Sign in to follow this  
Mr. RPG

Nintendo To Continue Bringing Third Party 3DS Games West

;) I take it that Happy Mask Salesman freakout gif voices your frustration with the lack of DQ in this country as of late

• Upvote 2

Let's hope. Not hold our breath or rant, but let's just hope.

• Upvote 2

I really hope this means Dragon Quest, more specifically the remake of VII, one of my favorites. In addition, I'd really like Fantasy Life to be localized!

• Upvote 1

*rant*

I will hope, as well. Through Nintendo only, will we see any DQ on the 3DS. 

Yeah, it looks like no SE doesn't care enough to translate their own games, unless they have Lightning in them.  Hopefully Nintendo doesn't mind translating a semi-competitor to Pokemon between gens and decides to bring the monsters games over, as I'm fairly sure that they are referring to at least DQ7 in this considering that they did a lot of the DS games.

• Upvote 1

Let's hope they might be referring to DQ7. I do hope we might get one of the DQM remakes, or hell they should translate them both and package them together. It likely wouldn't happen, but it sure would be nice...

;) @DarkNokturnus: Yeah either Lightning or Sora or Cloud... I liked Final Fantasy XIII and all but some new Dragon Quest would be more than welcome as opposed to ANOTHER sequel and yet another Kingdom Hearts title.

• Upvote 1

They likely aren't referring to DQ7 specifically, but it'd be nice to see it released.

Sigh

;) I would LOVE to play the DQ VII remake, if for any reason to see if they revamped the class system. Even though in the original version it took HOURS upon HOURS of Grinding to max it out the original version was very game breaking.

;) I would LOVE to play the DQ VII remake, if for any reason to see if they revamped the class system. Even though in the original version it took HOURS upon HOURS of Grinding to max it out the original version was very game breaking.

The game is pretty long. I've put in around 45 hours and I'm still on Disc 1.

;) That sounds about right, the last run I did I started in like late july 2008 and it was late September/Early October that same year with the time hitting around the 430 hour mark. Grinding up the classes is what really lengthens the time on this game.

I hit disk 2 somewhere around 140 hours.

I hit the end of disc 1 around the 100 hour mark. I finished 2 at 140 hours

Dear God. I'm never going to finish. I'm at the part where you get ambushed in the ruins of that town south of the Dharma Temple. Having to grind up a bit to get past this part.

I doubt Nintendo will bother with either monster remakes, especially when you consider MJ2's performance. Rocket Slime would be a nice release for E-shop, as I can't imagine the localization cost being to high for that title. Still, I am really hoping for DQVII and DQX. Nintendo is really our only hope, but Nintendo of America is very frugal... Remember how much people clamored for Xenoblade, just a mass of hardcore Nintendo fans. Even with all that fan outcry, they still had a limited release of that game. I don't blame them if they don't put it out, the amount of hard core Nintendo fans compared to the small number of us DQ fans, it's rough.  In the cusp of Bravely Defaults release, its been tough being a DQ fan, soooo much hype "finally a classic JRPG'...but what about DQ! :T I'll be getting BD, just hope it incentivizes Nintendo to keep giving us JRPG's even though I know DQ will not see BD's numbers 

Nintendo has already offered to publish DQ X, I believe.

I'm sure we'll see some kind of eventual DQX, and hopefully DQ7.

Monsters, though? Nope.

I'd say that DQ 7 would be more likely. But that's a guess. Who can say. If Square Enix has their way, we'll get neither.

• Upvote 1

I kind of agree that monsters is probably a lost cause, as much as I want those games.  I wouldn't have gotten into DQ except that I played the original DWM so I would love to play the remakes.  Hopefully they get an emulator made in a few years so someone can translate it.

I wan't to believe, but I'm certain that isn't true. Im actually more willing to believe that only VII will make it. With most people being down on DQX, low WiiU sales, massive amount of text, and server cost, I really doubt Nintendo will take the risk. DQVII on the other hand has the larger install base. Even though it is infamous for having gigantes sized amount of text, the cost would mostly stop there. If they are smart, it will be an E-shop only release.

I wan't to believe, but I'm certain that isn't true. Im actually more willing to believe that only VII will make it. With most people being down on DQX, low WiiU sales, massive amount of text, and server cost, I really doubt Nintendo will take the risk. DQVII on the other hand has the larger install base. Even though it is infamous for having gigantes sized amount of text, the cost would mostly stop there. If they are smart, it will be an E-shop only release.

Server costs aren't really that bad. Though I think it likely they would be hesitant to publish an MMO for fear no one would buy. God forbid they market it properly.

;) MMOs like Guild Wars, Warcraft and even the Final Fantasy MMOs seem to enjoy a bit of Popularity, though Guild Wars and Warcraft more so than the Final Fantasy ones. I personally would love to see the Dragon Quest VII remake make it to our shores but DQ VII didn't seem to do as well here when it was released on the PSX over a decade ago if I remember right.