Sign in to follow this  
AustNerevar

Where can I get translated copies of DQ manga?

If asking this is against the rules, then please delete this thread. I hate making posts like these as I feel like I should find it myself without bothering anyone. However, my Google fu has failed me and I cannot seem to find this anywhere.

I'm particularly looking for the manga or anime adaption of DQ V first and foremost. That is the most important to me. However, I would like to get some of the others, as well.

Sorry if posting this breaks a rule. And I'm VERY sorry if posting this is against the rules. Like I said, feel free to delete this. I'd be more than happy to pay for and import the manga, but I cannot read Japanese.

Edit: Typos; words

Edited by AustNerevar
  • Upvote 1

Have you read the rest of these boards? Haha, no worries. Hopefully someone can help.

Have you read the rest of these boards? Haha, no worries. Hopefully someone can help.

Yes, but the links I found, I couldn't find where to download. Maybe I just suck at finding stuff. I am a failure, anyway :/

Thank you so, so much Saigan. I feel kind of guilty asking what probably was an obvious question, but this is EXACTLY the sort of thing I was looking for.

Now I'm embarrassed for having posted this.

Oops, my bad. I actually meant by my post that your request was in no way an improper one based on our conduct around here. Glad you asked. Glad someone pointed you in the right direction.

Thanks guys. You are so helpful.

Always willing to help find something that can't be gotten in the US easily enough.

• Upvote 1

Always willing to help find something that can't be gotten in the US easily enough.

Amen.

;) Seconded! Especially if it's DQ related stuff and there's no need for apologies or anything and your not a failure :)

You guys are a pretty awesome community.

;) Thanks man :) We try to be kind and supportive to our fellow Dragon Quest/RPG General fans :upperslime:

;) Thanks man :) We try to be kind and supportive to our fellow Dragon Quest/RPG General fans :upperslime:

Except for Platy. He's a total douche nozzle to everyone. :P

Anyone planning to work on the DQ 5 adaption?

;) I don't know of anyone working on ANY Dragon Quest Anime or Manga adaption at this time. Most people are busy scanlating all the Weekly Shounen Jump titles and fansubbing Naruto, One Piece and Kill La Kill right now.

Except for Platy. He's a total douche nozzle to everyone. :P

Now I wonder whatever gave you THAT idea? :laugh:

That sucks. Naruto and One Piece are syndicated in America. Why would they need to translate it?

They are syndicated, yes, but they're censored. Look up 4Kids One Piece. Turned a pistol INTO A FREAKING CLOWN GUN THING. Oh, and Naruto? No blood, and all the shurikens are leaves.

Also because we lag behind Japan, which gets this stuff weekly. Our Shonen Jump is monthly.

Oh God...

When I read Shonen Jump I don't think they censored much. I can remember picking up the Dragon Ball graphic novels that had boobies inside and everything.

Shonen Jump doesn't censor much, if any. But the popular Animes that the kiddies watch are.

I -hate- Naruto in the US. :|

Shonen Jump is weekly now. It has been for over a year now and it's only a week behind the Japanese release. As for censorship, it was heavily censored, it just depends on when it was published. Older volumes of some series remain largely untouched while more recent ones are censored. Off the top of my head, I can remember a scene in Naruto where a cigarette was removed from Shikamaru, who was smoking it. And in the monthly magazine, swears were removed frequently and replaced with crap and the like before they started just using words like dang. They've even removed series from the magazine because future chapters featured content they wouldn't be able to show down the line.

Believe it.

I remember some innuendo in Yu-Gi-Oh! I think they even showed *gasp* panties. But that's not unusual for manga.

As a fourteen year old boy, Dragon Ball boobies were about the greatest thing ever. But if I ever read some of the new stuff I would not want censored manga. I don't like it when translators change anything.

I get your wanting to have uncensored manga but that's just not possible. They're trying to make these mass-market graphic novels and to do that there needs to be some changes. If you've ever read manga online, and I'm sure you have, a large majority of mainstream series are very graphic in language and content. And considering the fact that by changing this, they've exposed these series to a wider audience, and therefore making a larger profit for the original author, it's a pretty good trade-off just so long as they don't make too many liberties. I can understand changing names to more Americanized ones for little kids I guess like in Yu-Gi-Oh! but not others like, say, Detective Conan.

I read manga as a kid, before and during when Shonen Jump came to America. I definitely remember the graphic-ness.

However, I think they should offer censored and uncensored graphic novels. It's fine if in the magazine they want to censor it for kids, but I wouldn't buy a graphic novel that wasn't uncensored.