Dragon Quest Wedding Decorations

So my wedding was last Sunday, and I snuck some slimes in the decorations.

Each table had at least one slime plush from my collection. This was the bride & groom's table:

10174794_10152103016221298_5118385610223

The entry way table with everyone's name cards had soft vinyl slimes all around:

1237836_10152367551850681_50272471086632

...and my veil had slimes hidden in the flowers, but I don't have a great photo of that yet so I'll hopefully post it soon!

• Upvote 3

Neat!

Very cool and congrats :)

Those are neat. And congratulations on your wedding. I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

A far cry from my wedding. It was in my in-laws' back yard. I wearing a plaid shirt and instead of champagne, the drink of choice was Coors Light.

But your DQ theme is quite awesome! Too bad you couldn't import that wine from Rudia's Tavern in Tokyo.  Best of luck in your marriage!

"What's up with those cartoon onions?" :P

Congratulations on getting hitched, yo, assuming that phrase even gets used still. The slimes sure seem to add their flavor of cute to the decor. I'm curious to see that subtly slimy veil, also.

That is awesome.  Congratulations on your marriage, and many happy years ahead.

Congrats! But come on. You just cosplayed as Bianca and you didn't walk down the aisle dressed as her while your groom was dressed as the Hero of DQ V? What's up with that? It was the perfect opportunity!

Congratulations on your marriage! That was a clever idea putting all your Slime plushies everywhere as decorations, and they look great in the pictures. Did you by chance have your first dance as husband and wife to the tune of Bridal Waltz from DQV?

Congratulations on your wedding, Michi! Great pictures. Really, the slime decorations are an awesome idea! I totally should of done something like that at my wedding. Ha!

• Upvote 1

;):whoa: NECLORD!!!! DUDE Good to see you here on the Den again man, how've you been?

• 1 month later...

Phew, sorry about the radio silence. Took a while to get more photos back.

Thank you for all the nice comments! My slime collection is pretty well known among my friends and family, so I think most people who knew me recognized them as slimes. Maybe not some grandparents and friends that knew the groom way better. Haha.

Oh, I forgot to mention.. half of the name cards had slime stickers on them too!

1965686_10152459056204674_44540838282047

Sorry for the gigantic photo, but it's easier to see the slimes on my veil this way. :D Two of them are visible in front.

This is awesome.  I just mentioned that if I ever get married I'm planning on hiring a string quartet to play Chataeu from Dragon Quest II.

Congratulations to Michi, the Heavenly Bride.

That's amazing. I would like DQ V's wedding waltz in my wedding.

This is awesome. I just mentioned that if I ever get married I'm planning on hiring a string quartet to play Chataeu from Dragon Quest II.

Do it. I came in to the Superman theme, my wife to Beauty & the Beast. The ring bearers to Mission Impossible, etc. Mix it up!

Michi, you look stunning.

That's amazing. I would like DQ V's wedding waltz in my wedding.

This is awesome. I just mentioned that if I ever get married I'm planning on hiring a string quartet to play Chataeu from Dragon Quest II.

Do it. I came in to the Superman theme, my wife to Beauty & the Beast. The ring bearers to Mission Impossible, etc. Mix it up!

That certainly sounds amusing. I would have liked to be there.

• 2 weeks later...

That's amazing.  Congrats!  I was happy just get some DQ influence on my invitations. 

• Upvote 1