Sign in to follow this  
IlexGarodan

DQ6 Vocation Trouble

So, earlier today, I mastered the Paladin vocation for my main character. Upon heading back to Alltrades Abbey, I found that when I was given the option to change vocations, the Hero class wasn't available. What gives?

• Upvote 2

Yeah, unfortunately Paladin and Armamentalist don't count towards the requirements for Hero class.  I am not really sure why they did that, but you must master a different intermediate class in order to gain access to Hero class.

For a regular character to get Hero class, you need to master all of:

Gladiator + Sage + Ranger + Luminary

Whereas your the main character can get Hero class by mastering only one of those above classes.

Hope that helps!

;) I usually master all of the classes anyway since having a few extra levels and skills can go a long way in facing off against Deathtamoor's/Mortamor's forces. Also if you're looking for a place grind Job Levels, Under Water is a great spot for this.

Yeah, unfortunately Paladin and Armamentalist don't count towards the requirements for Hero class.  I am not really sure why they did that, but you must master a different intermediate class in order to gain access to Hero class.

For a regular character to get Hero class, you need to master all of:

Gladiator + Sage + Ranger + Luminary

Whereas your the main character can get Hero class by mastering only one of those above classes.

Hope that helps!

Son of a--!! :ws-slimemad:

Thanks for the help.

All I can recommend is a Pro Action Replay and 4x EXP. :P

Go guy go!

;) I usually master all of the classes anyway since having a few extra levels and skills can go a long way in facing off against Deathtamoor's/Mortamor's forces. Also if you're looking for a place grind Job Levels, Under Water is a great spot for this.

I class grind in the Pegasus tower. Then again, I also haven't played it in a while.

Was just thinking about Mortamor's new name translation. Not as badass as "Deathtamoor" but not not as stupid as "Deathmor" (Or whatever DQM called him). Anyways, "Mortamor" works. It sounds like "Mortimer" which to me always sounded like someone wealthy (and therefore powerful, though in a political sense), "Mort-" means having to do with death or mortality, and it kept the "mor" part of his name. It's one of the few new name localizations that I actually agree with. (Though I personally think it should have been spelled "Mortamoor".)

I class grind in the Pegasus tower. Then again, I also haven't played it in a while.

Was just thinking about Mortamor's new name translation. Not as badass as "Deathtamoor" but not not as stupid as "Deathmor" (Or whatever DQM called him). Anyways, "Mortamor" works. It sounds like "Mortimer" which to me always sounded like someone wealthy (and therefore powerful, though in a political sense), "Mort-" means having to do with death or mortality, and it kept the "mor" part of his name. It's one of the few new name localizations that I actually agree with. (Though I personally think it should have been spelled "Mortamoor".)

Taking the Mort-Amor thing a little further along the same lines you were headed:

Mort --> Death

Amor --> Love

It would seem he loves death.  Fitting for an evil being such as himself.

• Upvote 1

All I can recommend is a Pro Action Replay and 4x EXP. :P

Already on it. :P

I hope I'm not too late.  This ruins the game.  It's more effective to change your job points than your exp rate.  If you want, here are some codes by yab, as taken from my FAQ:

JOB POINT MULTIPLIER:

{x2}

1205CE70 00001C80

1205CE8A 00001C80

{x3}

1205CE70 00001CC0

1205CE8A 00001CC0

{x4}

1205CE70 00001D00

1205CE8A 00001D00

{x5}

1205CE70 00001D40

1205CE8A 00001D40

{x6}

1205CE70 00001D80

1205CE8A 00001D80

{x7}

1205CE70 00001DC0

1205CE8A 00001DC0

Edit: removed everything after x7 thanks to hammerslime's post.  I never figured it would work that way.

Edited by ignasia7

I usually ran with a 5x job multiplier and 2 to 4x exp, depending on if I was grinding. I never maxed out, but I dont remember what level I was when I beat V.

I was on my tablet when I wrote this.

...and so on and so forth, going on every 64, or really every 40, so 00 then 40, then 80, then C0, and back to 00

So if you wanted up to {x12} job points:

1205CE70 00001F00

1205CE8A 00001F00

This doesn't work that way, they're add operations but they're limited to 0-7.

If you use 1E00 it becomes a subtract operation.

1205CE70 000030xx

1205CE8A 000030xx

xx can be a number from 00-FF (0-255).

Edited by hammerslime

Oh, so that's why yab stopped at 6x.

Edited by ignasia7

Cheats only ruins the experians of the game even if you want to use them it is not worth it