Sign in to follow this  
Ashes

Valtentine's Day 2014

The event for valentine's day isn't too bad. 

-First you say "Happy Valentine" to this guy in Japanese. ãƒãƒƒãƒ”ーãƒãƒ¬ãƒ³ã‚¿ã‚¤ãƒ³ (happiibalentain). 

He's at Orufea E-5, Gatara B-6, Juretto E-3, Glen D-3, of Azlan E-5 ã€€

tKUccDZ.jpg

-Then you talk to him here and after that enter the door behind him. 

0BFzXQz.jpg

-After that you will see a cutscene. Pick whichever girl you want and you'll have to get her chocolate from the boss fight to follow. 

It is the girl's name = chocolate

• ミシュアï¼ãƒžã‚¤ãƒ«ãƒ‰
  • リゼロッタï¼ãƒ¯ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ¼
  • セラフィï¼ã‚­ãƒ¥ãƒ¼ãƒˆ
  • クラãƒï¼ãƒ©ãƒƒã‚­ãƒ¼
  • マイユï¼ãƒãƒƒãƒ”ー
  • ãƒã‚¤ãƒƒã‚¯ãƒªãƒ³ï¼ãƒŸã‚¹ãƒ†ãƒªãƒ¼
  • アルウェï¼ãƒ•ã‚¡ãƒ³ã‚·ãƒ¼
  • フウラï¼ãƒ¡ãƒ«ãƒ˜ãƒ³
  • ソーミャï¼ãƒ©ãƒ–リー
  • マリーンï¼ãƒ¯ã‚¤ãƒ«ãƒ‰

-Put on your new costume, and go to the portal across from the bank and enter the door before you. That will take you to a boss fight with these guys.

AD2E3nd.jpg

You'll get 3 of the 10 chocolates when you beat them. This fight is repeatable as many times as you need, and you can trade the chocolates. Apparently repeating this quest every day and picking the same girl 3 times will net you something good. (I have no idea what that is yet.)

Your reward for this quest is 111 fame, 5 lottery tickets, love candy and the ability to rent this outfit whenever you want.

Edited by Ashes

Chocolate monsters. I now have a new favorite monster.

The "Chocolate" Slime Stack looks strangely delicious! 

You should see the attacks. When they cast crackle instead of ice shards falling on you it's chocolate shards, and the slime stack pelts you with chocolate slimes which look like hershey's. 

White chocolate

Milk chocolate

Dark chocolate

Yum!

White chocolate

Milk chocolate

Dark chocolate

Yum!

Not even! White chocolate and dark chocolate are so overrated. Milk chocolate is the only chocolate worth batting an eyelash over.

-First you say "Happy Valentine" to this guy in Japanese. ãƒãƒƒãƒ”ーãƒãƒ¬ãƒ³ã‚¿ã‚¤ãƒ³ (happiibalentain). 

I mentioned this in game but it'll be easier on here, probably, but I can't work out how to type ピ and ãƒ. I can type in Japanese fine it's just those 2 I can't work out how to write. :P

Edited by Chris

when you get the happii part in the unicode popup should come up. if you play pc it just pops up if you have the japanese keyboard installed and japanese locale set. if you're on the wii see sai's christmas event episode.

For those wondering about the special prize you get for giving the same girl chocolate 3 times (1 for the 1st, 2 for the 2nd, 3 for the 3rd, 6 in total)

126808111_zpsbc560cdd.jpg

It's pretty awesome. Maiyu statue for me!

-First you say "Happy Valentine" to this guy in Japanese. ãƒãƒƒãƒ”ーãƒãƒ¬ãƒ³ã‚¿ã‚¤ãƒ³ (happiibalentain). [/size]

I mentioned this in game but it'll be easier on here, probably, but I can't work out how to type ピ and ãƒ. I can type in Japanese fine it's just those 2 I can't work out how to write. :P

If you are using the IME feature on Windows, it should be like this:

ピ: pi

ãƒ: ba

I didn't try this myself yet, though.

It's pretty awesome. Maiyu statue for me!

You have good taste, sir. :P

-First you say "Happy Valentine" to this guy in Japanese. ãƒãƒƒãƒ”ーãƒãƒ¬ãƒ³ã‚¿ã‚¤ãƒ³ (happiibalentain). [/size]

If you are using the IME feature on Windows, it should be like this:

ピ: pi

ãƒ: ba

I didn't try this myself yet, though.

Worked it out last night. I didn't know how to change ãƒ to get  ãƒ (same with ピ). Turns out the square bracket keys adds the little 'quote'/circle things. Had to set it to use katakana and press f then ] (or [ can't remember which way round they are).

The auto complete thing still never worked though but never mind.
Edited by Chris

There are some things I'm wondering about...

- Can you battle the boss multiple times during the same day, if it didn't drop the right chocolate?

- Can you make a present to only one girl per day? There are 10 girls, each needs 3 pieces of chocolate for a statue. If you can do it only once a day, you'd need 30 days to get all statues - and the event isn't that long.

- When you first meet the girls and talk to one of them, they'll ask you a question. Standard option is "No", I think. As I'm used to saying "Yes" anytime in this game, I said "Yes", then she asked me again and I answered "Yes" a second time. Watch it here (00:58-01:08): 

What did she ask and did I do something wrong?

I already defeated the bosses once and made the present to Maiyu. Then I cancelled the quest, but I couldn't do it again for the day. I couldn't even enter the chocolate fountain castle anymore.

You can fight the bosses as often as you'd like. I think it's a confirmation of your choice when they ask you twice. Don't know for sure. 

- Can you battle the boss multiple times during the same day, if it didn't drop the right chocolate?

Yes

- Can you make a present to only one girl per day? There are 10 girls, each needs 3 pieces of chocolate for a statue. If you can do it only once a day, you'd need 30 days to get all statues - and the event isn't that long.

Yes, the point is a contest, so they don't want you to vote for every single girl. You can't get all statues

- When you first meet the girls and talk to one of them, they'll ask you a question. Standard option is "No", I think. As I'm used to saying "Yes" anytime in this game, I said "Yes", then she asked me again and I answered "Yes" a second time.

It is asking "Are you sure?" Edited by Mimas

Updated today with the results. I think this is uniform for everyone, but the blonde girl from version 2 won.  You can talk to her in the chamber to get a giant frosted chocolate on a stick. 

YALKbq2.png

Thanks for your replies!

Aw man, I missed the chance for at least one statue, because I was a few minutes too late. :/ I didn't expect they'd end part 1 of the event at midnight (because DQX days usually end the next day at 06:00 a.m.).

Oh well, here is a playlist of the full event:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwDRYapYbmzgpbQA7lYd2MH85c3Chmfxq

I did one for the FFXI crossover as well:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwDRYapYbmziOdWLsGe3bBUQyOYg61p-I

Although this topic is for last year's Valentine's Day event, since it applies to this year's too.

*BUMP*

224020024_zpsd5f8eab4.jpg

It's quite literally the exact same thing, except with a goofier costume, and a chocolate Golem joins the fray.

The girls this year include version 2.0 spoilers, so tread carefully if you're not up to 2.1 yet.

Also, beware that this year also includes spoilers about the final boss. Yes... the Weddie's own...

Accessory Fusion Shop Owner...

RINE!!!

Rine's #1! She's gonna win! Gold Power!

Oh... by the way Rine.

DIE! DIE! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!!

Anyone who knows her, knows exactly why the development staff made her one of the choices this year. If you didn't, her extremely subtle (/sarcasm) mocking during her grand entrance cutscene should be enough. Gotta say though, I love the staff's sense of humor. She was a boss during April Fool's Day in order to allow us to get some sweeeeet, sweeeeet revenge. Now she's back to mock us some more.

*combines 15 Gaia orbs stocked up over weeks of prepping*

None gave HP 5

I hate you Rine!!!

*cries in a corner* 

:cry2:  :cry2:  :cry2:

According to Twitter there are at least several dozen people who are collecting a Rine statue to use as a punching bag this year. I may or may not be one of them, since I haven't decided on a third girl to vote for yet, but at this rate she's gonna end up in the top 3 of A VALENTINE'S CONTEST purely by the number of people who HATE her.

According to Twitter there are at least several dozen people who are collecting a Rine statue to use as a punching bag this year. I may or may not be one of them, since I haven't decided on a third girl to vote for yet, but at this rate she's gonna end up in the top 3 of A VALENTINE'S CONTEST purely by the number of people who HATE her.

Yup. Everyone knows why she is there assuming they know her. I'm considering the same thing despite knowing that it means a vote for her...  :laugh:

FYI, if you keep voting for a single girl, every time you vote for them after the 3rd will get you another statue.

I haven't checked if you can trade them, but if so, I have 2 extra Anrushia statues (plus more by the end of the event) that I'll trade for other girls if anyone is interested.

That chocolate golem is amazing. I wish we could get some of these holiday skins for pet monsters!

You might just get that yet, if the newest 2.4 (latter half) update info is anything to go by:

KmF63i3.jpg

Seems like they're gonna be adding the ability to change your pet monster's "skin", to not only that of their own monster type but other monsters as well. Think Teeny Sanguini with Jailcat colours, etc.

If they're going that far then it'd only make sense for them to add stuff like the Christmas or Valentine's event skins to the list, but we'll just have to wait and see for now.

Heh....tbh now...even if we ever get DQX over here...those who knows me know I want it bad in english..but even then....heh, dunno if I would play it now.  

Due to recent events, I now completely loathe the human race.  Yea....im just done with people.

Happy valentines day guys, have fun in the game. 

The statues I got this year:

226990110_zpsc6ef8963.jpg

Anlucea and Maiyu ready to take on anything. Hyuza from last year's White Day event still thinks he's cooler. (Ya right)

226990351_zps162ee763.jpg

Seraphy chilling at the other side of my house. She's shocked because she is facing the other statues. 

226990445_zps466ff7a8.jpg

We also got a strawberry, much like the chocolate on a stick from last year. No special effects while jumping, but since they still haven't fixed the animation glitch when landing you can skate along with no animation like with every item that equips in the "umbrella" category. Since the quest items were tradeable, it was pretty easy to clear this on all of my characters.

Oh and if you're wondering who won... I honestly don't see how it could be a surprise.

Rine.

She's infamous for a reason, and that is enough to make her get the most votes. If you're wondering who actually won based on popularity, Anlucea was 2nd. No surprise there either.