Oh Fortheloveofpie another Introduction...

Hello! I am FTLOP or Fortheloveofpie, or Pie, and on some occasions pi.

I am a big fan of the DQ series I have played the DQ DS Remakes IV, V, and VI.

I have also played DQ VIII, and DQ IX

Putting aside Dragon Quest, I have to say that I love pie if that weren't already obvious. I worship it as my savior and I truly believe that it is the key to unlocking the secrets to all of the universe...

Won't you have a slice? :)

I'll start with my typical greeting for all newcomers (which seems oddly perfect after your intro post): Welcome to our own little slice of the Internet!

Being a DQ fan, I applaud your love of DQ games! Any specific reason you haven't gone a bit backwards and played DQVII? It's a great blend of some of the stuff you played in DQVI and DQIX!

As for your (occasional) love of pi, being a math teacher, I applaud that. Next year is a big year. 3/14/15 at 9 something o'clock is going to be pretty neat!

And as to your real love, pie, I must admit, it's pretty awesome. Unfortunately I'm a complete amateur when it comes to rolling out dough (seriously I think I'm missing that gene), so I stick to being a Chef and eating other's pies. Although can I interest you in my first ever cheesecake I made last night? White chocolate strawberry swirl!

mamuqyty.jpg

Thank you both for the kind welcome, and please Mr. Pie was my father, just Pie will do.  ;)

Also I have to say, that Cheesecake looks delicious (Despite my being allergic to strawberries), its not pie but as pie and cake are like siblings I sometimes find them acceptable.

Lastly as to why I haven't gone back to play DQVII is just that it has never been conveniently been available for me, to be honest I didn't get into DQ until I played VIII then I played IX and well then all the DS Remakes came around and well the rest is history. Currently I am hoping that the DQVII 3DS Remake comes to North America so I get to play that as well. I'm not sure if I will ever play DW/DQ I, II, and III maybe if I ever am in the mood, although I was born outside the generation of NES/SNES so maybe for the Gameboy Color.

Anyway I look forward to being part of your community.  :upperslime:

Thank you both for the kind welcome, and please Mr. Pie was my father, just Pie will do.  ;)

Was? Did you eat him?  :????:

Anyway, welcome to The Den. Beware the Sinister Six (Dwaine, Woodus, Plattym3, Democrobot (he's the coolest of the Six), King Zenith, and Slime Master).

Anyway, welcome to The Den. Beware the Sinister Six (Dwaine, Woodus, Plattym3, Democrobot (he's the coolest of the Six), King Zenith, and Slime Master).

No, unfortunately he expired before I ever had the chance. :cry2:

I shall take your words to heart and heed your warning of the Sinister Six.

No, unfortunately he expired before I ever had the chance. :cry2:

I shall take your words to heart and heed your warning of the Sinister Six.

Have you taken him to the church? For a fee they can bring him back to life.

Have you tried sprinkling a dash of the Sands of Time on him? That may reverse the effects.

If you succeed, don't forget to make it a la Slime.  :tounge2:

I know this probably isn't the place to ask but... I am having a bit of trouble deciphering where I would post a topic about the interest of a possible DQ5 DS Hack I will be working on the summer, maybe. I was thinking Emulation but I am not 100% Sure, and well I also don't know where to post this question. So any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Fortheloveofpie

Mmm. Pie.

... You're going to be eaten, pie.

... I have a legendary weapon of Korean mythology, I -can- cut the pie, AND I WILL EAT IT.

*dives in*

*nom noms, gives Pie a fruit pie in recompense*

;) Platty and I are part of the Sinister Six? :laugh: I admit, I got a nice little giggle out of this

;) Platty and I are part of the Sinister Six? :laugh: I admit, I got a nice little giggle out of this

I was just happy to be nominated.

Meanwhile I get thrown to the side.

I will now plot my revenge against all of you in as complex a way as I can figure out.

We'll make a movie out of it and sell millions. I'll get Villain Of The Year 2014.

Edit: .. You're a math teacher? Why can't I have a Dragon Quest math teacher..?

Edited by Soulerisn

I sure am. I did a whole zoo project this year using real animals and they had to calculate area and perimeter and stuff. The problem was the kids made FAR too many assumptions that were not based on the directions because of their knowledge of the animals. I'm changing the project for next year to use only DQ monsters so they have no background knowledge that will make them want to change the rules. Can't wait to do this and when they ask I can tell them what games they're from! Maybe new fans?