Want Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken to be released in North America?

Thanks to DranzerX13 for the following

Toei Animation in North America is asking which of their classic anime titles you'd like to see English subtitled on YouTube.

On their official Facebook page January 6, 2014 they said "Happy NEW YEAR Everyone!! Don't forget to check out our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/ToeiAnimationUS And don't forget to like our channel and leave us comments, we wanna hear what classic titles you want to see!!"

If you're interested, leave a comment on their YouTube, and Facebook pages.

https://www.facebook.com/toeianimation (Facebook)
https://www.youtube.com/ToeiAnimationUS (YouTube)

Hm, I'd say this is a long shot, because even though it's Toei/Jump, it would still have to go through approval and licensing from Square Enix.

;) I second Exctie's statement, I would LOVE to obtain Dai no Daibouken legally here in the States.

Dai... whuch one is it?

Wouldn't you just dai if such a thing were to occur? :D

;) Oh... the PUNishment of that one :P Anyways, I left a comment on their Youtube Page so here's hoping that they listen to us, the fans and bring us Dai no Daibouken.

I'd feel better if funimation did it.

;) Long as they don't have Chris Bloody Sabot voice half the cast... that's a major problem I have with some Funi-dubs. Of course that isn't the case with say FMA or Space Dandy, but I worry when I heard they dubbed D.Gray-man and Fairy Tail that again Sabot's voice would be in like half of the characters.

I do want Dai no Daibouken to be released legally, but I fear that Toei may have lost the original masters after the VHS release of the entire series. Then again, they can be irresponsible with their archives sometimes.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

;) Long as they don't have Chris Bloody Sabot voice half the cast... that's a major problem I have with some Funi-dubs. Of course that isn't the case with say FMA or Space Dandy, but I worry when I heard they dubbed D.Gray-man and Fairy Tail that again Sabot's voice would be in like half of the characters.

If Toei were to release this, it would be sub-only. None of the shows they release internationally themselves have been dubbed.

;) I'm okay with it being subtitled only :laugh: though if it were to be dubbed in English, I'm not nearly as picky as my previous post made me seem :wink: and as I have said before, Funimation has done some pretty good dubs in the past.

;) Discotech has been re-releasing a LOT of old school titles as of late, that would be awesome to have them bring us Dai no Daibouken along with many of the other old school titles.

• 3 weeks later...

;) @Mario: If you have a newer, better sounding version then why not? If not, just upload what you have and see what others think :)

;) @Mario: If you have a newer, better sounding version then why not? If not, just upload what you have and see what others think :)

I still have the same equipment now as I did then (a speaker/radio, a couple of mp3 players, a low-quality digital camera, and a toy microphone I got from Chuck E. Cheese's). The most I could do is sing the song all over again.

I'm glad that companies are starting to release old shows like this.  Last year Bandai released ZZ Gundam for the first time internationally through their english youtube channel.  It was great having official subs.

;) @Mario: Then all I can say is just upload what you have and see what comments follow :)