Sign in to follow this  
Liamland

Would You Buy DQIX Again If...

Considering DQ9 was my favorite all-time DS game (and I had many), I would definitely get it again, day one. Added features and improved graphics would be a plus. Frankly, I'll buy anything that says "Dragon Quest" on it at this point in time.

Dude, me too. Read my sig!
  • Upvote 1

I know people go senile in their old age but you must be confusing your own sig for Slime Master's, in which he says he would buy anything with DQ's logo on it. Yours is but a list of games you've beaten or are playing.

• Upvote 1

I know people go senile in their old age but you must be confusing your own sig for Slime Master's, in which he says he would buy anything with DQ's logo on it. Yours is but a list of games you've beaten or are playing.

I'm senile.

I'm senile.

"My name is Nile.  I don't remember my first name, but I know it starts with C." - Forgetful old man in a well who gives you some postgame quest in DQIX for a legacy map.  

• Upvote 1

I would, mainly because I couldn't get the DLC the first time due to WEP security being all that was supported.

I'd also have a higher chance of knowing people to play multiplayer with because I'd actually convince them to play it.

Hey I got three people into FE.

No. I could barely make it through the game. Not because it was hard, but pun after pun after pun killed it for me. I also hated that they removed random encounters, especially in dungeons. It removes the usefullnes of herbs and other healing items when trying to get to boss'. Why do you need herbs when you can run from the beginning of a dungeon, to the end without encountering a enemy and be fresh for the boss?

hard? I thought it was ridiculously too easy.

I would, mainly because I couldn't get the DLC the first time due to WEP security being all that was supported.

I'd also have a higher chance of knowing people to play multiplayer with because I'd actually convince them to play it.

It isn't DLC. It's locked quests.

It isn't DLC. It's locked quests.

Doesn't change the fact I missed it the first time...

Stupid DS locked to WEP...

I would buy it if it has enhanced features (bring back the DLC and online shop), and no tagging (maybe streetpass would be a better option?). I loved that game to death.

i'd buy it. also, on the subject of DQ VC releases they should put DW1-3 on the 3DS VC. (all three were GB/GBC games) this could help get the series some attention etc. (plus putting them on there wouldn't cost them much at all) 

I completely agree, but since the series was rebranded, I'm not sure I see it happening.  Plus DQ games are being remade regularly, and SquareEnix won't necessarily want you playing the old version if they think it's going to hurt remake sales.

Believe me, though, I was hoping for this for years, for the Wii VC.

Now that they released all these mobile games, it will be at least a few years before we get a remake of any of the original games. Hopefully we'll get a couple new games for a while.