Sign in to follow this  
MelonGx

MelonGx's History DQVC savedata pack

Thanks, MelonGx! Now I have all the exclusive items and a Silver marsh of bane lv 58 with a MKS-only floor!!!

• Upvote 1

I have just added my save file to the list,  I have the maps

Gold Maze of Bane Lv. 62 found by siyuu which always has Liquid Metal Slimes on Floor 10

Ruby Path of Doom Lv 87 found by masayuki which always has King Metal Slimes on Floor 15

I got them from the Nintendo rep when I went to San Francisco for the DQMJ2 promotion.

Updated Everything Rust Go Sale (Powered by Liamland) :P

so wait the nds adapter was the wifi and save thing not just the intend wifi thing I was thinking ^^

I figured you had a program to use the nintendo wifi  thing to make it think it was talking to the nintendo server

but your just using the save editor on your save that the thingy saves?

so wait the nds adapter was the wifi and save thing not just the intend wifi thing I was thinking ^^

I figured you had a program to use the nintendo wifi  thing to make it think it was talking to the nintendo server

but your just using the save editor on your save that the thingy saves?

1)

I don't have such a high technology to duplicate the whole DQVC.

If you expect a thing like that, please ask other people.

2)

The saves what I made have all the item downloaded from the real DQVC.

I ensure them not to be harmed on your own save.

But sorry that I haven't made any proofs to all the saves above I provided.

I can remake any possible DQVC save with video proof from now till the day Nintendo WFC shuts down, if anyone requires. But that's all I can do.

If you don't trust it, just not use it.

Edited by MelonGx
  • Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but I don't quite know what you mean by "savedata backup/restore device" or "savedata format converter."  I tried looking up the terms, but I couldn't find anything I could understand.  Do you perhaps have specific examples?  Or could you point me in the direction of a beginner friendly tutorial?  I'm sorry for causing trouble.

Also, I already have a second copy of the game, as well as another device that I can use (presuming this can work on later incarnations of the DS) and I've downloaded the zip file.  I do know a little about format converting, like how word documents and music files can be changed, but I am not knowledgeable enough to figure out how to put this data on the extra copy.

For the record, I am not intent on the items so much as the quests.  Does that change things if all I want is a way to unlock the quests?

I'm sorry if this is a bother.

So...how do we use this?

First, you need a second legitmate DQIX cart, a second DS machine, a savedata backup/restore device, and a savedata format converter.

Then:

1) Convert the savedata to your device's supported format. (e.g. 512KB.sav -> 64KB .sav -> 64KB .duc)

2) Restore the converted savedata into your 2nd DQIX cart.

3) Begin a multiplay. Use the 2nd DQIX cart as host. Use your original DQIX cart as guest.

4) Visit host's DQVC and buy the items you want.

5) Repeat step 1~4 for buying more DQVC exclusive items.

The NDS Adpater is what I used, but you also need a second DQ IX cartridge so you can load the save data onto it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QVG3LG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007QVG3LG&linkCode=as2&tag=dragonsden-20&linkId=PRBVJIJW4FNNHMQ2

The NDS Adpater is what I used, but you also need a second DQ IX cartridge so you can load the save data onto it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QVG3LG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007QVG3LG&linkCode=as2&tag=dragonsden-20&linkId=PRBVJIJW4FNNHMQ2

Does he? Liamland just plugged my game into his computer and did some good stuff with it, no need for him game.

Oh, thanks.   :)

Okay, so, I do have a second cartridge.  I'm mostly just not sure about the process.  I mean, do I just drag and drop the zip file once I've connected my DS to the computer?  How do I know which format to change the data to?  I'm pretty sure I have to unzip the files.  Is there anything else I have to know?

I'm sorry for not being clear earlier.

Apologies, but I also have a 64 bit laptop.  Is there a way to have the NDS Adaptor be compatible with it?

Does he? Liamland just plugged my game into his computer and did some good stuff with it, no need for him game.

Thank you for your input.   :)   I don't know much about this.  I guess I'm wondering if I'll get the quests unlocked on the cartridge I download the file onto.

So, I was reading the reviews on Amazon, and I gotta say, I'm a doofus.   :ws-slimedead:   I have answered my own questions about connecting and stuff (my bad for assuming that it was the DS that had to connect, nope, just the cartridge in the Adapter).  I still don't quite understand what to do once I have the cartridge connected to the computer, but . . . . 

As a side note, Amazon sells the latest version, right?  Because apparently I need to download some 'firmware' to make sure my computer is compatible with it.

Sorry, I think I made a mess of this post.  ^^;

Hey, I have a question. How long have you been playing DQIX? There's more than 100 quests available offline. Have you done them all? Do you want to do them all?

I highly suggest finishing nearly all the offline quests before you go buying anything to do the online ones. Honestly, there's a ton to do with offline.

Hey, I have a question. How long have you been playing DQIX? There's more than 100 quests available offline. Have you done them all? Do you want to do them all?

I highly suggest finishing nearly all the offline quests before you go buying anything to do the online ones. Honestly, there's a ton to do with offline.

Well, I've logged over 350 hours over the course of . . . maybe half a year?  On my main cartridge anyway.  On the extra I've logged another 40 or so in order to bring Sellma to the Inn.  And I've completed 105 quests and 96 grottoes.  Maybe it's not all that impressive, but y'know.  I'm getting close.  Also despite having the urge to complete all of the quests, I also specifically want to complete the quests that unlock Aquila as a playable character.  So that's why I really want to unlock the quests.

In the meantime, I'm on a mission to level up in all vocations, then revocation, all the while storing gold to buy things like chronocrystals and such so I can eventually complete the alchenomicon, item list, and wardrobe.  I intend to do this by plundering increasingly difficult and rewarding grottoes, simultaneously filling the missing blanks of the Defeated Monster List,  As an added bonus, I will increase my Battle Victories and the number of accolades received.

I am in this for the long haul.  I am dead set on this.

I'm sorry if this sounds aggressive.  I understand what you are saying and I really do appreciate it.  I love this game, and I know there's a lot to do.  I also know that because I am not tech savvy I sound completely unfamiliar with with electronics.  While I have limited knowledge of editing software and whatnot, I am able to play a game with little trouble.

Again, I apologize if this seems rude.  I simply have a bad habit of being unclear with what I mean so I try to be as transparent as possible in conversations.

Thank you for your advice.   :)

Holy cow! You're awesome. Totally ignore what I said earlier, yes, you're someone who needs all this can offer!!!

And no, you didn't come off rude at all or unclear. Glad you love DQIX!

RPG Wizard suggests running a 64 bit machine in Test Mode to get the NDS Adaptor drivers/software to connect to the device.  It may also require some software to allow your machine to accept unsigned drivers.  There should be a bunch of information in the Amazon reviews, but I have yet to try this, because my 32 bit Windows 7 laptop still works.  As far as I know the NDS Adaptor device is not supported with updated 64-bit drivers, unless that's somehow changed, recently.

The easiest way to get the DLC quests is to connect to someone who has them via Pavo's Rapportal at Stornway.  Once you return from their world it will tell you that you brought quests back from their world.  I'm not sure what quests plattym3 did or didn't have, but after our Tag Mode meet-up this week, if he was missing any he now has them all.  There is a more manual way to do this with the NDS Adaptor/Save Editor, but it requires you to go in and change all of the Quest dropdowns in the Save Editor from Unavailable to Unacquired.

For Agate of Evolution ingredients, I have a save file I can upload to The Den from the New Years Sale with 3 Sainted Soma, 3 Ethereal Stones, and 1 half-priced Chrono Chrystal.  The shop download was originally manipulated to achieve these top 3 items with the highest quantity the shop offered for each, using the Map Method.  After several failed attempts around both the New Years Sale and Alchaid 4 weeks, RPG Wizard achieved this for me, at one of our Tag Mode Tuesday meet-ups in NYC.  This is my second cart that I use for shop raiding, whenever I need easy access to Agate of Evolution material.  It's great for when you're farming material for alchemiracles.

Edited by Liamland

Since the adapter uses an unsigned driver you need to follow these steps to get the adapter to work for Windows. I have Windows 7 and this worked perfectly for me. You can also search for "disabling unsigned drivers in Windows". That should get you where you need to be.

To have Windows Run Unsigned Drivers, you will need to restart your computer. You need to press the F8 Key during the boot-up process to access Advanced Boot Options page. It's a little tricky to get to this page though. You're computer will probably have some Pre-Windows Loading Screens for your motherboard. Don't hit F8 on those screens (as it will likely take you into the Motherboard settings and not the Advanced Boot Options). There will be a black screen with a white cursor for a second or two before the Windows loading screen. Right before the Windows Loading screen is when you need to press the F8 Key. Cursor down to the line "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and press the "Enter" Key. Once that is done you can insert the adapter and use the editor software.

RPG Wizard suggests running a 64 bit machine in Test Mode to get the NDS Adaptor drivers/software to connect to the device.  It may also require some software to allow your machine to accept unsigned drivers.  There should be a bunch of information in the Amazon reviews, but I have yet to try this, because my 32 bit Windows 7 laptop still works.  As far as I know the NDS Adaptor device is not supported with updated 64-bit drivers, unless that's somehow changed, recently.

The easiest way to get the DLC quests is to connect to someone who has them via Pavo's Rapportal at Stornway.  Once you return from their world it will tell you that you brought quests back from their world.  I'm not sure what quests plattym3 did or didn't have, but after our Tag Mode meet-up this week, if he was missing any he now has them all.  There is a more manual way to do this with the NDS Adaptor/Save Editor, but it requires you to go in and change all of the Quest dropdowns in the Save Editor from Unavailable to Unacquired.

For Agate of Evolution ingredients, I have a save file I can upload to The Den from the New Years Sale with 3 Sainted Soma, 3 Ethereal Stones, and 1 half-priced Chrono Chrystal.  The shop download was originally manipulated to achieve these top 3 items with the highest quantity the shop offered for each, using the Map Method.  After several failed attempts around both the New Years Sale and Alchaid 4 weeks, RPG Wizard achieved this for me, at one of our Tag Mode Tuesday meet-ups in NYC.  This is my second cart that I use for shop raiding, whenever I need easy access to Agate of Evolution material.  It's great for when you're farming material for alchemiracles.

Thank you for the advice about my computer.   :)

As far as connecting to other people goes, there is nobody in the area who has this game besides me (let alone someone with the DLC), so that isn't really an option for me around here.  I'm also kinda stuck where I am right now, so . . . yeah.

Since the adapter uses an unsigned driver you need to follow these steps to get the adapter to work for Windows. I have Windows 7 and this worked perfectly for me. You can also search for "disabling unsigned drivers in Windows". That should get you where you need to be.

To have Windows Run Unsigned Drivers, you will need to restart your computer. You need to press the F8 Key during the boot-up process to access Advanced Boot Options page. It's a little tricky to get to this page though. You're computer will probably have some Pre-Windows Loading Screens for your motherboard. Don't hit F8 on those screens (as it will likely take you into the Motherboard settings and not the Advanced Boot Options). There will be a black screen with a white cursor for a second or two before the Windows loading screen. Right before the Windows Loading screen is when you need to press the F8 Key. Cursor down to the line "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and press the "Enter" Key. Once that is done you can insert the adapter and use the editor software.

Thank you!  These steps are really easy to understand.   :)

As a side note, are there any other effects on my computer when I make the change?  I can always change it back by doing the same thing, right?

Woodus was kind enough to upload two of my Save files featuring Special Maps (Riamu) and a DQVC Shop for raiding Agate of Evolution ingredients (Alef).

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq9ds/savefiles.php?tp=savestate&grp=&current=0

Some of the high level maps found on the Riamu save, like the ones Discovered by Erdrick and Stan, have quest-related monsters, in case you're looking for Draculords, Blind Badgers, Blight Knights, and such.  The Riamu save also has my recently discovered MKS map (Floor 11) Emerald Path of Fear Lv. 84 (located East of Stornway) as well as The Mystical One's gem-slime map, (Floor 9) Shaelyn's Emerald Maze of Gloom, Lv. 81.

Edited by Liamland