Sign in to follow this  
Mou-rie-SHOU-rie

flappy bird

posted this for obvious reason..

maybe not...

yes, that frustating $#!& that nervewracked me lately ==a, never got above 7 .--.

• Upvote 1

Oy. Flappy Bird is a game that just sort of blew up overnight. Like, one day no one was talking about it, the next day it's all I ever hear about on Facebook and Twitter. I tried it out and it's as overrated as Angry Birds.

Yeah I don't really get this whole Flappy Bird thing. It seems like the big "thing" of the internet lately, sort of like how "What does the fox say" was a big deal for a while.

It will probably fade into obscurity soon enough.

That's what they said about Snapchat and Vines but they can't all be MySpace.

Everyone at my school plays it. I do too, but not for more than 2 minutes. It's a good time waster, I don't think it's really that bad. My high-score is 63 at this moment. Kids at my school though are INSANE! A friend of mine actually got 282!

Edited by Motdrafin

You make a good point, eal. Guess we'll have to see what comes from this game a few months from now.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

;) I don't understand games like this and Angry Birds, yeah it's simple addictive game play but if I want something like that I'll stick with either Bejeweled or Plants vs Zombies. Incedently I watched NintendoCapriSun play this game the other night, I believe his best was like 28 or something.

I did 40. Tried to beat that, couldn't and haven't touched it since. It's just a casual game.

Edited by FencingFoxFTW

wut

wut

Well said. You articulated your point very clearly.

That is the point.

;) How long before someone makes a Dragon Quest Slime equivilant to this game or Angry Birds :P

You hear that programmers? Get on it. It's got to be a relatively simple game to code and I'd pay a buck for Flappy Dracky or Angry Mecha-mynah.

;) Something like that MIGHT pop up on sites like Newgrounds or something

My two roommates are hooked on it:

My first roommate is what is known as a Human Factors engineer.  Despite its name, it's actually a subbranch of psychology.  He's fascinated by the emotions it brings out in people, as well as the sociological effects of Dong Nguyen pulling the game off Google Play and the App Store.  His highest score is 42.

My other roommate doesn't play games.  At all.  He hates games and finds them boring.  He's addicted to it though.  His highest score is 216.

Mine is 82

;) How long before someone makes a Dragon Quest Slime equivilant to this game or Angry Birds :P

Call it "Slime Dash", sidescroller like a simplified Clockwork Knight. Rocket speeds along faster and faster (like in Canabalt) and you have just one button, jump. Enemies and pits kill you, obstacles slow you down making control easier but long jumps harder.

Nothing. It's a bird that flaps in the air every time you touch the screen and you have to make sure it doesn't touch the pipes. That's it.

My friend is using my PC and my copy of Construct 2 to make a clone. So far... it's actually pretty good. In a few days he'll have it fleshed out and he'll be making 70% of the ad revenue it'll get. :D

;) Now that Flappy Bird is off the market, and some people are irked with others claiming it ripped off graphics from the Super Mario Bros. Games I wonder what the next big addictive casual game is going to be.

Call it "Slime Dash", sidescroller like a simplified Clockwork Knight. Rocket speeds along faster and faster (like in Canabalt) and you have just one button, jump. Enemies and pits kill you, obstacles slow you down making control easier but long jumps harder.

WHY AREN'T WE FUNDING THIS?!!? :laugh:

The only flappy birds I have seen around here are the local bird populations chasing and fighting each other.

My favorite bird story was when my brother in law was teasing a Canada Goose. He had a few drinks. I've never seen him run from anything in my life. One took exception to him. He ran like hell and got goosed in the process. He earned that ass chewing in a literal sense.

If you know geese, they aren't nice to begin with and will bite without a reason.

;) Oh man, that reminds me of a trip a friend of mine and I took a few years back. There were some Geese hanging out on the beach so naturally, my friend goes and taunts them, they didn't attack him or anything but I would have laughed had they done so.