help. Also for IX I already have a couple of tagged people from a tag event I attended soon after Dragon Quest IX's release. I would want to keep those in my game if I were to send you my cart.

Hi Sam, I wrote back to you earlier today, but the short of it, for anyone else reading it is this:

I don't currently support DQIV--VI DS tagging.  I did attempt to collect DQVI Dream Suite-unlocked save files, about a year and a half ago, but I only managed to get about 6 out of 20 save files.  I can dig those up and post them to The Den for reference.  The problem with the Heavens trilogy (and tagging) is that there are no editors to easily enable access to tagging.  You have to play through a portion of the game to access it.  With DQVI that's something like 45% completion.  It's not like DQIX, where you could do an hour and 15 minute speed run to unlock Stornway and Canvasse Mode.

I can make sure not to add any characters that would exceed 30, at which point your characters would begin to push out of your inn, or rotate off the guest list.  You can also use Royal Suites to keep up to 6 of your favorite characters.  Royale Suites are accessible via the Stornway Inn Elevator.

Would it be useful for me to send the other carts so you could add to your collection of save files?

Hi Liamland, I just posted in your other topic with a link to the save editors for DQ4, 5 and 6.  I'd love it if they were useful to you for this purpose.  Maybe test them out and let us know how it goes.

Thanks KZ.  I just saw that a few minutes ago.

Sam, let's hold off for now, while I investigate the save editors.  If I'm able to edit in a working solution for this, I'll keep you posted.  If it works, then we might not have to store Save Files on The Den.  Thanks.

This is awesome, I have been away far too long.  Liamland, I'm going to do a little research into my cart and PM you for a future transaction.

• Upvote 1

Sent you a message.

New member, but I follow on the GF boards.

Hey Psi, sorry, I've been away from the forums for a bit, but I just responded.

kingmetal, if you're in Queens this month, let me know if you want to meet up and trade maps.

I know we spoke about possible mail and tag for DQIV--VI.  I wanted to keep everyone up to date with the research and progress, and my correspondence with SamTheWeebo.  I first attempted to use the DQVI save editor to add in Dreams that would help unlock Suite Dreams.  Here is my correspondence:

So the first trial run was not successful.  I ripped my DQ6 save, used the save editor to copy dream information and the change it, to create a new dream character.  I had to fabricate a unique device ID, which may be where the disconnect is.  I committed to the changes, which is a requirement for the save editor, confirmed the changes were there when I reopened the file, and uploaded the save back into my DQVI cart.  However, when I went into Suite Dreams, the new dream that I had entered was not recognized.  I double-checked the file and the changes were still there, but the game ignored them.

Unfortunately, another limitation of the editor is the inability to select or add zoom points.  If we could do that, we could easily create 20 unique game files, zoom straight to Suite Dreams, and not have to play through 45% of the game.  That was RPG Wizard's idea [from the GameFAQs forums], but unfortunately it cannot be done with the current version of the save editor.

I'm going to continue to look into this, and perhaps get a real unique device ID to test with (from the save file that ignasia7 sent me, a year or so ago.)  If I can spoof the cart into accepting the edited dream, by using a real UDID, then I only need to collect 20 legit device IDs to make this work.  I'll also move on to looking at DQIV and V, if I can't get this to work.  There's still a chance that the other save editors might do something that this one can't.

Right now this is a work in progress.  I'll keep you posted [with any further results.]

Liam, try committing the saved changes *twice*.

I was messing around to test things in that game once, and I had to save twice to get them to commit/be visible after loading the save.  i don't know why.

Edited by The Mystical One

Thanks TMO.  So the steps are double commit and save?  Or double commit, double save?

I tried that this weekend and it didn't work for me.  I've moved this particular tagging conversation to the DQVI forum, for now.  Here's the latest:

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31624

So, suppose that I'm interested in doing this. Do you accept paypal? I usually don't write checks if I don't have to.

I really need to unlock the DLC and get some decent grotto maps (MKS and Gem Slime?). I live in a backwoods area, and Dragon Quest is fairly unknown around here so tagging others is simply out of the question.

$17 isn't so bad, I guess.

Paypal is accepted.  If you are interested, please PM me and I'll send you the shipping details and my email address.

I've done enough of these that I have a standard set of upgradables, however if there is anything you want or a different shop download, please let me know via PM:

• Legacy Special Guests
  • Inn fully-upgraded
  • DLC-unlocked quests
  • DQVC Exclusives added to inventory
  • DQVC Shop download from New Years Sale, featuring Agate of Evolution ingredients including half-priced Chrono Crystals
  • 13 Legacy bosses as decent locations, Special Maps including 3 MKS grottos (one of which I discovered about 2 months ago), high level grotto maps featuring quest-related monsters.

mistake 

Edited by wintermute

No problem.  To clarify, when I said:

"DQVC Shop download from New Years Sale, featuring Agate of Evolution ingredients including half-priced Chrono Crystals"

That's just what I recommend, because Agate of Evolution is the most difficult alchemy item to farm for in the game, and they are necessary for alchemizing the strongest weapons and armor in the game.  However, if anyone has a preference for a different shop week, I'm perfectly fine with adding your preference:

DQVC weekly list of previous sales:

http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/dqvclist.php

If you're trying to make a decision about a different shop week, I don't typically recommend adding a shop download specifically just for DQVC Exclusives, because there are so many of them (32) and the limit for different shop items in a single download is 6.  You wouldn't be able to get all of them in a single shop download.  Because of this, I typically just add the DQVC Exclusives to your game.  As a reminder, this means that DQVC Exclusives are coming to your character completely free of any in-game cost.  I mentioned this is because of spacial limitations in the shop, but it's also on the principle that there is no longer server support for access to these items.  Since that lack of support is entirely not the player's fault, it always just made the most sense to me that the missing DQVC Exclusive "purchases" should be free.

List of 32 DQVC Exclusives:

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq9ds/dqvc_exclusive.php

Edited by Liamland

I got my copy of Dragon Quest IX back on 7/11. Sorry that I didn't update sooner, but I've been busy grinding Metal King Slimes! Liam did a great job, and even added a bunch of Dragon Quest heroes to my Inn, which was a nice touch. Not only that, but I have Gem slime and MKS only maps now, all the Inn guests, max inn upgrade, all the DLC quests, and several rare DQVC items. 

If anyone is on the fence about this service I'd say go for it. It's awesome. Dragon Quest IX feels like a completely new game after all the DLC is added. Liam is really nice and always stays in contact, even when there were issues with shipping. 

Although, if you plan on shipping your game to him I'd pick something other than USPS.

RN1NOef.jpg

Made possible by Liamland.

10/10

Edited by wintermute
  • Upvote 3

Thanks wintermute!

I actually recommend USPS and that you can supply a tracking number.  There are delays with any package delivery service, but having the USPS tracking information has never let me down in terms of locating packages and anticipating arrival.  I also recommend USPS over UPS, because a lot of times, UPS has an expectation that you need to be home to receive packages.  I've rarely had a UPS delivered on the originally anticipated day, without them leaving a mailing slip that requires signature before they'll leave a package in a building lobby.  USPS however, just leaves the packages in my mailbox.

Thanks wintermute!

I actually recommend USPS and that you can supply a tracking number. There are delays with any package delivery service, but having the USPS tracking information has never let me down in terms of locating packages and anticipating arrival. I also recommend USPS over UPS, because a lot of times, UPS has an expectation that you need to be home to receive packages. I've rarely had a UPS delivered on the originally anticipated day, without them leaving a mailing slip that requires signature before they'll leave a package in a building lobby. USPS however, just leaves the packages in my mailbox.

Our issue must have been a fluke then.

Our issue must have been a fluke then.

It most likely was. And I'm on Liamland with this, especially if you live in the US or any of its territories. Although USPS has its issues, especially when receiving packages from foreign places, it is by far the better deal when you consider the money spent vs the time of delivery in terms of common user needs. It only took me 1.29 to mail my game to him and the tracking was flawless. This has also been the case with my family sending packages.

In conclusion, home2home-USPS. Company2home, anything else if you can afford it.

• Upvote 1

I learned a few new facts (or factoids, if you will) about the game last night.  I was QAing a DQIX game that I updated, where the person had only played 6 minutes of gameplay, before sending me the cart.  This meant that practically half of the updates would not be seen until the player goes through about an hour and 15 minutes of game content.

To QA all of the updates I had to get creative, so I made a copy of the save file, just for editing purposes, and I added in chimera wings, and the zoom point for Stornway.  As soon as the hero lands, wingless in Angel Falls, I was able to pick up Ivor and head to the walled off obstruction that blocks the path between Angel Falls and Stornway.  We witnessed that the wall was there, and spoke to the soldiers on the Stornway-side trying to clear it.  Then I used a chimera wing to "zoom" us straight to Stornway.  This brought me past the walled-off obstruction.  What I found in Stornway was pretty interesting.  I went into the inn, which I had fully upgraded previously, using the save editor.  There, behind the counter was Patty, Erinn, Sellma, and Pavo (with the alchemy pot, and Ginny the cranky banker nowhere to be seen.)

The soldiers had just told us that Patty went missing after leaving Stornway, yet here she was at the Quester's Rest.  The last I saw Erinn was in her house in Angel Falls, yet here she was.  Sellma shows up after Coffinwell, once Newid Isle is unlocked, yet...you get the point.  The strange part is, when I went to talk to anyone behind the counter I got the "over-the-head" dialogue bubble, but no response when engaging them in conversation.  None of them were talking.  They were just mute.  I went to go save at the church and the priest wasn't talking either.  It's as if the game knew that I was doing something I wasn't supposed to, and it wasn't going to let me talk to anyone until the plot had progressed far enough.

I was able to QA the inn upgrade, though, and on my way out of Stornway, I stopped by the other side of the wall, just to see what would happen.  I was half expecting the path to be clear and when I walked through I'd find myself on the Angel Falls side of the wall.  However, the wall was there.  I was standing where the soldiers should have been.  And when I chose the dialogue bubble, it mentioned that there were soldiers on the other side working to clear the rubble.  I guess they climbed over and began working on the other side.  Haha.

I was also potentially toying around with trying to keep the main character's wings, but they won't let you zoom out of Angel Falls as a full-blooded Celestrian, only after the fall.  Still, perhaps it's possible, if I were to look at the original file and analyze the character design numbers for torso.

I may keep playing through this save file to see if Sellma's at the Quester's Rest immediately, when I officially get to the Stornway plotline.  Or if that instance of the mute inn was just a placeholder, for before the plotline starts.