I liked the demo of it, but that's about it.

I've had my eye on this for a while, but I'm not sure I'd drop 11 on this 

I played the hell out of DWO back 14 years ago.  Is this better than that was?  It was fun but I don't think I'd spend money on it.  Plus it was rather short.  Is this short?

Nestalgia is pretty long, and the cost is apparently for a lifetime sub with the option of hosting private servers.

It's a more original Dragon Warrior-esque MMO, it is pretty decent for what it is. Try it on Byond, too.

I thought I read that the sub was yearly.

Thing is, I wouldn't pay for a BYOND-based game in the current state of the BYOND platform. Nor would I charge for a BYOND creation, regardless of whether or not said creation uses IP.

Although they did report they are in the process of switching the platform from VS6 to VS2013 (http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1545753), which will allow them for more lattitude in terms of new features for the platform. Maybe then, it would be viable if one wants to monetize their game. We'll see, I guess.

Edited by Miles Edgeworth

I enjoyed the game from what I played of it awhile back. I've been following the extremely slow process of its journey to steam, I'm glad its finally out.

I'll buy it at some point for sure.

Ummm.... Is this the same as the free version, but with Steam support? If so, then no thank you. I've already got an account thru BYOND.

;) Not a bad looking title there though the MMO aspect worries me a bit, (is not a big fan of MMOs.)

It's essentially the same version you saw on BYOND, just they rebalanced things. Right now, I'm not a fan of the gameplay, as encounters have gotten much more difficult and the companions you can recruit are very fragile, making soloing the game pretty tedious and difficult.

I'm waiting for more updates before I continue playing. (I won a subscription some years back for free so no cost for me)

It's essentially the same version you saw on BYOND, just they rebalanced things. Right now, I'm not a fan of the gameplay, as encounters have gotten much more difficult and the companions you can recruit are very fragile, making soloing the game pretty tedious and difficult.

I'm waiting for more updates before I continue playing. (I won a subscription some years back for free so no cost for me)

Yeah I read the forums and saw a lot of people complain about the companions. I don't know if it would be a problem for me though since I don't really solo in mmos.

If a good amount of people here buy it, I will buy it sooner then I originally planned.

Edited by Soulerisn

Glad to see Silk's continuing to have success with the game.  I wish him the best of luck.

I'm probably not going to return to NEStalgia myself, though.  The main reason I got into the game when it first started was because all the old DWO gang was there.  Over time, they all left, so I eventually did too.

Well it only took me a few hours to go back on my word saying I wouldnt buy it.

Curse that NES charm it has..

Edit: Never mind having wonderful account problems. The internet loves me this week..

Edited by Soulerisn

I got a copy of this from a buddy. O_o Neat.