Sign in to follow this  
kingmetal

Treasure Maps

Has anyone ever found a map that has an monsterless floor?  I just got to the 13th floor of a map called Ruby World of Regret 86 and there are no monsters there.  I even cast Whistle and the "but nothing happens" message came up. Just curious how unique this was.

If only the DQ9 save hacking tool had a reverse search function for grottos... I would've loved to try to reproduce that. It's probably like those rare maps that have metal monsters only floors.

ye i have one - i made a topic on it back when i found it. the grotto is level 73 .... , but it happens when the game makes the area to big (since the layouts are made by random), so it can't load any enemies - its a similar reason to why you can get mks only floors etc. this is pritty rare since i have beat about 300 grottos and only come agross one map with a monsterless floor. i thinks its pritty cool 

Yep, this is definitely a known feature of the grottos, and as mentioned, it's a special case of the LMS-only, MKS-only flavor of grotto maps.  Kind of a cool find when you come across one, but you have to be a bit choked that you didn't naturally come across one of the other special metal only maps.

Guess I'll hold onto it then.  Too bad it wasn't one of the better rare maps though.

Self-discovered one on Aug.20, 2010.

Never got my 2nd one after that.

The MKS-only map generating rate is about 1/3450 at the optimized condition.