Sign in to follow this  
robotnikthedrak

So, about the Ultimate Contest requirements...

So, friends, I've already got a good idea of what I expect the conrtestants of the Ultimate Dragon's Den Giveaway to adhere to, but I'm still deliberating.... deliberately, of course. ^_^ I want the contest to be fair for EVERYONE, and more importantly, something that anyone can feasibly do without too much trouble. So, what do you as contestants believe would be the right course of action? Anything goes? Submissions? Multiple categories? Upload, mail in, post, create? Art, writing, objects, videos, ideas, creations, tasks, obligations, dedications..... anything! What would YOU like to see for this contest? :D You're ideas may just be incorporated....

• Upvote 1

This is most important to discuss as a group. of course.... I would like as many den members as possible to feel comfortable participating, after all.

• Upvote 1

We could make this into a contest with different divisions, such as art, puzzles, writing, etc. and each category gets one winner and members cannot win in more than one category. Then you can privately discuss with the winners which prizes they want.

• Upvote 1

Does ANY art count? Or does it have to be a specific format?

Besides clearing that up, I agree with Democrobot as well.

I still have stuff I can put in, so...

I think everyone should have an equal chance of winning. I don't really like stuff like art or puzzle contests (sorry Demo!), your contests involve physical stuff, yeah, but not everyone is skilled at things like solving puzzles or drawing awesome art. Why not just do it like you normally do? No requirements, no voting. I like how your other contests were.

;) Random Raffle Ticket Drawing perhaps or maybe a Trivia Contest?

Edited by Slime Master

Mmm.... yes, thus I was worried that if the contestants were to create to compete, many would not have the resources nor the confidence to compete. However; anyone can post messages and comments, so... theoretically.... if the format were optional to those competing.... then a sense of balance would be restored. Ah! But can one judge a written statement against a piece of artwork? Or decide between a piece of music and a quilt of Hargon? Perhaps; if there were different fields, such as originality, effort, thoughtfulness, impact, or what have you.... an honest, well written paragraph can make the impact of a major monument if the heart is present. ^_^ Still, a randomized drawing would be much simpler.... but isn't something lost in that situation? How does one experience growth when mailing in a postcard? How does one gain deeper understanding by purchasing a raffle ticket? How does one become more aware by spinning a roulette wheel? Perhaps, even if the sole requirement is, at minimum, a paragraph explaining one's love for dragon quest, others may see it fit to push the limits of their adoration for it, and grow as they create, for themselves, their love of dragon quest, and for the sake of the den's growth as well! What say ye, oh masters of thine own destiny? :D Can each of you grow, just alittle bit, and choose your own submission to this contest? Can you benefit the den with a hot topic? Or do research to extend Woodus's glorious empire? Can you tell a story of how dragon quest changed your life for the better? Can you draw your favorite characters, or create the demonlord of your wildest dreams? What can you do to aid in the future of dragon's quest in the western world? Can you write a poem, remix a tune, create your own story, or..... create that quilt of Hargon? And that, dear friends, will be up to you to decide; but how the winners will be chosen, is up to Woodus, Chichi, and myself. Let not your precieved limitations discourage you; just do what you love, and for dragon quest! :D NOW, how does THAT sound, quest fans?

The contest begins in a few weeks for myself.... but it begins for you NOW. Think and precieve well, in the coming weeks, of your approach to this greatest adventure. ^_^

now heres a question. will the prizes be decided by the judges or will you let the winners decide amongst themselves?

I hope it's just him doing deciding. I don't like Player-led voting at -all-. 

He's done fair before, I assume he's going to pick names out of a hat and give the ones he liked the submissions of better stuff. (( Sorry, I like random lots. I won his second contest, second-place got me some sofubis! ))

I'm sure he'll just pick his favorites, rank them, then doll out rewards in the order of his favorites.

I'm happy either way, my song came out guud. Plus the video came out good too.

Knowledge and enthusiasm! So says this humble drak! ^_^