I think DQ5's world and DW7's world might be the same... Plate tectonics and what have you.

That would mean Caravan heart takes 1000s of years after Dragon Warrior 2. Which would be strange since in Caravan Heart, Torland looked mostly similar to how it was in DW2 (IDK how long it takes place after Dragon Quest 2, but how Moonebrook is still unfixed but still not completely gone so I would say months or years, I am confused there). 

That could only make sense if that dresser he hid in took him to a different dimension thousands of years ago.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will only end in tears.

Also at the end of the original Dragon Quest the hero also speaks to the King before he departs with Princess Gwaelin.

I was hoping I could show my love for Dragon Quest with a timeline theory. Note: I have played 1-3 on an emulator (both SFC and GBC). I own 4-6 on DS. I only know the major plot points for 7-9 (haven'

I think DQ5's world and DW7's world might be the same... Plate tectonics and what have you.

YES, YES!  I see it now.  That's brilliant!  I don't understand how I missed it before.  All you have to do is divide the continents like so:

• Upvote 1

Playback on other websites has been disabled by video owner?

Just watched it on YouTube. So, you don't agree with me then?

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Playback on other websites has been disabled by video owner?

Just watched it on YouTube. So, you don't agree with me then?

I'm just having some fun with you.  There are similarities, but 8's world seems to be more like 7's in terms of overall topography and geography.

That said, to give your theory credence, given the central island...wow that's a lot of carving away of that mountain and shrinking of the island.  Perhaps there's an active volcano at some point that caused a massive landslide into the sea, triggering the creation of Rexwood where the former temple to Mildraath stood.  Afterall Rexwood has a mine nearby, and the temple was built on top of a mine.  

There's a lot to be accounted for with the formation of the other islands, and damn, how does one explain the change of the Mini Medal castle and domain to a totally new island in an entirely separate region of the world. 

Plus there's Gracos' undersea palance and the entire underwater chain of connection points and bridges to various holy sites devoted solely to Numen.  Most of them are ancient, and by ancient, I mean thousands of years old, predating the battle between Orgodemir, Numen, and Melvin.

Edited by ignasia7

When I was young, I always thought DQVI took place long after DQV, whith Zenith Castle being (literally) a long lost dream.
But apparently, it's the opposite.

Was it Mortamor who separated the Dream World and Real World ? I don't really remember...

There is also the distinct possibility that many events in DQVII Past (does someone have already made a DQVII Timeline, btw ?) happens simultaneously with games happening before. Especially if we consider mariosmentor's idea.
Obviously, there is absolutely no way to ever now, by definition.

When I was young, I always thought DQVI took place long after DQV, whith Zenith Castle being (literally) a long lost dream.

Was it Mortamor who separated the Dream World and Real World ? I don't really remember...

If you're inquiring as to what really happened?  No, it's opposite, Mortamor actually brought the Dream/Spirit World and drew it much closer to the Real World, so much closer that it actually had physical presence, even if the real-world denizens could not see it, but the Dream/Spirit World counterparts of those Real World denizens COULD effectively "fall" to the Real World. 

So basically he ripped it from its own reality and planted it firmly on top of the Real World, then placed Dhuran, his greatest general, in charge of taking out Zenithia and forcing it directly into the Real World forcing a physical form that they could mold to their liking and thus creating a castle that can attack.

Then he destroyed the Real World form of Sorceria so it could not be a threat, should they ever organize against him, or decide to teach other Mage-types the Magic Burst technique.  Then he ordered his general Gracos' to seal the Dream World version of Sorceria as a further backup, as they are one of the only two places fully aware of being in the Spirit/Dream World, and thus could still teach someone from the Real World who might find a way up to the Dream World, or a way to see the Dream/Spirit World, and thus interact and learn said Technique.  Perhaps he was afraid of someone from there allying with such a Hero, but whatever the case he could not destroy a spirit, so he had to resort to sealing spirits away.

In the Spirit/Dream World there is the majestic Medal King's Castle.  However there is no version of said Medal King in the Real World.  Perhaps there never was, but given he cannot destroy Dream/spirit Bodies, he can only seal them, he had his weakest and most ambitious general, Jamiras, seal the Medal King, so his special prizes could not be a threat.

Finally, Murdaw was sent down, perhaps his favourite general, but he was given the responsibility of governing and manipulating the Dream World, of terrorizing the world at large, and of sealing the Dream World version of Alltrade's Abbey.  In the Real World, Mortamor destroyed Alltrade's, this was the final solution, to block any would-be heroes from gaining some level of ascendancy and mastery of unique and powerful spells and battle techniques that could threaten him, or at least undo his many generals.

Dream world is not just dreams...it's the Spirit World, the Afterlife.  When alive your dream body attempts to live a more perfect life.  When dead it exists as a spirit, perhaps aware it is dead (Sorceria's residents certainly are...at least some of them), or unaware.  My guess is it plays on the concept of life recycles, and the reason for few disembodied spirits is the death rate is so high, most are just recycled back to the areas they came from, unless perhaps they are aware, and thus can refuse and exist solely in the spirit realm, or spirits are tied as much to the general area of the Dream World as much as they are to their place of birth in the Real World...or Sorceria is just unique in that their awareness of being dead and having no Sorceria in the Real World to go back to (new bodies to be reborn into), they now exist exclusively in the Dream World no longer part of the cycle of Death->Rebirth.  The only other place with this knowledge are the overseers, the Zenithians, and their castle, should one access the Legendary equipment, would be the access to any such Hero into that realm of dreams, if the world calls for a Hero that is, and if that Hero is smart enough to figure out the puzzle (good luck Conan the Barbarian!...can you imagine if Conan had actual puzzles to deal with rather than just statues to rip and toss or kick, or monsters to swing swords at, or guardsmen to slay?).

• Upvote 1

We should really start with what we know:

1-3 are related to each other (I think the order is 3, 1, 2, but I could be wrong).

4-6 have some kind of relation to each other

DQM comes before DQVI. (Young Terry to Old Terry)

DQM2 comes after DQM

Heroes from DQIV appear in DQVIII (in Morrie's pit)

DQM3 takes place before DQVII (Kiefer still is in the present in the DQVII world)

Various past heroes appear in DQIX

Can anyone correct me if I made any errors in my list.

1-3 are related to each other (I think the order is 3, 1, 2, but I could be wrong).

DQ3r's first bonus dungeon has Zenithia castle with a King Zenith from DQVI.

4-6 have some kind of relation to each other (this can be expanded greatly, but for celerity and to reduce headache, I'll skip repeating my breakdown)

DQM2 comes after DQM

Lamia from DQIII appears in DQVIII (Empyrea)

DQM3 takes place before DQVII (Kiefer still is in the present in the DQVII world)

Past Demon Lords (Dragonlord from DQ, Malroth from DQII, Zoma from DQIII, Psaro from DQIV, BigRedFatRussian from DQV, Mortamor from DQVI, Orgodemir from DQVII, and FluffyRedDonutMunchin'LaryngiticFatass from DQVIII) , their most powerful goons (Baramos from DQIII, Murdaw from DQVI, Dhoulmagus from DQVIII) , and uber-demon lords (Esturk from DQV, Nokturnus from DQVI) appear in special Grottoes in DQIX.

Can anyone correct me if I made any errors in my list.  Not really errors, but you skipped a few things.

There ya go.

4-6 have some kind of relation to each other (this can be expanded greatly, but for celerity and to reduce headache, I'll skip repeating my breakdown)

DQM2 comes after DQM

Past Demon Lords (Dragonlord from DQ, Malroth from DQII, Zoma from DQIII, Psaro from DQIV, BigRedFatRussian from DQV, Mortamor from DQVI, Orgodemir from DQVII, and FluffyRedDonutMunchin'LaryngiticFatass from DQVIII) , their most powerful goons (Baramos from DQIII, Murdaw from DQVI, Dhoulmagus from DQVIII) , and uber-demon lords (Esturk from DQV, Nokturnus from DQVI) appear in special Grottoes in DQIX.

Can anyone correct me if I made any errors in my list.  Not really errors, but you skipped a few things.

There ya go.

I think I have a theory for the Past Demon Lords and whatnot. Corvus somehow brought them back to life like he did with that pesky little trio. Alternatively, the past heroes have been brought back by the opposite side, (a.k.a. the good guys) as a plan to have the old heroes fight Corvus.

Empyrea also notes travelling between worlds is a thing. So, we can break down that we have AT LEAST the two worlds that exist in DQVIII, if not more.

I don't entirely feel like going too in-depth about it right now, but I promise I will take my thoughts further another day.

If you're inquiring as to what really happened?  No, it's opposite, Mortamor actually brought the Dream/Spirit World and drew it much closer to the Real World, so much closer that it actually had physical presence, even if the real-world denizens could not see it, but the Dream/Spirit World counterparts of those Real World denizens COULD effectively "fall" to the Real World. 

So basically he ripped it from its own reality and planted it firmly on top of the Real World, then placed Dhuran, his greatest general, in charge of taking out Zenithia and forcing it directly into the Real World forcing a physical form that they could mold to their liking and thus creating a castle that can attack.

Then he destroyed the Real World form of Sorceria so it could not be a threat, should they ever organize against him, or decide to teach other Mage-types the Magic Burst technique.  Then he ordered his general Gracos' to seal the Dream World version of Sorceria as a further backup, as they are one of the only two places fully aware of being in the Spirit/Dream World, and thus could still teach someone from the Real World who might find a way up to the Dream World, or a way to see the Dream/Spirit World, and thus interact and learn said Technique.  Perhaps he was afraid of someone from there allying with such a Hero, but whatever the case he could not destroy a spirit, so he had to resort to sealing spirits away.

In the Spirit/Dream World there is the majestic Medal King's Castle.  However there is no version of said Medal King in the Real World.  Perhaps there never was, but given he cannot destroy Dream/spirit Bodies, he can only seal them, he had his weakest and most ambitious general, Jamiras, seal the Medal King, so his special prizes could not be a threat.

Finally, Murdaw was sent down, perhaps his favourite general, but he was given the responsibility of governing and manipulating the Dream World, of terrorizing the world at large, and of sealing the Dream World version of Alltrade's Abbey.  In the Real World, Mortamor destroyed Alltrade's, this was the final solution, to block any would-be heroes from gaining some level of ascendancy and mastery of unique and powerful spells and battle techniques that could threaten him, or at least undo his many generals.

Dream world is not just dreams...it's the Spirit World, the Afterlife.  When alive your dream body attempts to live a more perfect life.  When dead it exists as a spirit, perhaps aware it is dead (Sorceria's residents certainly are...at least some of them), or unaware.  My guess is it plays on the concept of life recycles, and the reason for few disembodied spirits is the death rate is so high, most are just recycled back to the areas they came from, unless perhaps they are aware, and thus can refuse and exist solely in the spirit realm, or spirits are tied as much to the general area of the Dream World as much as they are to their place of birth in the Real World...or Sorceria is just unique in that their awareness of being dead and having no Sorceria in the Real World to go back to (new bodies to be reborn into), they now exist exclusively in the Dream World no longer part of the cycle of Death->Rebirth.  The only other place with this knowledge are the overseers, the Zenithians, and their castle, should one access the Legendary equipment, would be the access to any such Hero into that realm of dreams, if the world calls for a Hero that is, and if that Hero is smart enough to figure out the puzzle (good luck Conan the Barbarian!...can you imagine if Conan had actual puzzles to deal with rather than just statues to rip and toss or kick, or monsters to swing swords at, or guardsmen to slay?).

Oh. Thank you for the detailed information !

DQM2 comes after DQM

There ya go.

Just wondering, if the legacy bosses include there most powerful goons, why aren't Atlas, Bazuzu, Zarlox, Hargon, King Hydra, Barabomus, Baragonus, Pruslas, Gema, Ivol, Jamirus, Glacos, Dhuran and Akubar legacy bosses? Is it that it is just to many bosses to code in or is it that they are more forgotten?

DQM2 comes after DQM

There ya go.

Just wondering, if the legacy bosses include there most powerful goons, why aren't Atlas, Bazuzu, Zarlox, Hargon, King Hydra, Barabomus, Baragonus, Pruslas, Gema, Ivol, Jamirus, Glacos, Dhuran and Akubar legacy bosses? Is it that it is just to many bosses to code in or is it that they are more forgotten?

Reality: Cartridge space most likely.  The 512mb flash cartridges were almost twice the cost, so SE would make less profit per sale.  It's one of the main reasons there's only 1 save slot in DQIX.  The game literally takes up the entire 256mb (there's like 1-2 extra mb, but I'm assuming that wasn't enough for anything or it was left for the growth of the EEPROM save file?).

Story related possible reasons to choose only Baramos and Murdaw...I'll have to find a way to explain Dhoulmagus, since he doesn't even classify on the same level as the other two, and there are certainly other demon lords in 6 that are far more powerful than Dhoulmagus could ever hope to be.

1) Atlas, Bazuzu, Zarlox:  these guys are mainly overpowered guards.  Sure they pack a whallop, and sure they count as bosses, but they aren't generals, or field commanders terrorizing the countryside, they're just present to guard Hargon until Malroth could be summoned.  So by comparison to even Baramos, they're like milk toast.

2) Hargon:  Maybe because he was just a dark wizard with ambitions and technically the world of Torland isn't exactly being "terrorized" except for Moonbrook.  So Hargon is only starting on his campaign, and was only able to summon enough power and monsters to take out castle with seers that might forewarn the world of Malroth's coming or presence.  So I guess from a story perspective, he's not a real power, more like Spiegle in DQVI...just with the ambition of world domination instead of ruling a single princess' soul.

3) King Hydra, Barabomus, Baragonus: Probably the same reasons as Atlas, Bazuzu, and Zarlox.  Baramos was clearly a spawn of Zoma's, and clearly a trusted general sent to conquer the world where Aliahan exists...we'll call this particular world Earth, since I don't recall any formal name, and the land formations are...well, exactly those of the continents of our planet.  So regardless of actual battle prowess, storywise, Baramos is the disciple and next in line to Zoma, while these other three are merely his bodyguards?

4) Gigademon (Prusias): Probably the same reason as before, he's merely a guard.  Sure, he's powerful, but he isn't a trusted commander sent to terrorize the world in his own name.  He merely guards one of the barriers surrounding the mountain, and it seems like that structure and relationship is rather permanent.

5) Though not mentioned above: Keeleon, Ballsack, and Radimvice (Aamon): Keeleon was only localized, a small-time mob boss compared to the three picked.  Similarly with Ballsack, though Ballsack had ambitions for greater glory and power, he never did much more than take over Santeem and seal away the Magma Staff for Psaro, for fear the Chosen One would get his/her hands on the final key and thus gain access to several powerful artifacts.  Radimvice though, if we're looking at just the original game, is the most clever manipulator of the gate guards.  It's only in the remakes, renamed in the US to Aamon, that he has any real significance, and is shown to be the ultimate instigator for Psaro's fall from protector to destroyer, both to test out the latest version of the secret of evolution so he could benefit...yet he hadn't really taken over the world or anything.  DQ4's world is much like DQ2's, it's on the verge of a takeover.  Very different from 1, 3, 6, and 7.  Also different from 5 and 8 where the enemy has almost succeeded in taking over, and from 9 where it's not about taking over the world, but about corrupting to show how evil mortals can become, to satisfy a false belief that the most innocent could betray and thus all of humanity should be shown for the scum it is, so it could eventually be justifiably destroyed.  So even Aamon wouldn't quite count, since he needed Evolution to become more powerful than Psaro himself...afterall Radimvice is not that difficult a battle, and as Aamon in the DS, could not overtly control Psaro (meaning he's nowhere near strong enough), so he's just ambitious, but not truly powerful and a threat in and of himself.

6) Gema: that's a good question, but probably because Gema himself was not that large a threat.  It isn't as though he was able to, on his own, conquer the world or control it.  Baramos was, the last, and only bastion of hope left was in Ortega.  Due to Baramos' presence, Samanao was taken over by a Boss Troll posing as the King, and Jipang's Orochi was allowed to pose as Himiko, choosing her own choice young female human meatballs.  The rest of the world was covered in really powerful monsters.  Clearly there wasn't much trade, nor a desire to send ships (King of Portoga couldn't get his precious Pepper afterall, when he had ships to sail and collect it himself...).  This puts, in lore anyway, Baramos as by far the most significant threat, while Gema, for all his power and wrongdoing, is substantially lower on the totem, not worthy of being spawned as a bonus boss, so the universe lets his essence remain as a cloud of dust, unable to reform as punishment for his impudence and inability to successfully carry out his evil mission.

7) Ivol: I'd say the same reason as Gema, only it makes things far clearer...for being Gema's boss, Gema was just a thug.  This guy had actual power, and yet failed to truly carry things out.  Oh sure he captured a bunch of slave children, built a temple to worship Mildraath to give him power, in the hopes that by granting him power he would be able to breach the barrier and takeover the world of DQV, but let's face it, the guy was never able to terrorize any country.  The only place that saw any real terror was Gotha, in the hopes of destroying the lineage before a new Hero could be born, and to wipe out the only bloodline that was a known threat (Martha's), as Ivor couldn't even discern, for all his power, who the bloodline was for the other half of the legendary hero, the bloodline of the original legendary hero from time immemorial (DQ4's hero).  So he's kind of a pansy all things considered, and not worth battling.  I'd say a Legacy battle with Ivol would be the equivalent of Equinox.

8) Jamirus, Gracos, Dhuran: Murdaw was trusted to run the whole campaign, as in Dhuran, Jamirus, and Gracos where all picked to fall under him.  Sure stat-wise Murdaw is not that powerful compared to Gracos and Dhuran (he'd take out Jamirus pretty easily though).  However storywise, Murdaw demonstrates himself as Mortamor's top general, and most trusted demon-lord underling.  He along demonstrates the ability to fully manipulate the dream world.  Jamirus makes a sad attempt to become like Murdaw, but has to convince people to come to his island, where they're sacrificed to empower Jamirus.  For however sick and tragic this is, it shows Jamirus himself is well aware he is nowhere NEAR as powerful as Murdaw.  He has no real strength except to keep sealed the weakest of the 4 sealed areas of the world: Medal King.  Gracos is another matter, but Gracos is never shown as a threat to anywhere but the underwater world, and even then, to King Poseidon's control of the waters.  Sure he's entrusted with sealing Sorceria, but as a wordly threat he's demonstrated himself as greater than Jamirus by a long shot, but nowhere near as powerful as Murdaw.  Dhuran is another matter altogether.  Dhuran, like Gracos, is quite content with his little rulership.  Only unlike Gracos, he's content with far less.  Clearly Dhuran is well above Gracos and Jamirus in power, however he is not a threat to the world, and seeks no rulership or subjugation.  He merely wants the castle as an in-road to fight any would-be heroes strong enough to collect the legendary gear, and smart enough to figure out their relationship with Zenith, and seek it, only to be battled by an evil castle...if found worthy, they would be Dhuran's new plaything.  So however Dhuran stacks up, he isn't a real threat to the world at large.  It's also clear that he was aok with Murdaw calling the shots, since under Murdaw's rule no one could ever find the Legendary Gear in the first place, so Dhuran couldn't get his wish to cure his thirst for battle, and this indicates that story-wise, Murdaw is clearly the more powerful of the two.  As well, Dhuran is only capable of altering the physical world, and like Jamirus and Gracos before him, never once demonstrates any ability to alter or shape the dreamworld to his will.  However, he is able to force Zenith, rather than sealing it, into the Real world...so he is pretty powerful.

9) Akbar: He's cruel, he runs a mean shift at a prison, but notice that this is a prison with only the weaker of the two brothers.  Cabot and Belleau, who run the Prison of Sorrow, clearly are the most powerful of Morty's Minions in the Dreadrealm.  Yet about all they've demonstrated is their ability to torture and act as guardsmen.  So I'm going to say, they're not trusted with running the campaign to subjugate the world below and bring souls to the master, and probably classify no higher than Jamirus does in the story.  Afterall, we hear about Murdaw this, Murdaw that...never an Akbar this or Akbar that.  Heck, we don't even know anything about him until the last moment when we're able to open the door to his chamber and face Akbar himself.  If he was considered so powerful, why not keep both brothers in the same prison?  Why not have Akbar go around and torture other poor souls in the Dreadrealm, just to milk that extra sweet juicy nectar of pain that Morty so desperately desires to increase his power?

Why Dhoulmagus?  Clearly he doesn't classify on the same level as either Murdaw or Baramos in the cannon, but then in his own story, he is well known the world over, having been the largest contributor to key deaths of particular sage heirs, and in the act of cursing the people of Trodain.  So perhaps because like Baramos and Murdaw, all we ever hear about is Dhoulmagus this, and Dhoulmagus that for about 1/2 the story.  Not to mention, unlike the other staff wielders, Dhoulmagus both accepts the power of Rhapthorne into himself in full, AND has control and free will (likely because his personality mimicked Rhapthorne's own, and he was just as sadistic and cruel).  Clearly he is the only wielder to use his own voice until Marcello, but then Marcello was blocking Rhapthorne, merely sucking some of his energy without any possession of any kind (I wonder what that says about Jessica's mental strength...not much, but then she's been a bit of a wreck since her brother died, so probably too vulnerable to handle the takeover).

I mean given Rhapthorne is billed as this big bad monster (he isn't), who is one of the strongest villains of all DQ-dom in terms of cannon (and the really high stats he gets in DQ9...though it's funny, his story says anything but, since it's filled with lies and machinations of his "perceived" power and not his actual...his only claim to fame the destruction of the dragons...Horii must have been on something while writing in the bits about the struggle of the Dragonkin with what amounted, in the combined lore, of a blunderbuss braggart of a demon lord).  So in that respect, perhaps that played a key part in his choosing.  Or perhaps it had to do with the popularity of DQ8?  Even though technically Dhoulmagus is arguably weaker than even Gemon is storywise.

Though no mention of any of the DQ7 subbosses, I would classify them similarly to most of the above.  None of them were trusted with world-wide domination, only localized terrorism.

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Do you think that DQ1-3 might have token place between DQ6 and 4? Or would that have discontinuities? I always thought that egg the dragon layed was Zenith Dragon and hundreds of years later he became to ruler of Zenith, then a few more centuries later DQ4 happened

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

I have a theory of why Bazuzu became a common enemy

Dragon Warrior 2 took long before dragon warrior 5 obviously. So when Hargon came to power, to defend himself he specially breeded his most powerful Giants, Gold and Silver Batboons, and Archdemons to become an ultimate form of there species, he made Atlas, Bazuzu, and Zarlox. Somehow another Bazuzu came to be and soon natural selection and evolution made them a new species all together and they were taken by Miudrass to the dark world where they can ravage and ruin to there hearts content. that does not explain why Zarlox and Atlases are rarer though

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Dragon Quest IX wraps up the continuity somewhat with the existence of The Rapportal, which explains the existence of travel between dimensions in copies (or alternate versions) of the same world.  Seemingly, something similar would need to be used to transport characters from other Dragon Quest games, into Stornway (for example), or into a bonus dungeon in Dragon Quest VI, or Morrie's Pit in DQVIII.

That being said, when speaking of parallel worlds, it becomes difficult to decipher a set timeline, other than between the games within known trilogies.

Edited by Liamland

Dragon Quest IX wraps up the continuity somewhat with the existence of The Rapportal, which explains the existence of travel between dimensions in copies (or alternate versions) of the same world. Seemingly, something similar would need to be used to transport characters from other Dragon Quest games, into Stornway (for example), or into a bonus dungeon in Dragon Quest VI, or Morrie's Pit in DQVIII.

That being said, when speaking of parallel worlds, it becomes difficult to decipher a set timeline, other than between the games within known trilogies.

The zenithian trilogy happened in Upperworld. DQ6 could have happened before or after DQ3, but looong after/before. DQ8 & 7's universe is probably paraell. The way monsters are pets in DQM means it would happen in a diferent dimension Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

I am not one to try to fit these games in a single timeline, and would not put CH exactly at the time when Kiefer was 10, since he traveled dimensions those can include time, since Foz was also brought there. So that game in no way determines where DQ VII "should" be.

However, expecting this to be done as a hobby and not as something serious, I do not have a lot to say, except this:

Baramos Bros., if we take it simply at face value, is Baramos's brother. Baramos Zombie is Baramos brought back to life. Not as clear in the 8-bit pictures (where he was just a palette swap of the bone dragons), but very evident in the later Monster Battle Road games.

I put CH exactly at the time when Kiefer was 10, but from Keifer's point of view - or "Estard Time". So CH happens before DQVII, but the actual events may have been even earlier, or later, or even at the same time, but on a different world. DQVII itself moves around in time a lot, so we have to take that game from Arus' (the hero's) point of view (Also "Estard Time") in order to put it in a timeline at all. I don't see why it would be any different for CH and Keifer's POV.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

so according to dragon quest heroes each of returning heroes from past dragon quest series has been from other worlds and sap in the dragon ques heroes universe!

Edited by tigerouskid24

Here is the list of universes

Nadiria: Estark's original kingdom and the capital of Nimzo

Mortamor's Dreadrealm: Some crudely made shelter for Mortamor

Nokturnus's Realm: Nokturnus's twisted layer

Zenithia: A massive castle with many alternate dungeons (Seen in DQIII) 

Upperworld: World of DQIII, IV, V, and Real World of DQVI

Dream World: Distorted Upperworld

Torland: Realm with Alefgard, and the world seen in Caravan Heart 

DQVII World: Self explanatory

DQVIII World: Self explanatory

Dragon Warrior Monsters World: Alternate universe to the Upperworld

Joker World: World of the Joker series

DQIX World: The Protectorate and all of the stars in the skies

Realm of the Almighty: Realm where Zenus created the DQIX world

Fairy World: Fairy World in DQV

Land of Light: Heaven in the Joker World

World of Darkness: Twisted realm made by the creators of Libranex

• 2 years later...

Kind of a necropost, but boy do I love timeline theories! 

0.       The universe is created.  We don’t have any clue of the actual creation, which means it could be a regular Big-Bang or something more “god-made”. Either way, this resulted in a fully livable universe, with suns, stars, and planets. The concepts of space, time, light and darkness must have been created at the very beginning of the universe too.

1.       At some point, god-like beings like Azurozoma and Genosidoh must have lose their powers somehow and revert to their known iterations: Zoma and Sidoh/Malroth. Nadiria’s creation, the Dread Realm, the Dream Realm, Wonderland and all other pocket-universe like the Fairy World from DQV must have been created eons ago too.

2.       Rubiss (a fire spirit) and Dialto (a human-earth spirit hybrid) fell in love with each other, in the Spirit Realm. Rubiss nicknamed Dialto "Loto/Roto/Erdrick" (loved one). A war emerged on the Spirit Realm, forcing the two lovers to escape, riding a Ramia, which Dialto could talk to. They fled on the world below with Rubiss’ baby golden dragon. (Seirei Rubiss Densetsu volume 1-7)

3.        Dialto became a hero on this land, due to his spirit lineage, being naturally stronger than any other man. However, due to his human lineage, he couldn’t live eternally, and soon Rubiss had to mourn him. His death was celebrated, and in his honor, the world was soon renamed “Lotozeratia/Erdrea”. Rubiss then took over Dialto as an earth-spirit and overseer of this world. She grew the World Tree and somehow linked it to her dragon, which would become this world’s new protector.  

4.       12,000 years before DQIII era, the Mu Empire was a strong and powerful force to be reckoned. Tao Ra Mu, the continent and Empire leader was a good but naive man. His brother took advantage of this and made a pact with a daemon lord. This resulted in the island utter destruction. Some inhabitants made it out alive and founded the country of Zipang. Tao was saved by Rubiss, and tasked with a holy mission: he would one day help a hero to defeat the daemon that had destroyed the island when it would return. She turned him into stone, for him to be able to wait that long. (Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto Volume )

Spoiler

Erdwin, a descendant and reincarnation of Dialto traveled the world with his companions, in a quest to defeat the demon lord that was terrorizing the world. However, he was ultimately betrayed by one of his fellow companions and died. Overwhelmed with grief, Serenica, who loved him, became a timekeeper, to ensure that one day, Erdwin would be reincarnated. (DQXI past)

Spoiler

Eleven, a young man, find himself to be Erdwin’s reincarnation. He then travels around the world with companions, with the goal to end what his ancestor started a long time ago. However, upon defeating his enemy, one of his dear companions found death in the heat of battle. Resolved in finding a way to bring her back to life, Eleven used his blessed sword to break the time sphere, and went back in time, creating a new timeline (T2). There, Eleven managed –thanks to his knowledge of the future- to prevent some events. In the end, Eleven defeated the evil that had scourged the planet for too long. Yggdragon, a descendant of Rubiss’ dragon fused with the essence of the World Tree, Yggdrasil, thanked Eleven and dubbed him with the title of Loto/Roto/Erdrick. (DQXI present)

7.       At some point in time, eons later, Rubiss created Alefgard, a sub-world of Erdrea. On this new land, she was revered as a goddess. But soon, arch-daemon Zoma took over and turned her into stone. Zoma then sent his most trusted general, Baramos, to conquer the upper world. Tao was also awoken from his stone slumber when Rubiss was turned, at her turn, into stone. (Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto Volume )

8.       After his father of a hero Ortega, was reported to be presumed dead, Arel was tasked, on his 16th birthday, to complete his father’s work on saving the world from the demon Baramos. Arel traveled with three companions, and eventually defeated the demons, but learned soon after that he was merely a tool of arch-daemon Zoma. Arel then traveled to the underworld Alefgard, and defeated Zoma, using the sphere of light. Rubiss was freed, and dubbed Arel with the title of Roto/Erdrick, recognizing him as a descendant/reincarnation of her beloved Dialto. On his quest, Arel also met with the Dragon Queen, the current descendant of Yggdragon. She layed an egg, which would later hatch the new sacred protector of the upper world. (DQIII)

9.       Unbeknownst to Arel, Zoma didn’t die. He went to a solitary island to awaken his true powers, to become the god Aruzazoma again but was stopped and properly killed by two monster tamers, Cobi and Tara (DQM2). Arel returned to the upper world and had three children, Loran, Carmen, and a secret daughter. He eventually died, and his sons founded two kingdoms in the upper world, namely the kingdom of Loran, where Baramos’ castle was and the kingdom of Carmen. His daughter took the castle Zoma lived in and made it her own. The Dragon Queen’s son was retrieved by Gorgona, a general of evil, who had plans on bringing the daemon that had destroyed the Mu Empire eons ago back. (Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto Volume 1)

10.    Hundred years later, Arus, Allan and Aster, all three descendants of Arel, united after a few years, to defeat the Lord of Terror that had destroyed Mu Empire. Of the Lord of Terror’s army, only the Dragonlord made it alive. (Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto Volume 21)

11.   The Dragonlord, in the year 1348 of Alefgard calendar, stole the sphere of light. He used its immense power to wipe out two third of the underworld population and would have to wait 200 years before being able to use it again. (Dragon Quest I novelization)

12.   In 1546, Alef, the only descendant of Arel alive, started his journey to defeat Dragonlord. He traveled alone, all across the island Alefgard. Alef eventually rescued Princess Laura, who had been captured by Dragonlord, after a young Terry was unable to carry her out of her cell. He eventually arrived in front of his enemy. And after a rough fight, killed him (or joined him, leading to Dragon Quest Builders) and returned the light to the underworld. With the power of light retrieved, Rubiss could resume the making of the underworld and created Torland for Alef to explore with his bride, Princess Laura. The two of them had three children, all of them making kingdoms of their own. (Dragon Quest I/Kenshin), (Dragon Quest Monster 1: Terry’s Wonderland)

13.   100 years later, Hargon, the evil priest and Malroth worshiper, brought destruction to the Moonbrook Castle. Allen and Conan, the Prince of Midenhall and Cannock respectively, two descendants of Alef (and by extension of Arel, Eleven, Erdwin and Dialto) traveled Torland to rescue their cousin, the new queen of castle Moonbrook, and eventually destroyed Malroth. (Dragon Quest II)

14.   Some years later, Allen wished to explore the upper world, to see his ancestors’ home. Using a balloon he made it through the Gaia’s Hole, and arrived in the upper world, bringing with him Roto’s Sword. Unfortunately, he arrived when a cataclysmic battle between powerful beings (Numen and Orgodemir) was happening. He crashed on a land unknown to him and saw the Gaia’s Hole permanently plugged. He then settled where he could. He lived a long life, and his descendant would keep his swordsmanship’s skills alive. One of his descendants eventually founded a kingdom on a small island. His latest descendant in this era would be Kiefer. (Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden Manga Volume 11)

15.   In a distant future, a young Kiefer was transported to Torland, centuries after the event of DQII. The bloodline of Roto had disappeared, in this land, and spirits of earth, fire, wind and water were tasked by Rubiss to oversee the wellbeing of this land. Magargi, the Mistress of Illusion and Rubiss’ friend, got possessed by Gisverg, a daemon. Kiefer eventually used the remaining power of Roto’s equipment, now turned into 4 orbs, to free the mystical lady, before being sent back to his world and era. (Dragon Quest Monsters 3: Caravan Heart)

16.   Kiefer and Auster decided to explore Estard Island, to uncover its secrets. In time, they would discover the truth about the missing part of the world, and would, with some other companions, return the world to its original self. Kiefer left the party at some point and went on living with the Peregrims. In the present, his descendant, Aishe, joined the party to defeat Orgodemir once and for all, putting Numen, the current god of the upper world (Erdrea), back in place. Aishe being the latest descendant by deduction, of Dialto. (Dragon Quest VII)

16 hours ago, Xiggy said:

Kind of a necropost, but boy do I love timeline theories! 

0.       The universe is created.  We don’t have any clue of the actual creation, which means it could be a regular Big-Bang or something more “god-made”. Either way, this resulted in a fully livable universe, with suns, stars, and planets. The concepts of space, time, light and darkness must have been created at the very beginning of the universe too.

1.       At some point, god-like beings like Azurozoma and Genosidoh must have lose their powers somehow and revert to their known iterations: Zoma and Sidoh/Malroth. Nadiria’s creation, the Dread Realm, the Dream Realm, Wonderland and all other pocket-universe like the Fairy World from DQV must have been created eons ago too.

2.       Rubiss (a fire spirit) and Dialto (a human-earth spirit hybrid) fell in love with each other, in the Spirit Realm. Rubiss nicknamed Dialto "Loto/Roto/Erdrick" (loved one). A war emerged on the Spirit Realm, forcing the two lovers to escape, riding a Ramia, which Dialto could talk to. They fled on the world below with Rubiss’ baby golden dragon. (Seirei Rubiss Densetsu volume 1-7)

3.        Dialto became a hero on this land, due to his spirit lineage, being naturally stronger than any other man. However, due to his human lineage, he couldn’t live eternally, and soon Rubiss had to mourn him. His death was celebrated, and in his honor, the world was soon renamed “Lotozeratia/Erdrea”. Rubiss then took over Dialto as an earth-spirit and overseer of this world. She grew the World Tree and somehow linked it to her dragon, which would become this world’s new protector.  

4.       12,000 years before DQIII era, the Mu Empire was a strong and powerful force to be reckoned. Tao Ra Mu, the continent and Empire leader was a good but naive man. His brother took advantage of this and made a pact with a daemon lord. This resulted in the island utter destruction. Some inhabitants made it out alive and founded the country of Zipang. Tao was saved by Rubiss, and tasked with a holy mission: he would one day help a hero to defeat the daemon that had destroyed the island when it would return. She turned him into stone, for him to be able to wait that long. (Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto Volume )

Reveal hidden contents

Erdwin, a descendant and reincarnation of Dialto traveled the world with his companions, in a quest to defeat the demon lord that was terrorizing the world. However, he was ultimately betrayed by one of his fellow companions and died. Overwhelmed with grief, Serenica, who loved him, became a timekeeper, to ensure that one day, Erdwin would be reincarnated. (DQXI past)

Reveal hidden contents

Eleven, a young man, find himself to be Erdwin’s reincarnation. He then travels around the world with companions, with the goal to end what his ancestor started a long time ago. However, upon defeating his enemy, one of his dear companions found death in the heat of battle. Resolved in finding a way to bring her back to life, Eleven used his blessed sword to break the time sphere, and went back in time, creating a new timeline (T2). There, Eleven managed –thanks to his knowledge of the future- to prevent some events. In the end, Eleven defeated the evil that had scourged the planet for too long. Yggdragon, a descendant of Rubiss’ dragon fused with the essence of the World Tree, Yggdrasil, thanked Eleven and dubbed him with the title of Loto/Roto/Erdrick. (DQXI present)

7.       At some point in time, eons later, Rubiss created Alefgard, a sub-world of Erdrea. On this new land, she was revered as a goddess. But soon, arch-daemon Zoma took over and turned her into stone. Zoma then sent his most trusted general, Baramos, to conquer the upper world. Tao was also awoken from his stone slumber when Rubiss was turned, at her turn, into stone. (Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto Volume )

8.       After his father of a hero Ortega, was reported to be presumed dead, Arel was tasked, on his 16th birthday, to complete his father’s work on saving the world from the demon Baramos. Arel traveled with three companions, and eventually defeated the demons, but learned soon after that he was merely a tool of arch-daemon Zoma. Arel then traveled to the underworld Alefgard, and defeated Zoma, using the sphere of light. Rubiss was freed, and dubbed Arel with the title of Roto/Erdrick, recognizing him as a descendant/reincarnation of her beloved Dialto. On his quest, Arel also met with the Dragon Queen, the current descendant of Yggdragon. She layed an egg, which would later hatch the new sacred protector of the upper world. (DQIII)

9.       Unbeknownst to Arel, Zoma didn’t die. He went to a solitary island to awaken his true powers, to become the god Aruzazoma again but was stopped and properly killed by two monster tamers, Cobi and Tara (DQM2). Arel returned to the upper world and had three children, Loran, Carmen, and a secret daughter. He eventually died, and his sons founded two kingdoms in the upper world, namely the kingdom of Loran, where Baramos’ castle was and the kingdom of Carmen. His daughter took the castle Zoma lived in and made it her own. The Dragon Queen’s son was retrieved by Gorgona, a general of evil, who had plans on bringing the daemon that had destroyed the Mu Empire eons ago back. (Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto Volume 1)

10.    Hundred years later, Arus, Allan and Aster, all three descendants of Arel, united after a few years, to defeat the Lord of Terror that had destroyed Mu Empire. Of the Lord of Terror’s army, only the Dragonlord made it alive. (Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto Volume 21)

11.   The Dragonlord, in the year 1348 of Alefgard calendar, stole the sphere of light. He used its immense power to wipe out two third of the underworld population and would have to wait 200 years before being able to use it again. (Dragon Quest I novelization)

12.   In 1546, Alef, the only descendant of Arel alive, started his journey to defeat Dragonlord. He traveled alone, all across the island Alefgard. Alef eventually rescued Princess Laura, who had been captured by Dragonlord, after a young Terry was unable to carry her out of her cell. He eventually arrived in front of his enemy. And after a rough fight, killed him (or joined him, leading to Dragon Quest Builders) and returned the light to the underworld. With the power of light retrieved, Rubiss could resume the making of the underworld and created Torland for Alef to explore with his bride, Princess Laura. The two of them had three children, all of them making kingdoms of their own. (Dragon Quest I/Kenshin), (Dragon Quest Monster 1: Terry’s Wonderland)

13.   100 years later, Hargon, the evil priest and Malroth worshiper, brought destruction to the Moonbrook Castle. Allen and Conan, the Prince of Midenhall and Cannock respectively, two descendants of Alef (and by extension of Arel, Eleven, Erdwin and Dialto) traveled Torland to rescue their cousin, the new queen of castle Moonbrook, and eventually destroyed Malroth. (Dragon Quest II)

14.   Some years later, Allen wished to explore the upper world, to see his ancestors’ home. Using a balloon he made it through the Gaia’s Hole, and arrived in the upper world, bringing with him Roto’s Sword. Unfortunately, he arrived when a cataclysmic battle between powerful beings (Numen and Orgodemir) was happening. He crashed on a land unknown to him and saw the Gaia’s Hole permanently plugged. He then settled where he could. He lived a long life, and his descendant would keep his swordsmanship’s skills alive. One of his descendants eventually founded a kingdom on a small island. His latest descendant in this era would be Kiefer. (Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden Manga Volume 11)

15.   In a distant future, a young Kiefer was transported to Torland, centuries after the event of DQII. The bloodline of Roto had disappeared, in this land, and spirits of earth, fire, wind and water were tasked by Rubiss to oversee the wellbeing of this land. Magargi, the Mistress of Illusion and Rubiss’ friend, got possessed by Gisverg, a daemon. Kiefer eventually used the remaining power of Roto’s equipment, now turned into 4 orbs, to free the mystical lady, before being sent back to his world and era. (Dragon Quest Monsters 3: Caravan Heart)

16.   Kiefer and Auster decided to explore Estard Island, to uncover its secrets. In time, they would discover the truth about the missing part of the world, and would, with some other companions, return the world to its original self. Kiefer left the party at some point and went on living with the Peregrims. In the present, his descendant, Aishe, joined the party to defeat Orgodemir once and for all, putting Numen, the current god of the upper world (Erdrea), back in place. Aishe being the latest descendant by deduction, of Dialto. (Dragon Quest VII)

Some people care about "reviving old posts". I don't. I think that, if the topic can continue, it is better than creating a new thread for the same thing.

By the way, when adding specific years, doesn't this stop being a theory and become fan fiction? ;)

I say because you may rather like the Literature forums here.

8 hours ago, Cesar Hernandez-Meraz said:

By the way, when adding specific years, doesn't this stop being a theory and become fan fiction? ;)

I say because you may rather like the Literature forums here.

Those specific years are not invented tho but actually said, be it in mangas or in novelizations. ^^

The year 1348 is the actual year given in the official novelization of Dragon Quest 1. The rest (1546) is pure math and estimations used by the numbers given in the very same novelization. In the DQII novel, we even learn that Alef, DQ1 hero, died at the age 52 or something. It's quite a shame we never got any of those officially translated. 

• Like 1