J Stars Victory

NIce! The cel-shading is looking better than ever! I mean I'm totally pop-eyed here.

Do J-stars games get localized though?

I think it might be  a bit too "obscure" just because we don't have any of that media locally. maybe Bleach, Naruto and One Piece but that's it. :ws-slimedead:

Would be absolutely awesome if it does come over though! I think i stopped reading JUMP titles a year or go back, but it would totally give me the nostalgia's.

• Upvote 1

NIce! The cel-shading is looking better than ever! I mean I'm totally pop-eyed here.

Do J-stars games get localized though?

Based on past experience, no. Jump Stars Ultimate for the DS and the the game that came before that would be a good example.
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Yep, importing it is the way to go. It's probably not getting a release. I know of some petitions to get it released, but they probably won't help much.

On another note, the character roster seems perfect, save for a few oddities. I can't wait to order this game.

I'd like to see some kind of J Stars title hit the US. It's Smash Bros + Shonen Jump.

Every so often I look online for a copy at a reasonable price. I try to go new with DS games and since I'm not in any rush to play it I'm willing to wait for a price around retail price.

The site where I've seen it the cheapest is around PlayAsia. If I'm not mistaken, a PS3 copy is worth about 135 dollars- maybe not a reasonable price for you all, but it still seems like something I'd buy. I'm not used to seeing physical games sell cheap in stores, with the ridiculous taxes and whatnot.

;) You'd think this series would see more attention here in the states considering how popular a lot of Shounen Jump titles are.

Not to mention the magazine had been in publication for over 10 years, although it recently went digital.

If I had to make a guess, and it a guess since I'm too lazy to do research, it might have to do with licensing? Like, maybe certain characters and series belong to another localization company?

Yeah, pretty sure the reason we haven't gotten this is because of licensing issues and stuff. Some manga artists just -don't- like the US.

;) Which is still odd considering how popular Dragon Ball, Bleach, One Piece and Naruto are, for that matter Soul Eater also enjoys some love here in the US. It might be Saint Seiya that is the reason?

;) Which is still odd considering how popular Dragon Ball, Bleach, One Piece and Naruto are, for that matter Soul Eater also enjoys some love here in the US. It might be Saint Seiya that is the reason?

Just to clarify, and not to sound rude, but Soul Eater is not from Jump. It's from Shonen Gangan (If I'm not mistaken). Again, just to make it clear.

Also, even though those four series are pretty popular overseas and COULD be used as a selling point, they'll also have to license all of the other characters, and, in Namco Bandai's financial eyes, it's not worth it (Because, admit it, you didn't even know half of them existed). They learned their lesson with Project X Zone (fun game, though not a big hit), so they probably will not want to go through licensing hell again.

;) I see no rudeness here, I simply derp'd on my end :P Though with the four popular series, pretty much all of the fans know the characters from them (Unless they don't read the manga in Bleach's case)

Edited by Slime Master