;) Some of you who might know me a little bit, know I also do cosplays of different characters from anime and games. I'm curious, who else here on the Dragon's Den is a cosplayer? I know Michi is since she admin's the cosplay.com forums and all but I'd like to know who else does and those who don't but would like to, what character is your dream cosplay.

I am a lazy cosplayer; dressed as a Team Rocket grunt a few times, but not in great detail. Just the R shirt, the hat, black pants and a pokewalker as my pokeball.

I plan to go as the DQ5 hero next time my favorite convention (MAGfest) comes around. Seems mostly easy; toga, turban, cape, big stick and if i was, some arm and wrist bands. I suppose a belt and pouch would be the hardest.

;):whoa: Dude!!! You go to MAGFest?! I was there this year as Wario and Prof. Sycamore xD I look forward to seeing your DQ V Hero

I cosplay(though just for Halloween). I did Kirby, Toon Link, and Baby Mario. I'm hoping to someday do a Metal Mario.

;):whoa: Dude!!! You go to MAGFest?! I was there this year as Wario and Prof. Sycamore xD I look forward to seeing your DQ V Hero

I think I saw a few Warios, but Pretty sure I saw you as Sycamore; one of my friends I was with pointed it out. Did you have pokemon in your pockets too (though that may have been an Oak), and/or the hair? If neither, I am sure I at least saw a picture of you shared on a MAGfest facebook group. And look for me next year then! Assuming my friends still will go next year too (thus, assuring I can go), I will probably cosplay on Friday or Saturday. Though if they extend the days MAGfest there, then some other day in the middle of it. :)

;) @Ruesen: I actually did have Pokemon in my Pocket as Sycamore, they were in Pokeballs :wd_coolslime:

I don't cosplay nowadays, but my mom used to make me go camping with a bunch of people that would dress and act like they were in medical times. The group was called SCA or something like that. My "garb" costume was meant to look like Arus (DQ7 hero). Didn't really look great though because I'm a ginger and at that point in time I always had a buzz cut. Oh and I had big dorky blind old man glasses. (Thankfully even though my vision's still pretty bad they make my lenses out of much thinner material now so they aren't almost an inch thick.)

Edit: I'm gonna leave the typo/autocorrect there because it made me lol by "medical" was supposed to say "medieval".

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I guess. I'm not into that kinda stuff but I was 7 and really didn't have the choice. (At the time my mom was being stupid about custody so I couldn't just go to my dad's house.)

;) I've done the whole cosplay thing for like a decade now I find it can be fun and enjoyable but like with many things there are those drama types who make it less fun and less enjoyable.

I don't cosplay nowadays, but my mom used to make me go camping with a bunch of people that would dress and act like they were in medical times. The group was called SCA or something like that. My "garb" costume was meant to look like Arus (DQ7 hero). Didn't really look great though because I'm a ginger and at that point in time I always had a buzz cut. Oh and I had big dorky blind old man glasses. (Thankfully even though my vision's still pretty bad they make my lenses out of much thinner material now so they aren't almost an inch thick.)

Edit: I'm gonna leave the typo/autocorrect there because it made me lol by "medical" was supposed to say "medieval".

Awesome autocorrect!  I was going to ask you if they all just dressed in scrubs ;-)  Haha, "medical times".

So they were a LARPing group?

Ah, yes.  My favorite episode of Supernatural last season was the LARPing one!  Great fun!

;) I could never get into the whole LARPing scene myself I know pretty much every con I go to has a room dedicated to the art of the LARP though.

I love to cosplay, but my problem is that I can't sew for the life of me, so I end up buying my costumes online.

Lately though, I haven't had money for new costumes, but I have done Ash Ketchum/Son Satoshi (Hoenn and Kanto versions.), Hero (DQVIII), and Roy Mustang.

;) I can't sew either so I try to cobble together my stuff or for more elaborate stuff such as Starrk from Bleach I'll buy outfits. I do have friends that sew however so sometimes I ask for a commission or two. As for the cosplays I've done over the years holy crap it's a long one :laugh: but here goes:

1. Android 17/Juunanagou: DBZ

2. Happosai: Ranma 1/2

3. Greed: Full Metal Alchemist

4. Kaworu Nagisa: Evangellion

5. Rock Lee: Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden

6. Shino Aburame: Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden

7. Monkey D. Luffy: One Piece

8. L: Death Note (One of my lazy/comfy cosplays :P)

9. Kakuzu: Naruto Shippuuden

10. Pain/Nagato/Deva Path: Naruto Shippuuden

11. Debitto: D.Gray-man

12. Coyote Starrk (Pre AND Post Release): Bleach

13. Szayelapporo Grantz: Bleach

14. John Constantine: DC/Vertigo Comics

15. Charlotte Chuulhourne: Bleach (Yes, it's the released version :evil: )

16. Tier Harribel: Bleach

17. The Earl of Lemon Grab: Adventure Time

18. Riot: Jem and The Holograms

19. Lt. Surge: Pokemon Series (Heart Gold/Soul Silver version)

20. Al Mualim: Assassin's Creed

21. Myotismon: Digimon Adventure

22. Wario: Mario Series

23. Prof. Sycamore: Pokemon X and Y

Future Plans are as follows:

1. Mousse: Ranma 1/2

2. Edward Kenway: Shark Hunter Outfit (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag)

3. Goemon Ishikawa: Lupin III

4. Beelzemon: Digimon Tamers

5. Erdrick/Loto: Dragon Quest III

6. Crono: Chrono Trigger

7. Space Dandy: Space Dandy

never have had the means or opportunity to cosplay in real life, but i have online. i cosplay a lot on avatar sites i'm a member of, i usually cosplay anime and video game characters. though there has been times when i cosplay a singer i know. (music is my life)

anime cosplays i've done are:

C2: Code Geass

Kallen Kozuki: Code Geass

Maria Kurenai: Vampire Knight

Yuki Cross: Vampire Knight

Raven: Teen Titans

Terra: Teen Titans

Bloom: Winx Club

Shego: Kim Possible

video game characters i've done are:

Shanoa: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Ultimecia: Final Fantasy 8

Tifa: Final Fantasy 7

there's a lot more, but those are ones i remember off the top of my head.  

;) I only really do it at Anime/Gaming cons myself, I did do it a couple of times away from those settings, needless to say I got some rather interesting looks from people :laugh: