Culinary creations!

Plattym3

Whipped up some Cheeseburger soup today. My mom’s birthday is tomorrow and it’s one of her favorite dishes, so I thought that would be a good surprise.

First time I’ve actually made the soup, and it seems like a lot of prep for it but it’s not that bad once you get going. Accidentally bought and peeled too many potatoes so now I have some extras I need to do something with. I’m thinking homemade potato wedges or maybe some mashed potatoes tomorrow or Friday night. They should keep as long as I keep them in cold water for a few days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Whipped up some Cheeseburger soup today. My mom’s birthday is tomorrow and it’s one of her favorite dishes, so I thought that would be a good surprise.

First time I’ve actually made the soup, and it seems like a lot of prep for it but it’s not that bad once you get going. Accidentally bought and peeled too many potatoes so now I have some extras I need to do something with. I’m thinking homemade potato wedges or maybe some mashed potatoes tomorrow or Friday night. They should keep as long as I keep them in cold water for a few days.

What the #$*! is cheeseburger soup?

17 minutes ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

What the #$*! is cheeseburger soup?

You know, it’s funny once in a while when someone swears and the den censors it. But when you do it all the time it’s kind of annoying.

The soup is pretty much what it sounds like. Hamburger, velvetta cheese, some diced veggies thrown in (mainly celery, carrots, potatoes and onions) and a few other ingredients.

11 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You know, it’s funny once in a while when someone swears and the den censors it. But when you do it all the time it’s kind of annoying.

The soup is pretty much what it sounds like. Hamburger, velvetta cheese, some diced veggies thrown in (mainly celery, carrots, potatoes and onions) and a few other ingredients.

It's good, I've made his recipe :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:16 AM, Woodus said:

It's good, I've made his recipe :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I forgot I gave that to you. Glad you liked it.

• 8 months later...

I made a layered Mexican pie last night. You mix your hamburger or chicken together with kidney beans, black beans, onions, Rotel, corn, basically whatever you want, and add in enchilada sauce. You start with tortilla shells, the mixture, cheese, repeat until you reach the top of your baking dish. Let it cook 35-40 minutes and you’re good to go.

I’m guessing you could use lasagna noodles too and essentially make a Mexican inspired pan of lasagna, but I really liked the tortilla shells. Put my spoonfuls on a bed of lettuce and topped with some extra salsa and sour cream and it was good to go.

• Like 2

I made a layered Mexican pie last night. You mix your hamburger or chicken together with kidney beans, black beans, onions, Rotel, corn, basically whatever you want, and add in enchilada sauce. You start with tortilla shells, the mixture, cheese, repeat until you reach the top of your baking dish. Let it cook 35-40 minutes and you’re good to go.
I’m guessing you could use lasagna noodles too and essentially make a Mexican inspired pan of lasagna, but I really liked the tortilla shells. Put my spoonfuls on a bed of lettuce and topped with some extra salsa and sour cream and it was good to go.
That sounds delicious. Camp fire tonight. Everything's a bit damp, but damnit I wanted to do this! Bacon cheddar sausages >> hot dogs. f0a16b34688179b6e148b7c07d02f6bd.jpg

7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yup. Got hungry while reading this.

6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

That sounds delicious. Camp fire tonight. Everything's a bit damp, but damnit I wanted to do this! Bacon cheddar sausages >> hot dogs. f0a16b34688179b6e148b7c07d02f6bd.jpg

What’s in the shot glass?!

Japanese Curry has been a hit in our house. Make HUGE pots of it and Plattym4 and my wife are excited every time. 04008d8e7329c608404ecb504fc4b831.jpg91c563f7358bcb10aefe8f4b5a8aa426.jpg

Made a corn casserole for dinner to eat along with some pork chops on the grill and a salad. Hadn’t made the corn casserole for a while but it was good.

• Like 1