Sign in to follow this  
MelonGx

MelonGx's History DQVC savedata pack

DL link:

http://meh2000.is-mine.net/DQVC.htm

Self comment:

Nintendo announced that DS Wi-Fi service will be closed on May 20, 2014.

That means Everything Rust Go Sale and Orb Week will never be on sale from my savedata pack >____<

But rest assured, all the other exclusive items are fully collected.

(Mar 13, 2014 - Updated Everything Rust Go Sale. Thanks to Liamland.)

Edited by MelonGx
  • Upvote 1

So...how do we use this?

First, you need a second legitmate DQIX cart, a second DS machine, a savedata backup/restore device, and a savedata format converter.

Then:

1) Convert the savedata to your device's supported format. (e.g. 512KB.sav -> 64KB .sav -> 64KB .duc)

2) Restore the converted savedata into your 2nd DQIX cart.

3) Begin a multiplay. Use the 2nd DQIX cart as host. Use your original DQIX cart as guest.

4) Visit host's DQVC and buy the items you want.

5) Repeat step 1~4 for buying more DQVC exclusive items.

Edited by MelonGx

Good, you have them broke out and named nicely, I will rezip these and add them to the Den's list if you don't care?

Also I ordered a NDS Adapter today, I have the 2 "named" maps, Masayuki and the other one, I will dump my save and contribute when I get it.

where did you order the adapter from amazon has them for stupid  high price =/

I didn't think $35 seemed too bad, if one of the guys here had someone pick one up in Japan for about that price.

$35 is pretty standard as Woodus said.

Melon, what about using the AR to create alternative saves with the optimal "everything rust go" and "orb week" items in the DQVC list?

Ugh, so the Rust and Orb DQVC days are ultimately just... lost?  :(

;) When the servers are shut down would it still be possible to get this content locally or is it pretty much get it while it's online or from a buddy who has the stuff? I'm still confused by a lot of this so don't mind me too much :confused: :blush:

Melon, what about using the AR to create alternative saves with the optimal "everything rust go" and "orb week" items in the DQVC list?

I think modifying a DQVC item list with the Save Editor is safer than using AR code.

Although I have no evidence for supporting this point, I have seen some AR code users used an integrated AR code on their DQIX, which made their DQIX spreading "You obtained some new quests" to the multiplaying guests who had already had 184 quests, like a virus.

(Edit) BTW, DQM J2's Save Editor is not safe for its monster modifying at all.

There is an App to transfer copy DQM J2 & Professional's legitmate cart's monsters towards DQM 3DS.

The App refuses accepting the whole save if there is one modified monster inside the save, even only the grandfather's name is modified.

Edited by MelonGx

Ugh, so the Rust and Orb DQVC days are ultimately just... lost?   :(

I'm feeling sorry that I could collect them in the 1st year but I didn't.

In the 2nd and 3rd year, the server had been down in the period those fayres should be on sale.

;) When the servers are shut down would it still be possible to get this content locally or is it pretty much get it while it's online or from a buddy who has the stuff? I'm still confused by a lot of this so don't mind me too much :confused: :blush:

A downloaded DQVC is able to be visited by multiplaying as a guest. That's why I collected the history DQVCs.

BTW, DLC Quest 121~184 is able to be unlocked via multiplay too.

The only thing unobtainable after DS Wi-Fi shutting down is the Special Guest.

So if you are new or plan to replay the game, download it as soon as possible.

Edited by MelonGx

;) Ah, good to know that most of the content will still be available thanks to the Fans :)

Good, you have them broke out and named nicely, I will rezip these and add them to the Den's list if you don't care?

Sure :P

Oh man, we should be packet sniffing the DQVC stuff.  It CAN'T be that complicated.

I thought someone was working on that to see if the data could be captured and played back

I've only captured one or two sessions from DQVC when I downloaded the data... I had thought that it might be useful in some way if I could figure out how to act like I was the server it was suppose to come from. I've never really got around to analyzing it due to college. I didn't think I mentioned that to you though. :P

I had talked about collecting Nifi data packets using promiscious mode and rebroadcasting it as a way to transfer DQIX guest users, but it's not something I could do due to hardware, software, monetary, and time limitations.

We should just put the word out regarding those two weeks. Maybe somebody has the save data and they don't know. Does anyone know the dates those two weeks originally ran?

Hey Melon, I have an "Everything Rust Go" save file from a few years ago.  I just checked a bunch of my old saves.  Shoot me a PM and we can exchange email addresses.

Everything Go Rust and Orb Week -- the Rust armor is available elsewhere, right?  I know the Orbs are available via the bonus boss fights.

What about the Inn residents?  Are they available via Tag mode or whatnot, or do we absolutely need to make sure we get on DQVC one last time before the shutdown?

And has anyone started packet sniffing the DQVC updates?

Everything Go Rust and Orb Week -- the Rust armor is available elsewhere, right?  I know the Orbs are available via the bonus boss fights.

What about the Inn residents?  Are they available via Tag mode or whatnot, or do we absolutely need to make sure we get on DQVC one last time before the shutdown?

And has anyone started packet sniffing the DQVC updates?

Rusty armor is available as a one-time only prize for Quest #177.  However, you can get an additional Rusty Armor from the shop.

The download enables the legacy residents at the Inn.  The data for the legacy residents is actually in the game cart, but locked until the first data/shop download occurs.  This service will likely be discontinued if the DQVC is shut down.  However, since the data is there, it is possible to add them if you had AR, or an NDS Adaptor in combination with using the Save Editor.

I don't know anything about packet sniffing, but I know that many have tried to deconstruct the shop download, since DQVC server shut down has happened twice within the past two years.  Both times the idea has come up, but none have been successful in either decoding or recreating it.  Ideally, a localized version of the shop download on a server that is automated to switch with each week would be a suitable solution to losing Nintendo's support of the service, but it's just a matter of someone figuring out how to do it.

Hey Melon, I have an "Everything Rust Go" save file from a few years ago.  I just checked a bunch of my old saves.  Shoot me a PM and we can exchange email addresses.

The PM was sent :D

Damn.  Makes me wish I'd kept up with my long-ago Savestate Shrine.  I had SO much stuff from before the DS era.

We should just put the word out regarding those two weeks. Maybe somebody has the save data and they don't know. Does anyone know the dates those two weeks originally ran?

http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/dqvclist.php