Forgive me if someone has already made a topic about this, but I was wondering where and how you get all the platinum gear. I have the platinum body and the platinum helm right now. I need the sword and shield though and am not sure where to find them. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Adam

• Upvote 1

FAQs are awesome when such information is conveyed within.  Though I haven't finished the locations of everything in every single instance (and I should), here is my weapon and armour faq on GameFAQs (the only uptodate versions of my FAQs are here, and I should get the rest up to date, but then my main faq is still an ongoing project).

FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/942424-dragon-quest-vi-realms-of-revelation/faqs/61648

The data you need:

Platinum Sword - Medford's Manor (30 Mini Medals), also Dropped by #158 Dragooner at a 1/64 chance (you can also dig these up on the maps they spawn, one being there is one in the Underwater Castle in the real world, it spawns with an Uberkilling Machine and guards 2 treasure chests, you can't dig here because it's a "story" battle where the creature is literally on the map and you have to talk to it to kill it, later it can be fought in the final dungeon as a random battle, and that is where you can dig up more if you so choose to).  So when you can go underwater, there are 2 possible instances of this weapon available.  Medford's is the for sure deal.

Platinum Shield - Somnia (RW) in the NE basement Chest [requires Ultimate Key, which requires being able to go underwater], also dropped by the following two enemies #153 Annihilantern @ 1/256 (late game enemy, near the final area of the game, outside), and #196 Octavian Sentry @ 1/256 (found in the outer oceans, all over, and SW inner ocean)

Edited by ignasia7

Thank you so much!

-Adam

No sweat dude!

-Alex