nintendo shuting down wifi service

Wow...

I'm kind off skeptical, but this had to happen.

Source ?

Doesn't surprise me whatsoever. 

I believe it. I can't imagine it was used much. The source was posted in a similar topic for DQ IX but apparently it applies to all games for Wii and DS though.

Edited by eal

Here's the source : http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/26/5452114/nintendo-killing-nintendo-wi-fi-connection-service-for-ds-and-wii-may

It's nothing specific to DQMJ2, they're just shutting down the whole Wi-Fi for DS...

To be honest, I can't see any reason for Nintendo to keep up these servers. They're all pretty much dead anyway. Think about it. When was the last time you went onto the Wifi for one of these games?

So I'll have to get the top 100 wifi monsters for alll categories...

I can't even make a team weak enough to be able to be registered in Rookie xD

DQMJ2 has been on my replay list for a while, but the closing of Wi-Fi just moved it to the top of my list. I've never been able to get any of the Wi-Fi prize monsters. I can never seem to touch the top 100. I wish there was a sure-fire way to rank just enough to get each of them.

Got fluffy :D

(I ranked 22nd in Scout without even using 3 monsters xD)

One Hammerhood who is my physical attacker (Atk Bonus III Def Bonus III Martial Artist) and a Firespirit who is my magical attacker and healer (Cure-All Frizz & Sizz III Wisdom Boost III).

Right now I started competing for Super Scout with the following setup :

Dracky

-Woosh & Bang III

-Agility Boost III

-Wisdom Boost III

(Crafty Woosher yay)

Spitnik

-Bang & Frizz III

-Defense Boost III

-Wisdom Boost III

(Crafty Banger + Maeister Bang = gg)

Slime

-Bang & Frizz III

-Defense Boost III

-Wisdom Boost III

(Crafty Frizzer yay... Actually he only uses bang but whatever, will probably switch him for a Mottle Slime/Spiked Hare @ Pearly gates)

• 4 weeks later...

One Hammerhood who is my physical attacker (Atk Bonus III Def Bonus III Martial Artist) and a Firespirit who is my magical attacker and healer (Cure-All Frizz & Sizz III Wisdom Boost III).

Right now I started competing for Super Scout with the following setup :

Dracky

-Woosh & Bang III

-Agility Boost III

-Wisdom Boost III

(Crafty Woosher yay)

Spitnik

-Bang & Frizz III

-Defense Boost III

-Wisdom Boost III

(Crafty Banger + Maeister Bang = gg)

Slime

-Bang & Frizz III

-Defense Boost III

-Wisdom Boost III

(Crafty Frizzer yay... Actually he only uses bang but whatever, will probably switch him for a Mottle Slime/Spiked Hare @ Pearly gates)

I was able to get Fluffy using your method. Yay!

Do we have any easy formula's for getting the other Wifi monsters? It would be nice if I could snag them all before Wifi closes down.

• 1 month later...

could of sworn servers have been long gone for years now...i stopped playing about 2 years ago after putting in about 350+ hours into the game. lol. i was always in the top 50 at least.

• 3 weeks later...

I was never able to compete online due to my router's strangeness... Oh well, considering the wi-fi is going down in mere hours, it's not like I'll get a chance anyway. I would've liked to get Barbarus, though.