Yeah... Except I don't have a PS2 :D Nor do I have a PS1 or PS3.

I only have mah 3DS and my Wii U (and my PC ofc).

Ryu : So the game won't work on my 3DS even if I change the language to JP ? I heard they were region locked, but isn't there a way to "jailbreak" it or something ?

;) I always go with Bianca, I'm a sucker for the whole Childhood Romance thing Dun judge meh! :P

Yeah... Except I don't have a PS2 :D Nor do I have a PS1 or PS3.

Ryu : So the game won't work on my 3DS even if I change the language to JP ? I heard they were region locked, but isn't there a way to "jailbreak" it or something ?

Regarding the PS2, have you tried emulation?  PCSX2 works pretty well for that kind of thing.  I have played through DQ5 PS2 in full using only my PC.  I have a PS2, but I don't have a swap magic or freemcboot or any of those things.

As for the 3DS region lock, if you have firmware v4.5 or below on your 3DS and are willing to buy a 3DS flash-cart, you can spoof regions now with the latest carts.  Gotta do some good research to make sure you are capable of using them, and that you get the right cart though.