Sign in to follow this  
Liamland

Would You Buy DQIX Again If...

I put this poll together on GameFAQs.  I was curious to see what people thought: Would you buy DQIX again if it were re-released to 3DS as a downloadable game?

You can vote, here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/69033190

I would not. Played it once, and that is enough for me.

No. I could barely make it through the game. Not because it was hard, but pun after pun after pun killed it for me. I also hated that they removed random encounters, especially in dungeons. It removes the usefullnes of herbs and other healing items when trying to get to boss'. Why do you need herbs when you can run from the beginning of a dungeon, to the end without encountering a enemy and be fresh for the boss?

I'm gonna say no here too for one simple reason. There's no need for it to be remade for the 3ds because you can play it on the 3DS.

• Upvote 2

Straight to the 3ds? No.

With enhanced features? Yes.

If I could play with friends over wifi instead of local multiplayer then I would buy it again. That alone would be enough.

Edited by Soulerisn
  • Upvote 2

In a heartbeat. Its the only game I ever played where grinding was fun and went by quickly. Both time I beat it, I had over 100 hours logged in before fighting Corvus. The second time I played, I pummeled him down before he even had a chance to do his super attack that you're supposed to defend for. Come post game, stomping guys like King Godfrey were a cinch.

If they enhanced a bit I definitely would, it was the first game that got my wife and kids into DQ.

• Upvote 1

If they enhanced a bit I definitely would, it was the first game that got my wife and kids into DQ.

I'm jealous. That must have been a ton of fun with family/friends. Thankfully I did get to try multiplayer once with a friend of mine. Needless to say, it was a blast.

Yeah, we did lots of legacy boss maps plus I would help my kids grid with the MKS and LMS maps I had by taking them down into the grotto with me and helping them kill slimes (plus helped me get to my +9 revocation)

No. Simply because I own a copy that I can still play. Maybe if they enhanced it and it was 10-15 years in the future.

I'm gonna say no here too for one simple reason. There's no need for it to be remade for the 3ds because you can play it on the 3DS.

Yep.  That.

No. I could barely make it through the game. Not because it was hard, but pun after pun after pun killed it for me.

The puns kept me going.  Swinedimples?  Seriously!  That was awesome!

The puns are amazing. When I saw Jack of Alltrades become the Master of Nu'un, I gave the localization team a long round of applause. Seriously, that's amazing.

The puns are amazing. When I saw Jack of Alltrades become the Master of Nu'un, I gave the localization team a long round of applause. Seriously, that's amazing.

..it took me a second to get that.

When I did though, I started laughing hysterically

• Upvote 1

Despite the fact I loved this game I think it's too early for a remake, I really think that I would really like a PREQUEL, explaining what is the Celestial Realm how did started and focused on this...

Imagine if the Celestial Realm is just the Zenithian Reign but a few years after the Zenithian Dragon dead and without any descendant... LoL...

I really think that a Sequel would be harder to do, but a prequel would be easy... And would be really appreciated

• Upvote 1

Despite the fact I loved this game I think it's too early for a remake, I really think that I would really like a PREQUEL, explaining what is the Celestial Realm how did started and focused on this...

Imagine if the Celestial Realm is just the Zenithian Reign but a few years after the Zenithian Dragon dead and without any descendant... LoL...

I really think that a Sequel would be harder to do, but a prequel would be easy... And would be really appreciated

The prequel could feature the history of Corvus. They talked somewhat about it. They could probably make a whole game about it, if they wanted to that is.

The prequel could feature the history of Corvus. They talked somewhat about it. They could probably make a whole game about it, if they wanted to that is.

Maybe you'd even be able to play as Corvus, like how you can get Psaro in Dragon Quest 4.

No. I could barely make it through the game. Not because it was hard, but pun after pun after pun killed it for me. I also hated that they removed random encounters, especially in dungeons. It removes the usefullnes of herbs and other healing items when trying to get to boss'. Why do you need herbs when you can run from the beginning of a dungeon, to the end without encountering a enemy and be fresh for the boss?

I don't really get it. Especially with that game. Farming Metal Slime was made far easier, instead of the tedious activity it was in other game.

Too soon to buy it again, but I'm still really fond of this game. 

I know it has issues, but it does some thing right (mostly worldbuilding. I loved that worlf and would be OK to see it again).

And this game made us all hope for Dragon Quest's revival in the west, even if it was short-timed.

Odd. I never had a problem playing a DS game on my 3DS. And that's all I've used for 2+ years now. Then again, I tend to be oblivious to little stuff.

Like Platty, I have never experienced any issues with my 3DS XL (circle pad included). 

Emulators are fine to mention, list and even link to. 

I might, but only if they removed the DQVC and make the DQVC items available other ways. Also only if the tagging crap removed.

;) I second this post! The Puns were alright, some were amusing and some were groan worthy, such is the nature of The Comedic Pun. Also I would like to see them add more options to customizing character appearances.

Well, one of the points for a rerelease would be to resolve the DLC problems, where the server shuts down and users lose access to additional game content.

I would like to see a 3DS port (not just the DS one put up for sale), but I don't think it'd happen. DQ is a very neglected franchise outside of Japan and unfortunately for them, DQ9 did good in America, so we'd be more than expecting it to be released in the US eShop too and they'd have to think of something better than "it wont do good" when the original did very good.

This is what I'll never understand..

Once Square Enix put some effort into Dragon Quest localization and took it seriously they reaped the benefits from it.

Dragon Quest 8 is on the greatest hits section of ps2 games, no? Dragon Quest 9 like you said, sold extremely well thanks to clever marketing and the obvious quality of the game. We obviously want the games here but they aren't giving it a chance anymore..

Could someone explain to me why they choose to ignore the demand for Dragon Quest games? I mean some series have it worse in terms of localization, and really we have no room to be complaining too much but it certainly sounds like Dragon Quest is on the back burner.

I would give DQIX a go again if it had a Wii U port.

With the following.

1. Local multiplayer using Miis or guest characters. You and a friend can play together. You on the gamepad, friend on the main screen with a Wiimote.

2. NO DQVC. Or at least no wifi for quest content.

3. Expanded, heavily expanded, storyline.

4. No Sizz. Or Frizz. I am not riding the magic schoolbus or burning bacon. I am making fireballs in my hands and flinging them at Baramos. >=(

i might buy it again on 3ds but more likely to buy it if it was on wiiu, though if it had any improvements - such as online play or more dlc then definitely