Sign in to follow this  
redneckpride4ever

Isn't the ESRB only for the US?...

Hm.

Hm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. 

If I remember correctly that trademark's for a bad copy game of something on iOS devices. It's been around for years.

Please elaborate. I see an ESRB rating. 

Afraid I can't, as I can't remember the details too much. But it was on the iOS store, so it was able to have an ERSB rating.

Company is listed as Handster, they are another mass-productions mobile market company. Looking at other SE titles they are either published on mobile by SE themselves or Namco Bandai.

This thread makes no sense.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Running VanillaRootBox

Yeah Saigan that's what I saw a while back, thanks for confirming it. I think the game was taken off of the store a while back though. It's at least a couple of years old, that rating.

Company is listed as Handster, they are another mass-productions mobile market company. Looking at other SE titles they are either published on mobile by SE themselves or Namco Bandai.

I didn't see the company, just the rating. I fooled around a bit until I found what you were saying.

I wonder if the games were taken down due to legality/trademark issues.

• Upvote 1

This makes no sense, of COURSE this is Dragon Quest I & II, you know the ones made by Enix a long time ago in the 80's.

I searched the ESRB rating board about two weeks ago for anything new from Dragon Quest titles and this rating was not there.

This is new. NeoGAF and a few sites have already picked it up and all agree this is new.

Handster is a company that publishes mobile titles, I don't see any problem with Square-Enix handling the publishing rights to Handster for this, (like how IX, VI, and Joker 2 were given to Nintendo)

Well, Europe uses PEGI and Asia uses something else, so yes. Problem is, isn't DQ1 supposed to be a standalone game for android?

Um, you do realize that I & II is usually packaged together.. right? SFC remake.. I&II same cart.. GBC remake.. I&II same cart..

Didn't this community find already translated English text inside in the Japanese version of Dragon Quest I and VIII for Android which confirms an English? Wait, also wasn't an English localization company CREDITED on the game? So how is this not feasible?

You guys.... are funny sometimes.  ;)

Edited by Mr. RPG

Um, you do realize that I & II is usually packaged together.. right? SFC remake.. I&II same cart.. GBC remake.. I&II same cart..

Didn't this community find already translated English text inside in the Japanese version of Dragon Quest I and VIII for Android which confirms an English? Wait, also wasn't an English localization company CREDITED on the game? So how is this not feasible?

Those versions were not sold together, though. DQ2 isn't even out yet in Japan, the next one coming is DQ4. I wasn't even aware that smartphone games had ESRB ratings. 

Those versions were not sold together, though. DQ2 isn't even out yet in Japan, the next one coming is DQ4. I wasn't even aware that smartphone games had ESRB ratings. 

Sometimes in Japan they aren't, like Final Fantasy X and X-2 are not sold together on the Vita, but they are in North America and Europe.

That is because they are waiting to release Dragon Quest II in Japan first, they aren't done with it. Geez..

Yes, some do, some don't. I don't see a problem with it?

I do believe these ports are coming, I'm just skeptical that this specific ESRB rating is related. I'm baffled at why SE would hand off publishing to someone else on a smartphone title, especially when they have such a large presence on the App Store/Google Play. 

could be a co-publisher kind of thing, still going to be published by Square-Enix, but Handster is involved somehow.

By the way guys, look at the ESRB rating again, they are listed by the time they are placed on the site, which means this is VERY new.

This makes no sense, of COURSE this is Dragon Quest I & II, you know the ones made by Enix a long time ago in the 80's.

I searched the ESRB rating board about two weeks ago for anything new from Dragon Quest titles and this rating was not there.

This is new. NeoGAF and a few sites have already picked it up and all agree this is new.

Handster is a company that publishes mobile titles, I don't see any problem with Square-Enix handling the publishing rights to Handster for this, (like how IX, VI, and Joker 2 were given to Nintendo)

Well, Europe uses PEGI and Asia uses something else, so yes. Problem is, isn't DQ1 supposed to be a standalone game for android?

Well yes Mister, I know I&II have been released together. It was a question. Never said it's not feasible, unless that part was a general answer to the thread. 

Actually, waiting and releasing them together could be a good idea. 2 for the price of 1, see if it can get some new fans. Then again, it could take a while...

With this... it makes me agree with Mr. RPG. *angelic chorus*

With Square Enix's HORRIBLE track record with keeping up with Android updates (( They break their games. Lol. )) It makes sense for them to at least hand either localization or publishing rights to a company who can help with that. I hope.

It's likely we won't get that "Dragon Quest Portal" app, but with the way the graphics looked from the DQ1 port on Android/iOS? We're getting upscaled SFC versions with an updated localization, is my prediction.

Gear up kids. We just might be getting DQ on our toliet-sitting time.

It doesn't make sense. We found out about the localisations in the credits for DQI. If they were planning on bundling the two together, it would mean DQI was only intended for a Japanese audience. If it was only intended for Japan... why are there credits for the localisation?

Kind of hoping this is some mix up, this Handster looks a little sketchy.

With this... it makes me agree with Mr. RPG. *angelic chorus*

With Square Enix's HORRIBLE track record with keeping up with Android updates (( They break their games. Lol. )) It makes sense for them to at least hand either localization or publishing rights to a company who can help with that. I hope.

It's likely we won't get that "Dragon Quest Portal" app, but with the way the graphics looked from the DQ1 port on Android/iOS? We're getting upscaled SFC versions with an updated localization, is my prediction.

Gear up kids. We just might be getting DQ on our toliet-sitting time.

2 points make your post relevant to me:

1: The other day I agreed with Mr. RPG and my video response was Ode to Joy. I best know Ode to Joy from the King of the Hill episode where he was constipated, and the said chorus played right after he had success and flushed the toilet, stepping out of the bathroom proudly. Unfortunately, I couldn't find said clip on Youtube.

2: Toilet sitting time is one of the more common times I use for Den posting. There's a scary thought...chances are if you read one of my posts, my fat butt is plopped on the throne. Sorry if anyone loses their lunch with that imagery. :laugh:

No, we made conjectures based on the credits of DQ1 Mobile. 

It makes sense to me. They WOULD have some kind of hub app in JP, where DQ is super-popular, but here? They wouldn't waste the manpower. We'll get the mobile releases, though, from the looks of it.

And about the bundling/credits thing: who said they aren't using the same dq1 for a 1+2 US release and just using a different launcher (a 1+2 menu instead of a whole portal app)

Yeah.

I see them bundling DQ1+2 and pricing it at 9.99.

And about the bundling/credits thing: who said they aren't using the same dq1 for a 1+2 US release and just using a different launcher (a 1+2 menu instead of a whole portal app)

I guess that makes sense. But why even give it a rating when App Store and Google Play don't require it? 

More layers than an onion, this one. 

Possibly release on console platforms, who knows?