Sign in to follow this  
RyuKisargi

DQ8 mobile title trademarked?

You can put it on any ios device you own. (Technically you can only sign into 6 at once, but you can sign out and then into another and the app doesn't deactivate or anything.)

Anyone know if I will have to uninstall the JP version before I can use the English one?  Not a big deal, just curious.

25$ is more expensive than a used copy of the original which is superior to this demake...

Eh. Does it have anything worth buying it for if you still have and can play the original?

You can play it on your phone. It does not replace the original, it's just a version you can play on your phone. That's all.

It's a demake of the original for a platform where the average user will not care.

In America a DQ game will only sell on a console or portable.

It wasn't made for America, it was made for Japan. They have the translation, they might as well release it here. SE can't afford to leave money on the table.

I've been telling everybody I know that will listen to go buy the iOS version as soon as it shows up on the iTunes store, even if they've never played a DQ game before. That way, we might show more sales to SQEX in the US, and also get some new fans. Of course, if I'm the only one doing it, it won't really make a difference. So go tell everybody you know!

Here's to hoping teacher end of the year gifts include some iTunes gift cards!

I doubt I'll play it much, but I do indeed want to support DQ in the US, so I'm in.

It's $25NZD in NEW ZEALAND.

Here it is going to be $20 USD. Which is a fair price for a game with no disk scratches.

The problem is a DQ8 port WOULD sell on an actual console or portable where there would be interested gamers.

Most people interested in JRPGs are far, far away from the whole mobile scene. Again, would like to bring up Dragon Fantasy. Started as iOS/Android and became far more famous outside of it.

Heck I would LOVE it on the Vita to go along with my other favorite PS2 RPG (Final Fantasy X).

You gotta understand DQ is basically bigger than Buddha/God in Japan. Bags of Slime turd would probably be a top-selling product there. And people in Japan have like no life and play games EVERYWHERE (hence why Nintendo shoves crap like StreetPass or local, store-based events in EVERY GAME THEY MAKE because those business models are actually a thing in Japan) so having a game like DQ8 mobile is huge there. Their mobile scene includes DQ/JRPG fans because EVERYONE in Japan likes DQ.

Our mobile scene? Not so much. You're lucky to get a guy like Plattym (please tell me I got your name right!!! :() who's into the mobile games that are actually games.

don't strike me down for the Buddha/God comment, similarly to when John Lennon proclaimed the Beatles were "bigger than Jesus" and people wanted him hung at the cross for it!

If they didn't make the resolution/aspect ratio for it so atrociously ugly I'd contemplate getting an Nvidia Shield sooner for it (iOS AND Android or just iOS?) but... no. Also what do you pro-digital people do that your discs are always scratched/destroyed?

You're only off by 3. Plattym3 ;-)

Yeah, about a couple months ago I realized that with my young kid, I really needed to just bite the bullet and stick with my iPad and phone and just go with the mobile scene. I've found a few paid games I like and they're ok. I have been way more into my 3DS over the other game consoles since I've been with my wife. I think it's her love of mobile gaming while watching TV that got me away from consoles and into the portable gaming more.

I'm looking forward to DQVIII on my iPad. Actually been wanting to replay it recently, but there was no practical way to do so with my wife and baby around. I'm out of school for the summer starting in 1 week. Hopefully I won't have to be online at all times to play. Going up to the mountains to my parents summer home all July, the land of no wifi.

I don't buy disk-based games used. Ever. I just have bad luck with them in general as it is.

You can't get DQ8 new, so.

• Upvote 1

Ryu, when are you going to change your handle to "Romulator Ryu" or something like that? I know it's just bound to happen.

Ranting' Ryu makes more sense to me. While he loves his ROMs, I think a good rant whets his whistle a bit more.

ITS OUT!!!!! BUY IT NOW!!!! NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironically I can't buy it 'till tomorrow because I don't have enough iTunes credit but I'll buy an iTunes card on the way home from work. $20.00!

Android version is out, £13.99 in the UK.

Anyone know if I will have to uninstall the JP version before I can use the English one?  Not a big deal, just curious.

On Android it installed separately so I have 2 versions in my app list.