On 10/16/2018 at 7:11 PM, Xiggy said:

Those specific years are not invented tho but actually said, be it in mangas or in novelizations. ^^

The year 1348 is the actual year given in the official novelization of Dragon Quest 1. The rest (1546) is pure math and estimations used by the numbers given in the very same novelization. In the DQII novel, we even learn that Alef, DQ1 hero, died at the age 52 or something. It's quite a shame we never got any of those officially translated. 

Wow! That's great to know. I am not familiar at all with novels, I'm sad to say.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will only end in tears.

Also at the end of the original Dragon Quest the hero also speaks to the King before he departs with Princess Gwaelin.

I was hoping I could show my love for Dragon Quest with a timeline theory. Note: I have played 1-3 on an emulator (both SFC and GBC). I own 4-6 on DS. I only know the major plot points for 7-9 (haven'

On 1/30/2014 at 6:30 PM, mariosmentor said:

The main connection here is the presence of a certain monster named Baby Bjorn. DQ5 on the other hand, has a similar-looking monster named Bjorn the Behemoose. Looks like another obvious connection, don't you think?

Nah, it's just another silly pun... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babybjörn

I wasn't gonna read through all 5 pages so if someone already pointed it out after page 1, oh well.