Sign in to follow this  
robotnikthedrak

Ultimate Giveaway Prize Update #3! ^_^

Man, Slimes bled out of my nose after watching that. Looks like this contest is gonna have some really serious competition.

NOW I NEED THE DQM SOUNDTRACK AND TARA'S ADVENTURE!

The DQM soundtrack sounds like the 3DS version because it is. They used that soundtrack instead of playing midis or recording new versions of the music, just like they did with DQ7 3DS and the DQ7 Symphonic Suite.

Really? That's suprising, considering the fact that Sugiyama is usually such a perfectionist. He has always openly stated his regrets of never affording dragon warrior mosters with a proper symphonic arrangement. Symphonic suite dragon quest adaptations were always performed by actual orchestras, while the dragon warrior monsters suite was actually synthesized electronically. Well at any rate, I still enjoy the gameboy compositions best! :D I do believe that I am the only soul who, deep down inside, is still holding out for Dragon Warrior IV GBC!

Edited by robotnikthedrak

I had no idea about the prizes when I entered, lol.

Is there going to be one winner or multiple winners?

Well, multiple winners: around 6, I believe. There could be more, but that is likely the number with which I go with currently: 1 soundtrack set, 1 dragon warrior monsters game set, 1 figure set, 1 book set, 1 plush set, and the grand prize. There could be more but... only time, and luck, will tell. :)

Cool, thats awesome. As you saw my collection, its pretty big ... but soundtracks are one thing I have yet to acquire and really want to. I hope (if I win anything) thats the route I get! :)

is still holding out for Dragon Warrior IV GBC!

Why not just play Dragon Quest IV on the Nintendo DS? :P It's pretty much the PSX version we were promised years ago.

Oh, but I do play it; and regularly at that, oh master of slimes! ^_^ Dragon Quest IV DS is my favorite of the ds series, as well as my 3rd favorite dragon quest period. What I meant by that statement was that while the first 3 nes titles recieved gbc remakes, of which I'm quite fond of the gbc style, the final nes installment was reserved for a much more advanced platform. They COULD have easily made dragon warrior IV gbc, and I've always fantasized about playing it with those glorious, lush gbc grphics, and those lovely, cozy gbc compositions. :D

What are the contents of the plush lot? If it has a slime knight, I'll try for it.

So apparently we can't do the prizes alone. There goes my lust for hunting Tara's Adventure or the DQM symphonic suite alone.

I'll be fine with winning something I can put on my shelf. No games or anything, I don't have a system to play them on.

Oh, but I do play it; and regularly at that, oh master of slimes! ^_^ Dragon Quest IV DS is my favorite of the ds series, as well as my 3rd favorite dragon quest period. What I meant by that statement was that while the first 3 nes titles recieved gbc remakes, of which I'm quite fond of the gbc style, the final nes installment was reserved for a much more advanced platform. They COULD have easily made dragon warrior IV gbc, and I've always fantasized about playing it with those glorious, lush gbc grphics, and those lovely, cozy gbc compositions. :D

A GBC version was originally planned - or at least there's evidence that it was. You know how you could trade monster medals in III? Well, that game has data for monster medals corresponding to all the monsters from DWIV as well. Including the chapter VI bonus boss, from what I've heard, although he was not originally going to just be a clone of Necrosaro. Apparently the project was scrapped and moved to the PS1 instead. I have a feeling we would have gotten a GBC version though. It would have probably been less expensive to localize, reach more customers (higher profits) and since the project was apparently already being worked on, it may have finished before the random closing of Enix of America. Sadly, this was not the case.

:) I remember hearing about that and seeing a Necrosaro Monster Medal somewhere, either here on the Den or during a random Google search also the localizing of a Game Boy Color version would have been better to read as opposed to all those accents the DS version used.