Sign in to follow this  
iSickboy

Hello Fellow Slime Slayers

My name is Jason and I am from West Des Moines, Iowa. Smack dab in the middle of Nowhere, USA. I have been visiting this site since 2000/2001 so you have a long time lurker here.

I started playing Dragon Warrior for the NES on December 24th 1990 when I received it as a Christmas present after begging my parents to sign me up for Nintendo Power. I was instantly hooked. My favorite DW/DQ game is VII and I pray every night before bed we get the DS version stateside.

I also have a HUGE collection of Dragon Warrior and Dragon Quest Games, maps, guides, Enix Warrior Worlds and other items from the 80s and 90s. I actually joined the forum to see if anyone had Warrior World issues Spring 1991, September 1991, or Spring 1992 for sale as they are all I need to complete my collection. I am also in the market for a mint Dragon Quest IV Limited Edition for the Famicom. In a few days I will get some pics uploaded (I need a new card reader).

Nice to meet you all!!!

iSickboy 
  • Upvote 3

Welcome to the Den! Wow, lurking since 2001. You've been a lurker longer than most people have been members.

Welcome, iSickboy! Iowa hey? What are the odds that you would happen to live 20 minutes away from this site's illustrious founder?

Glad you decided to come out of hiding.  Also looking forward to seeing that collection!

Yeah I was just reading that, not too far away since I am in Ankeny :)

Talk to Dwaine, he might have them.

Welcome.

Yeah I was just reading that, not too far away since I am in Ankeny :)

Just a stones throw away! Maybe I will even let you scan some of my documents IF they are needed.

Talk to Dwaine, he might have them.

Welcome.

I'll look him up and send him a message. The three Warrior Worlds I need are the super rare ones (go figure).

I'm very sorry, but there can only be one Jason here...I must trauminate you immediately.

was a lurker myself for years, always nice to show thyself to others. lest ye be overcome by the shadows. anyways welcome to the den. 

You've been lurking here since before I could spell lurking.

Anyway, welcome!

I started playing Dragon Warrior for the NES on December 24th 1990 when I received it as a Christmas present after begging my parents to sign me up for Nintendo Power. I was instantly hooked.

Nice to meet you all!!!

iSickboy

Replace parent with grandparents and I could've written that.

Welcome to our little slice of the Internet!

Teaser Collection Pic

image_zps5a89ef2b.jpg

DW1 Sealed

DW1 Mint

DW2 1 open mint

DW2 1 open and so mint it has the cellophane on it still

DW3 1 open mint

DW3 1 open and so mint it has the cellophane on it still

DW4 Mint

DW4 Sealed

• Upvote 2

;) Welcome to the Den man and wow that is an impressive collection :whoa:

;) Welcome to the Den man and wow that is an impressive collection :whoa:

I'll add some more pics tonight!!! This was just the NES games...

7 different issues of Warrior World (I am missing the first 3 issues)

image_zps3c0497d9.jpg

Dragon Quest Collection for the SNES

image_zps38dd27aa.jpg

Dragon Quest 1 & 4 for the Famicom Brand New in the box! I have 2 as well (BNIB) but not pictured. I am only missing #3 :-(

image_zps6a998d1b.jpg

Magazines with DW articles, maps, guides, ect...

image_zps26f64f1c.jpg

image_zps30d74a54.jpg

More tomorrow...

Is there a place where you can have those sealed games encased and put up for display as collector's items? It's similar to the way they seal comic books in plastic cases and have them professionally graded. I've seen a few of those types of games on eBay all over the place.

I ordered 4 SNES, 4 SNES, 5 SFC and 4 Famicom UV protectant acrylic cases from VGA to put the best sealed of each last week. They will take a few weeks to get though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The COMPLETE Nintendo Power Dragon Warrior Welcome Kit!!! Including the envelope and the Enix Letter:

image_zpsb895bb65.jpg

Game Boy Collection:

image_zps02bf1e4d.jpg

Extra Japanese Import games:

image_zps0b8b3ab9.jpg

;):whoa: You weren't kidding when you said you had more to post up, also I didn't know Dragon Quest IV was remade and released for the Super NES. Also, how did you get those US SNES boxes for Dragon Quest I and II, Dragon Quest V and Dragon Quest VI?

IV was never remade and released for the SNES. I bought the boxes off ebay. Same quality as original SNES boxes.

:) Ahhhhhhh, I was curious about that seeing that I saw in your previous post about Dragon Quest IV on SNES unless I read that wrong. (Which I probably did) Did you ever get an import copy of the PSX version of Dragon Quest IV?

Off Topic: Nice Xbox 360 Collection too by the way :laugh:

Yeah, I have three different versions of IV for the PSX and I have V for the PS2. I actually have two copies on V because I use one box for the translated game.

This is what I am missing to complete my collection:

Dragon Quest III - Famicom Brand New in the Box (Japanese games were not sealed)

Dragon Quest IV Limited - Famicom (I have only seen one copy of it) I have pics of it so I know it exists.

Dragon Quest V - SFC BNIB (I have a mint copy but need a new copy)

Dragon Quest VI - SFC BNIB (I have a mint copy but need a new copy)

Dragon Quest VII - PSX - Japanese Memory Card Case for PSX

First three copies of Warrior World (Spring 1991, September 1991, Spring 1992)

A few Japanese piano books

I stopped collecting anything newer than DW7 and I do not collect toys or stuffed animals (I do have about 500 different Dragon Quest pencils and a bunch of pencil boxes).

I have also just listed my Gameboy & DS lot with guides on eBay for $300 BIN but I haven't gotten any bids or bites...

Wow that is very impressive :)

I stopped collecting anything newer than DW7 and I do not collect toys or stuffed animals (I do have about 500 different Dragon Quest pencils and a bunch of pencil boxes).

So the next time someone asks to borrow a pencil at work/school you have no excuse to say no.

;) Funny enough I have a small collection of Dragon Quest Monster Plushies :laugh: and a few of those Dragon Quest Card Game Cards I got in the mail from my time as a Slime Knight.