the Demon Lord for all eternity. 

Tales were told of his bravery, and for many 
generations his descendants defended the land 
and all of it's surrounding continents in times of 
need. 

Every year on their 16th birthday, a boy or girl 
from each of the major kingdoms is chosen to go
to their local castle and get permission from the 
king to go on a journey across the world.

This is the story of one such youth, and it is in
the village of Dublen that our story begins...

I'm still trying to figure out how to upload pictures to this forum. If someone could let me know, that'd be awesome.

Also, \n[1] is the player's name

Here are some pictures

Edited by Semolous
  • Upvote 1

Oho. I guess I can help you there, friend.

Just type the following commands (I guess you could call them as such) around the image's link: "img" and "/img". Then, cover both both of those commands with brackets. If you want to upload an image instead... Well, can't help much with that, I guess. Just upload them somewhere else, like ImageShack.

Now, here goes an example, for easier understanding.

(img)http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/109/c/e/scrap__koro_sensei_by_hangdok-d628dsd.jpg (/img)

In this case, the only necessity would be to replace the parentheses by brackets.

I did my explanation. Now, it's time for opinions.

I like the concept. It is pretty generic, but earlier Dragon Quest games were mostly comprised of "beat the bad guys and save the world", so fangames aren't wrong by following along the lines. Also, I feel like it has a very good setting for a nice love story. Looking forward to that.

Oho. I guess I can help you there, friend.

Just type the following commands (I guess you could call them as such) around the image's link: "img" and "/img". Then, cover both both of those commands with brackets. If you want to upload an image instead... Well, can't help much with that, I guess. Just upload them somewhere else, like ImageShack.

Now, here goes an example, for easier understanding.

(img)http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/109/c/e/scrap__koro_sensei_by_hangdok-d628dsd.jpg (/img)

In this case, the only necessity would be to replace the parentheses by brackets.

I did my explanation. Now, it's time for opinions.

I like the concept. It is pretty generic, but earlier Dragon Quest games were mostly comprised of "beat the bad guys and save the world", so fangames aren't wrong by following along the lines. Also, I feel like it has a very good setting for a nice love story. Looking forward to that.

Yeah it's pretty generic, but most if not all DQ games are like that. I'm actually wanting to hire a musician and graphic designer as well. I'm also trying to find some tilesets from 4 5 and 6 on the DS.

Edited by Semolous

Well, I tried looking around. Couldn't find any tileset. However, I did find some tileset-based maps. If I'm not mistaken, you could use an image editor to copy the tiles from the map and put them on a separate sheet. However, that would be a really tough job to do, so it's really up to you if you're gonna do it.

Also, while not completely related to what you asked, I shall provide a link to a website which works as a sprite database of sorts. It may help.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/

Well, I tried looking around. Couldn't find any tileset. However, I did find some tileset-based maps. If I'm not mistaken, you could use an image editor to copy the tiles from the map and put them on a separate sheet. However, that would be a really tough job to do, so it's really up to you if you're gonna do it.

Also, while not completely related to what you asked, I shall provide a link to a website which works as a sprite database of sorts. It may help.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/

Thanks for the info and the link! Do you know anyone who can compose DQ style songs on the Den?

I have never been familiar with music composers anywhere, the Den being no exception. No matter where, I have an amazing talent of forgetting who composes what. So I wouldn't be able to help much here, either. However, we have an Art & Music forum. Maybe you could look for some composers there.

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

I have never been familiar with music composers anywhere, the Den being no exception. No matter where, I have an amazing talent of forgetting who composes what. So I wouldn't be able to help much here, either. However, we have an Art & Music forum. Maybe you could look for some composers there.

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

I'm still new, so as such am not sure of certain rules. Am I allowed to post in there requesting music and such?

I assume you're allowed to post anything Art/Music-related. As long as it meets those criteria, anything goes, EXCEPT when it breaks a general website rule.

I assume you're allowed to post anything Art/Music-related. As long as it meets those criteria, anything goes, EXCEPT when it breaks a general website rule.

Thanks for the info. I'll make a new thread there asking for musicians and graphic designers then :)

As I told you, exchange the parantheses around "img" and "/img" for brackets [these thingies]. The image will actually show up in the site, and not just the link.

;) Not too bad looking from what I'm seeing here, and the story you have planned here is very Dragon Quest  :)

;) Not too bad looking from what I'm seeing here, and the story you have planned here is very Dragon Quest  :)

Thanks! I'm aiming to make the game look and feel very much like the classic DQ games. I'm even using the old translations for the spell names and such.

;) Awesome! I dunno if they have any Dragon Quest chipsets for RPG Maker VX Ace though, if they do, they would look AWESOME with what your striving to do. Also, the old Spell Naming Scheme was AWESOME!

;) Awesome! I dunno if they have any Dragon Quest chipsets for RPG Maker VX Ace though, if they do, they would look AWESOME with what your striving to do. Also, the old Spell Naming Scheme was AWESOME!

I really want to use some tilesets from the ds remakes, but I can't seem to find them anywhere I look lol

I look forward to seeing your project! I really want to offer help, but I've already taken on so many favors for other projects on top of working on my own. If you have any questions about using RMVXA though, I'd be willing to answer any I can. I've been using RPG Maker for about 6 years now, including Ace since shortly after it was released in English. (I'm not a scripter though.)

I look forward to seeing your project! I really want to offer help, but I've already taken on so many favors for other projects on top of working on my own. If you have any questions about using RMVXA though, I'd be willing to answer any I can. I've been using RPG Maker for about 6 years now, including Ace since shortly after it was released in English. (I'm not a scripter though.)

One thing I'm trying to do is recreate the zoom spell. You know, the one that lets you go back to visited towns? I'm also trying to set it up that you go back to the last town you visited after you die, but you lose half your money.

Also here's a video of the game 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SruMfVKXKAY&list=UUYCAd65Ok5hi5ZtLhtWlSiA

;) That one has always been kinda difficult to code in RPG Maker, even back during the RPG Maker 2000 days.

;) That one has always been kinda difficult to code in RPG Maker, even back during the RPG Maker 2000 days.

Ah, really? that kinda sucks.

I'm thinking of taking a couple of pages out of DQ9's book and not having random encounters as well as the ability to fight all the final bosses from the previous games. What do you think?

;) Fighting all of the previous final bosses as a form of post game bonus content sounds like a pretty good idea same with the fixed encounters as opposed to random. I like the fixed encounter system better than random encounters because you can pick and choose your battles and conserve your MP as opposed to being spammed to death with one fight after another.

Well, you can do random encounters without a game over screen at wipeout, if you'd still like that. Let me put an example project together in the next couple of days and I'll explain it.

Well, you can do random encounters without a game over screen at wipeout, if you'd still like that. Let me put an example project together in the next couple of days and I'll explain it.

If you could, that'd be brilliant.

;) Of course if you decide to go that route, like in all DQ games a nice chunk of money has to be taken from the fallen :P

Correcto