Sign in to follow this  
Sai

Hi all. I'm new here. And help! VPN down.

There was a similar thread already so I could have posted there, but I figured I would use this as an introduction as well.

So I've been playing DQX since day one too (I main a paladin) and was using overplay to do so.  Now Overplay doesn't work and I've just been sitting around hoping it will again eventually, but apparently that's not going to happen.  I've managed to amass nearly 20 million G (been waiting forever for a new pladin only armor set) and have 99 of nearly every item (yeah, I'm a horder.  I've got over 700 lottery tickets :) )  It really depresses me to think all of this is suddenly going to waste. Plus I was really chummy with my immediate neighbors (we watered and gave fertilizer to eachothers garden every day), and they and some other friends I went orb hunting with pretty often are probably wondering where I disappeared to all of a sudden.  I was just starting to get into pyramid too (got into 2.0 a little late due to some problems with ordering) and I'm rearing to get back at it.  Still haven't beaten level 6.  That one is insane.

So anyhow, according to that other thread IPvanish and Softether are options?  After I found out overplay doesn't work anymore, I tried VPNtraffic but the result was the same.  I've only have a laptop, so I used overplay to put VPN on the router and hooked up my Wii to the router directly via LAN.  I'm okay with computers but I'm not that computer savy.  I'm surprised I was able to (somewhat) teach myself about VPN and DD-WRT and all that.  Overplay was helpful since they set up everything for you at the beginning, but my router is now flashed so I'm hoping it's just a simple matter of using a different service.  I don't want to have to turn on my computer every time I play, which is why I liked having the overplayVPN on the router, but it that possible with IPvanish or Softether?

Welcome! While I don't use the flashed router for IPVanish I think it SHOULD only be a matter of changing the settings on your server to dial an IPVanish IP instead of an Overplay one.

Only problem is I seems to keep timing out every 3 hours with IPVanish.