Sign in to follow this  
Babblicious

Erdrick Trilogy Remakes

Well, I've been looking around at the screenshots from the Dragon Quest 1 remake for iOS, and I can't deny that they have improved upon the last edition (Gameboy Color?), but I wish that Square Enix would consider majorly upgrading the first three titles to an engine similar to VIII or X. For me, this would bring bring a lot of "replay" value to the trilogy just to see where they would go with it. But, I can see why they wouldn't, because for the average buyers, all they care about is the highest number after the title, so sales might not be high enough.

But still, one can dream, right? :D

• Upvote 2

I want to see them on VII PS/IV PS/IV DS/V DS/VI DS' engine.

• Upvote 1

I think that would be lovely.

I have yet to play those titles--but that would give me a lot of reason.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see DQ1 re-made as an action rpg.  Now that would be cool.

• Upvote 1

I think it would be interesting to make DW 1 like swords but take it off the rail, have a DQ VIII style world, but Wii Motion Plus controls. Hack and slash at Dragon Lord :)

• Upvote 1

I think it would be interesting to make DW 1 like swords but take it off the rail, have a DQ VIII style world, but Wii Motion Plus controls. Hack and slash at Dragon Lord :)

That's essentially what Kenshin Dragon Quest is, sans the DQVIII world map

• Upvote 1

^

Googling that now

Edit: I misread that sentence. I thought you said : kenshin Quest in stead of kenshin dragon quest. ken is sword so Dragon Quest Swords.

*facepalm myself*

Edited by JobClass

Were the controls better than the Wii for Swords?

I think they were more optimized, from what I read.

I guess since in DQ games you're supposed to be the character, it only makes sense that the camera would be first person.  It would work well since you don't get any party members.  For the other games you'd need AI, or better yet, multi-player.

They should remake Dragon Warrior I as a first-person shooter.

^

Googling that now

Edit: I misread that sentence. I thought you said : kenshin Quest in stead of kenshin dragon quest. ken is sword so Dragon Quest Swords.

*facepalm myself*

Kenshin means Swordsmen.

Personally, I think the controls for DQS were better.  I suck at both though.

Were the controls better than the Wii for Swords?

A little different, I wouldn't say better. My biggest problem with DQS was the way you had to keep the end of the wiimote parallel with the screen. Kenshin Dragon Quest lets you swing the sword a bit more naturally, but the detection is hit or miss. And since there are no buttons on the sword, selecting magic can be a pain. 

YOU'VE PLAYED THE PLUG'N'PLAY DQS? OMG!!!

Where can I get it? Or is there some kind of emulator for plug'n'play games now?

YOU'VE PLAYED THE PLUG'N'PLAY DQS? OMG!!!

Where can I get it? Or is there some kind of emulator for plug'n'play games now?

I got it as a birthday gift a few years back. It was ordered from NCS but they don't have it in stock anymore. They still have the AC adapter, though!

You can find it on eBay easily enough. Fun, but you have to fiddle with it to get it working right. Worth it for the sword :)

I'll check eBay when I have some more money. Glad you had fun with it.

I found the controls for Kenshin to be much better than Swords. But it does require calibration, and I found that it was very sensitive to the set up of the room, and the size of the TV. Too much lighting, large screen TV, these things can cause issues.

;) I wouldn't mind seeing the entire Erdrick Trilogy released on one compilation using Dragon Quest VII's/IV's Graphical system myself. Though an Action RPG version of DQ I sounds quite intriguing, same with II for that matter :thumbsup:

I don't. We've gotten plenty of DQ games in that engine. When they remade the Zenithian Trilogy, they used the PS1 engine even though it was almost ten years old. They could have used the DQ IX or DQ VIII engine.

I prefer the 2dish look, or pure 2D.

I don't. We've gotten plenty of DQ games in that engine. When they remade the Zenithian Trilogy, they used the PS1 engine even though it was almost ten years old. They could have used the DQ IX or DQ VIII engine.
Agreed. While it looks nice on a DS, we've moved past those graphics. Playing the Erdrick trilogy on a 3DS with the same graphics would feel archaic.

I've just gotten into DQ and haven't gotten to play anything in a better engine than the DS games, yet. I'm eager to play VIII. I hear that you can actually see your equipped items in your characters. That sounds awesome!

I've just gotten into DQ and haven't gotten to play anything in a better engine than the DS games, yet. I'm eager to play VIII. I hear that you can actually see your equipped items in your characters. That sounds awesome!

And you get to see clothes on Jessica... It's a pretty big deal.

And you get to see clothes on Jessica... It's a pretty big deal.

How so?

Well, I dressed my male hero in female outfits... Crossdressing FTW.

Sign in to follow this