Restarting DQIX-Help with Grottos Please

kingmetal

Wow, it has been a long time since I've been on these boards.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Anyway, a while back I sold a ton of my video game collection and in preparing to do so I deleted by DQ IX save state.  I've been traveling for work for the last three months for work and restarted the game.  The problem is when I went to the DQ VI DS release in Palo Alto I was able to trade with some folk there and get some of the great rare grotto maps like the kawasaki map and what not.  Since I now have a new game I no longer have those maps and now that I'm in the post game part it is making my level grinding and alchemy grinding very laborious.  

My hope is that there are still some players out there with some great maps that are willing to meet up and share.  I'm currently in Austin, TX until Wednesday then I'm back to LA.  If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.  What I'm really looking for is an all MKS floor map and a good S rank treasure map.  

Thanks everyone, and it's great to be back in the game!

• Upvote 2

That's one of the only things I dislike about DQ9, No online play. I'd love to help you...but Texas is just a touch out of my range. I'm very sorry.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I also wish online tagging was possible.  I'll be back in LA in a few days and I know there are some people on here from around that area.  The only screen name I remember is Mimas, but apparently she can't receive PMs anymore.  Ho hum.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in LA as well if you're still need those maps, kingmetal. I have a few MKS-only grottoes.

;) I have like only a few Grottoes, and one is a Legendary Boss Grotto even though I've not put in Dragon Quest IX in a good number of years now.

Sorry for the late reply, I started work a couple weeks ago and it has been crazy.  Aphelion, I'm free all day on Wednesday, do you want to meet up somewhere? I'm over in the Culver City area.  PM me!  I've been solo questing for a bit trying to get my hero revocated three times and it is driving me crazy.

Edited by kingmetal

Well, do you have some kind of device to create a backup of your save file? You can do that with the "NDS Adaptor" - and if I remember correctly some version of the "Action Replay" can do it too.

If you could send me your save file, I would use 2 NDS, my original game cartridge and a flashlinker containing a ROM with your save file to give you my Malroth map. Just transfer it back to your original cartridge afterwards.

I'm looking for guests of my inn anyway, so if people here are able to do that and want a Malroth map in return - go ahead and PM me! ;)