Sign in to follow this  
SlimeBeherit

Thanks streetpass...

My girlfriend got these street passes from people who claim they're from Japan. Are the names suppose to appear in english?

dYjjdPp.jpg?1

9o6nN21.jpg

needless to say, it broke my heart :T

Edited by SlimeBeherit
  • Upvote 1

Apparently, they might be the names translated to English, which I could suspect hints (if even a little) at a localization. Unless somebody with a few Japanese 3DSes debunks this, I'm sticking to my theory.

(Yes, I know I'm supposed to cut the bullfinch on localization and just let it die off.)

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Don't grasp at straws. These are games that already have English titles and it's only natural that there would be entries for them.

It's not unusual for Japanese games to have English names in Streetpass. What I find strange is that if one of my friends is playing a Japanese game, when then show up on my online friend list the title is in Japanese. And not every game has an English title. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. But the Streetpass names are not indicative of what those titles would look like in English. I passed a player once who was playing "pokemon mystery dungeon", no capitalization or subtitle. 

When I saw one of my friends was playing "ドラゴンクエストVII".... I gently pawed at the screen...

Edited by Excitemike

Ya know, I do have a J3DS and Terry's Wonderland.  I could test this.

What exactly am I testing?  How do I see what all the people I am streetpassing have?

What exactly am I testing?  How do I see what all the people I am streetpassing have?

What shows up in StreetPass is the last game you played. So just play the game game then get a Streetpass. In your Friend List you can set your favourite game as well. But that's a different thing. :shrug:

The DQX companion app has an English title. I heard it wasn't always in English, but I wasn't able to verify it myself.

(My own screenshot).

IMG_20131029_002948.jpg

Edited by Chris

What shows up in StreetPass is the last game you played. 

Shows up... where?  How do I access that on my 3DS?

They appear in the Street Plaza (where you go to collect the puzzles or play Street Quest etc) if you StreetPass someone, so you would need 2 3DSes and StreetPass with both of them.

I can confirm Monsters 2 shows up as DQM2 and I'm sure VII showed as pictured. I can test Terry's Wonderland if anyone wants me to.

Edited by Chris

They appear in the Street Plaza (where you go to collect the puzzles or play Street Quest etc) if you StreetPass someone, so you would need 2 3DSes and StreetPass with both of them.

I can confirm Monsters 2 shows up as DQM2 and I'm sure VII showed as pictured. I can test Terry's Wonderland if anyone wants me to.

I'm curious.

Hm. Odd that it's just DQMT not DQMTW like I expected.

IMG_20140315_203159.jpg

IMG_20140315_200937.jpg

Eh, makes sense to me. My theory is that the foreign names for streetpass are chosen by someone who doesn't speak that language. It doesn't have anything to do with what games are being released.

Simply seeing those little images for the 3DS titles already has me mourning our loss of Dragon Quest. Damn it Squeenix - be cool and let us have some of the games. :L

• Upvote 1

Simply seeing those little images for the 3DS titles already has me mourning our loss of Dragon Quest. Damn it Squeenix - be cool and let us have some of the games. :L

Yes. That. Please.

Don't hold your breath now.

;) Seconded! Stop shoving Lightning and Kingdom Hearts down our throats please.