Sign in to follow this  
RyuKisargi

Just how well does this work on a Wii, anyway?

I'm curious. I haven't played a console RPG since Phantasy Star, but it's hard to imagine seeing DQ as a full-out MMO. (( PS was... kind of an MMO. Games still had a 4-player limit. ))

So, just how well does this play? Can you use a Keyboard & Mouse effectively? What if you don't wanna fiddle with a ton of cords and just want to use the Wiimote?

As for the Wii U, I see it better, as the Gamepad used right could do a lot, but does it? How integrated is it? Does it have keyboard functionality? Does it really mesh well with inventory management and whatnot?

Why use a keyboard on the Wii version? That's what the PC version is for.

I personally love using the Wii-mote.  It's my favorite conroller ever since it allows you be in any position you could possible want to be in (not forced to constantly keep your hands exactly eight inches apart).  As for a keyboard, you pretty much have to use a USB keyboard.

WiiU pad does have keyboard functionality, but I have no clue how good it is.

Edited by Sai

For in-game communication.  The in-game typing interface is really really bad if you aren't using a keyboard.  The worst I've ever seen anywhere.

Why use a keyboard on the Wii version? That's what the PC version is for.