Sign in to follow this  
marthsk

Back in business

Hey there everyone. I'm mostly known around here as that guy who was making that BYOND DQ game that looked like the real NES deal. As some of you have noticed, I'm back in business! :D

I'm a long-time Dragon Quest enthusiat, as Dragon Warrior largely contributed in teaching me english (French is my primary language, as I'm from Quebec, Canada) when I was a kid. And since I like to understand what's "under the hood" of a game, I guess it's fitting that I'm fiddling on one. I'm fascinated by all the quirky stuff found in games, such as debug modes, technical info, and the extent to which games can be taken through rom hacks. I'm more of an old school kind of gamer, hence why that's the style I use for my game.

If you have any questions or comments, just let me know. :D

• Upvote 2

How's it going in Quebec? We're having a cold snap here in Alberta.

Anyway, welcome back.

Kinda cold here too, I'd say, but nothing out of what we're used to. I can't say we really have it bad.

You learned English through DW? How on earth did you learn to speak it so well with all the "thy"s, "doth"s, and "thou"s?

You learned English through DW? How on earth did you learn to speak it so well with all the "thy"s, "doth"s, and "thou"s?

Don't knock those. I use them in some of my conversations (and I even use 'guv and cor blimey sometimes).

I learned english through video games too xD

Well I'm new here, but whoever you are, welcome back :D

Well from the rest of the sentences, and asking a few people around, I figured it could've been a different "dialect", so to speak.

So yeah, I've learned early modern english at the same time as typical english.

To be fair, though, the 80's TMNT cartoons, Samurai Pizza Cats, and later on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, helped a lot as well. :D

;) Welcome back to the Den Mr. Edgeworth, I take it Mr. Wright is on break from Court Room proceedings?