Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light Out Today

Played it.

Takes some UI and design inspiration from Puzzle and Dragons. It's not bad.  It says "Super Light" (as in "casual") but it plays actually kinda fun, it's definitely got more depth than most mobile games.

Music is awesome, as are the graphics.  

My team is currently a Slime Knight (Leader skill:  +5% HP to Slimes), 2 Slimes, a Chimera, and a Dracky.  Going to try and grind a few more Slimes or a Healslime for my team.

I have it on my old adroid X2, seems to run OK

Google Play says it's incompatible with my Galaxy S2 :(

Is there a way to force install this?

Yup.

http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

What's the apk name?

It's in the URL - com.square_enix.Android_dqmsuperlight

Thanks! Couldn't see that easily on my phone.

Been playing for a while today. It's quite run despite me having no freaking clue what I'm doing besides going from dungeon to dungeon! Haha. The bestiary has room for 500 monsters. I don't know how "super light" that is, but that's a good thing!

sydazypy.jpg

I want box slime!

ha8uma3a.jpg

This guy joined me.

5ehaze4u.jpg

Which is a good thing, because I though this might end me.

Thanks! Couldn't see that easily on my phone.

Been playing for a while today. It's quite run despite me having no freaking clue what I'm doing besides going from dungeon to dungeon! Haha. The bestiary has room for 500 monsters. I don't know how "super light" that is, but that's a good thing!

Yeah. Just noticed that. Although some numbers skip, like 360 then the next is 400. Still a lot of monsters though!

I have some trouble with this game though. It keeps downloading stuff. Is this normal?

I unlocked a neat feature today. I've been recruiting a ton of extra monsters and was wondering what happens when I fill out my 20 monster box.

y6abapy7.jpg

utyra8y7.jpg

There's this feature (mini-game?) that transfers their experience or power to another monster. Here my drakee raised up 4 levels from a couple slimes. It does call a lot of money the higher the level of the monster getting the experience.

amu6ydyn.jpg

This was a TOUGH battle!

I'm stuck grinding for a bit. Got into a tower that reminds me of the Birdsong Tower in DQIV. I bet it's based on that as the sword enemies appear at the end. The final bosses are a group of monsters that wiped me out in 2 rounds. Time to level everyone up a few!

• 1 month later...

I'm still plugging away at this game. It made a major update this week. Now your companion monster doesn't join you at your lowest monster's level, it's more of an average. Thank God! It's especially good since I finally hit max level with a couple monsters. That FINALLY allowed me to be able to evolve my King Slime into a King Cureslime.

e8agamuh.jpg

ateqe5e9.jpg

Well, that 2nd picture kinda sucked. But, with the update and my main healer now dropped from level 50 to level 1 through that evolution, it was nice that my companion monster didn't join me at level 1, rather level 42 (since all my other main party is level 48 - 50). Good times! And with 2 other monsters about ready to evolve, it's going to be back to grind time soon.

No. I thought about doing one, but with a baby and a full time job and me kinda hating to type long things on my phone and it being annoying to move photos back and forth, idk.