Plattym3

Culinary creations!

Anyone cooking up something good? Maybe this topic won't be as popular as the music or anime topics, but I thought I'd post here the stuff I have going on this month (should be a good one) and see what's going on with you or your significant others or family. I'm always looking for new stuff to make.

Went blueberry picking last week and made a ton of stuff. Ordered a pan to make cheesecake, but by the time it came, all the blueberries were gone. Good thing I bought a massive amount of strawberries at Costco on Thursday.

Sitting in the oven right now is my first ever attempt at a cheesecake. Made a white chocolate strawberry swirl cheesecake. I hope this works...

gu6abu3u.jpg

I'm definitely more the chef than the baker.

Um...

I made shepards pie the other day, was OK. A bit spicey (( Red pepper. )) but good.

sa9ute4u.jpg

Pepper jack cheese, chicken, jalapeño wrapped in bacon and fried

e5aqazub.jpg

Homemade crab rangoons

I have a personal chef, we call him Chef Mike.

Mike likes to hang above our stove in the kitchen.

He always cooks food for me.

2cb7975.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have a personal chef, we call him Chef Mike.

Mike likes to hang above our stove in the kitchen.

He always cooks food for me.

2cb7975.jpg

10 years ago the librarian at the school I worked at got me a book at the book fair: A man, a Can, a Mirowave. It had all these recipes on how to make stuff (chicken, beef, whatever) with a can of soup as seasoning in the microwave. You may want to get it for Mike.

sa9ute4u.jpg

Now that just looks freaking amazing!

So, my son decided (through incessant screaming) that I needed to be awake at 3am. Since I now can't get back to sleep, I thought I'd check if my cheesecake set. It looks like it's good! I'm going to try to resist having some with breakfast, but no promises.

7upuvu7e.jpg

Damn, everything looks tasty too! Especially the crab rangoons and jalepeno bacon chicken thingys (thingies?). Woodus, you need to fly your tush out to New Hampshire and cook for me! I even have a nice lumpy couch you can sleep on!

sa9ute4u.jpg

e5aqazub.jpg

Homemade crab rangoons

Can I get the recipes for these? They look delicious!

Looks good in here.  That cheesecake turned out well for a first time.  Usually my first attempts are disasters, especially when it comes to baking.

I did a culinary program several years ago, went to work in kitchens after that.  I work in retail now but I still cook from scratch every now and then.  It's a fun hobby.

I made wonton soup a few weeks ago.  I decided to go overboard with the intricate details.  I simmered the stock separately to keep it from getting cloudy from the wonton skins, and there's no bits of broccoli floating around because I steamed the vegetables separately then shocked them in an ice bath.

1172060_743870698966386_581722755_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Had some of my cheesecake today finally. It was good, but a bit thicker than I'd expected. My guess is that's more from 2 cups of melted white chocolate chips that went into the mix, but it's delicious!!

Looks good in here. That cheesecake turned out well for a first time. Usually my first attempts are disasters, especially when it comes to baking.

I did a culinary program several years ago, went to work in kitchens after that. I work in retail now but I still cook from scratch every now and then. It's a fun hobby.

I made wonton soup a few weeks ago. I decided to go overboard with the intricate details. I simmered the stock separately to keep it from getting cloudy from the wonton skins, and there's no bits of broccoli floating around because I steamed the vegetables separately then shocked them in an ice bath.

1172060_743870698966386_581722755_n.jpg

Really well done! Love the attention to detail.

;) Man you guys put me to shame, all I can make are stuff from the Microwave or some Sandwitches or something :laugh:

;) Man you guys put me to shame, all I can make are stuff from the Microwave or some Sandwitches or something :laugh:

We have a lot in common then. Besides the obvious Dragon Quest of course..

merygada.jpg

Made some blueberry turkey burgers with a lemon-basil blueberry mayonnaise. They were incredibly juicy and that mayo was to die for. Had the zest of an entire lemon in about a half cup of mayo with a tablespoon of dried basil and some whole blueberries.

Also this week I got challenged by a friend to try out this 1 pot pasta recipe. I'll post the link below the picture, but basically you throw all this stuff (including uncooked pasta) into the pot and go from there. No straining, no draining, no extra dishes. 1 cutting board and 1 large skillet was it. It was surprisingly easy and delicious. Wish I had some fresh basil and parmesan cheese, but we made do and it was yummy.

usutebyn.jpg

ehune7e4.jpg

http://www.lottieanddoof.com/2013/06/one-pan-pasta/

I substituted a pound of small bow tie pasta and left everything else the same. It was just fine. We're going to make it again for friends and put in about 50% more tomatoes and 8 oz of feta cheese at the end for a little Mediterranean flair.

Edited by Plattym3

Sorry I missed your reply, we just used imitation crab meat, and we like it very krabby :) so if you want it more cream cheesy cut back on the meat

Ingredients

• 1 pkg wonton wrappers
  • water
  • 30 Chunks Krab meat
  • 1 pkg Philadelphia cream cheese (8oz)
  • 3 Green onions
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp Soy sauce
  • 1 tsp Sugar

Directions

1. Finely chop the krab meat and green onions.
  2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a lumpy paste.
  3. Place a teaspoonful of the mixture into the center of a wonton wrap. Wet the edges and fold either to a triangle or bring all edges to the top to form more of the basket style crab rangoon.
  4. Cook the crab rangoons in oil for about 2 minutes.

As for the other one, don't have that one written up in my recipe app

But I just cooked a chicken breast (boiled for 15-20 min), cubed it 3/4 to 1 in size, then a chunk of pepper jack cheese on one end and a jalapeno on the other end. Took an uncooked piece of bacon and cut it in half, wrapped each half around the stack of chicken, jalapeno and chesse and stuck a toothpick thru to hold all together and deep fried it for about 2-3 minutes

Sorry I missed your reply, we just used imitation crab meat, and we like it very krabby :) so if you want it more cream cheesy cut back on the meat

Ingredients

• 1 pkg wonton wrappers
  • water
  • 30 Chunks Krab meat
  • 1 pkg Philadelphia cream cheese (8oz)
  • 3 Green onions
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp Soy sauce
  • 1 tsp Sugar

Directions

1. Finely chop the krab meat and green onions.
  2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a lumpy paste.
  3. Place a teaspoonful of the mixture into the center of a wonton wrap. Wet the edges and fold either to a triangle or bring all edges to the top to form more of the basket style crab rangoon.
  4. Cook the crab rangoons in oil for about 2 minutes.

As for the other one, don't have that one written up in my recipe app

But I just cooked a chicken breast (boiled for 15-20 min), cubed it 3/4 to 1 in size, then a chunk of pepper jack cheese on one end and a jalapeno on the other end. Took an uncooked piece of bacon and cut it in half, wrapped each half around the stack of chicken, jalapeno and chesse and stuck a toothpick thru to hold all together and deep fried it for about 2-3 minutes

Many thanks, kind sir.

Maybe sometime I should make my amazing poutine and put it on here. It is simply smashin'!

Been waffling a bit the past 2 days. Who knew waffle irons were so useful!

326afc30b7667fc823e137b4d10491fd.jpg

Then last night I needed a leftover midnight snack. Waffled turkey and stuffing sandwiches!

1f44d2fa4e03280a2fc74f0f3392e374.jpg

92e3c61571ea6d9f3afebc90dbf4909e.jpg

They were amazing, made with leftover roast beast from Christmas.

Long time, no cook. Been making this spring break into spring beastly burger break.

So far:

#1 - Lamb burgers. My wife and my favorite.

3e9107ef3350bd5fe97e583ac9a93c73.jpg

#2 - Beef, but with a $#!& load of ingredients like soy sauce, sesame oil, onion, garlic, and a half dozen other things!

7e004b104e41d374d15583dfaa455e25.jpg

#3 - Pork burgers, with cilantro, curry paste, and lots of other yummies!

e6b3f6ed1917018aa77aea1fbb4b9518.jpg

Tomorrow friends are coming over and I'm cooking a It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia meal! I'm making Rum Ham!

I assume coon meat will also be on the menu.

Wow your spring break seems so late compared to ours, we had ours 2 weeks ago.

I don't have any pictures, but for Easter dinner I hickory wood smoked a brisket, a ham and a turkey (and boy where they hard to keep lit, Ba dum tss) :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

Those all look good, Platty. Not sure if I'd like the lamb one (only because I've never tried lamb) but I'm open to trying new cuisine.

Those all look good, Platty. Not sure if I'd like the lamb one (only because I've never tried lamb) but I'm open to trying new cuisine.

You should try it. Lamb is delicious.

MMM...lamb.  Homemade cucumber and dill yogurt sauce to go with it.  HOHOHO.  I miss that.  Platty, you'll have to cook for me sometime, those are some surprisingly good dishes.  The uses of a smart phone...much easier than "getting out the camera...damn it's been a week and the battery is dead...charge and snap, or eat while it's still warm," guess which I would choose?

My last special meal was taking some chicken, lemon, thyme, oregano, sage, pepper, sea salt, a little butter, and just letting it cook slowly on the stove, covered, then topping with Jarlsberg, Romano, and Parmesan.  Eating it with a garlic mustard aoli.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

Damn! This just reminded me I need to put the rum ham in the oven!

Had this line 14 days straight for breakfast! Losing weight and loving it. 10 more days and the final weigh-in occurs!

12a872d9b62fbfa97e08fb0dcb636a91.jpg