Sign in to follow this  
Ashes

FF and DQ collaboration 1/15-2-14

Just to let you guys know there's an event going on. It's not too hard to do. Go to Azlan (elf town: 1st train stop) and outside the bank is the slime you turn the tickets into, but before you reach him there's shatarro and his chocobo. You talk to Shatarro and he'll give you earrings. Kill plant-type creatures anywhere in the world (or the magical labyrinth) while wearing them and you'll get gyshal greens. When you have Shatarro's quest (done once and repeatable) you can then feed a green to the chocobo completing the quest requirement. Then you just talk to Shatarro and he'll reward you with the earrings to keep, and a Mandragon coin. You can use this coin or the "strong"-version of the coin in the magical labyrinth. 

He's a boss coin so it'll take you directly to the treasure room and then the boss fight in the labyrinth. I've yet to beat him because well... I'm only 52 currently and he hurts. It is manageable for a 60+ group. The hard version I'd assume is closer to level 80 difficulty. You'll get a chocobo ticket for defeating him - 2 if it's the hard boss. Which you can turn into the slime outside Azlan's bank.

• Upvote 1

Just curious... How do I get the "hard" coin instead of the standard one?

Also I wonder if the Slime in Azlan will stay after the event ends. Because if he doesn't, we are forced to use our coins soon.

Seems you can repeat the quest only once, so I will get 4 more coins from my secondary chars.

Edited by bjaxx87
  • Upvote 1

by talking to shatarro again answered by Mimas

• Upvote 1

Yep! Thanks anyway ;).

And you can scratch this:

Seems you can repeat the quest only once, so I will get 4 more coins from my secondary chars.

You can only receive 2 coins from Shatorro if your are not fighting the boss. But once you used one of you coins, you can redo the quest and get another one. So during the event your coins are unlimited.

That's odd because I have 5 coins right now. They are the strong ones though.

Edited by Ashes

Really? I should give that a try...

I just stood next to Shatorro, had several gyshal greens with me, opened the menu for cleared quests, reset Shatorro's quest, talked to him and received the quest a second time. After giving the gyshal green to the Chocobo and clearing the quest again, I tried to reset it in the same menu as before - but it didn't work anymore.

Sadly I couldn't just stand there and convert 7 gyshal greens into 7 coins without even leaving the place. Maybe there's a time limit before you can redo a quest? Or... maybe you can only repeat it once a day?

You don't reset it in a menu. You reset it by talking to him again and picking yes. The first dialog you will get is if you have a regular coin he'll offer to change it to a strong coin. The second is to redo the quest for the daily repeat. 

You don't reset it in a menu. You reset it by talking to him again and picking yes. The first dialog you will get is if you have a regular coin he'll offer to change it to a strong coin. The second is to redo the quest for the daily repeat.

It doesn't make a difference. You can reset it in the quest log as well as by answering "Yes" to the second question, the effect is the same.

Or... maybe you can only repeat it once a day?

I can confirm this now. That's why I thought I couldn't get more than 2 coins the first day I completed the quest and why I was able to reset it another day. You can only repeat the quest once within a "DQX day" (06:00 A.M. JST - 05:59 A.M. JST).

You can buy it from the Slime in Azlan. The price is only 2 chocobo tickets, so it isn't too hard to get ^^. Have a look at Ashes' post for more information - or just ask!

Edited by bjaxx87

lol ^^

cactuar.png

The FFXIV event is quite similar to the FFXI one.

1.) Meet the Mogry in Orufea (F-5), talk to him and accept his quest.

2.) Check the quest description... It consists of three lines. The first word in the middle line is the name of a flower. It's you mission to get it! (The flower differs every time, for me it was a ブラウンマリー.)

3.) There are different ways to get the flowers, but the easiest is to just check the bazaar:

- Talk to the bazaar guy.

- First option.

- Second option.

- Second option.

- Second option.

- Search for the flowers name and choose it.

- Look for the best offer and buy it.

(Seems now is a good time to grow flowers in your garden and sell them... ^^)

4.) Talk to the Mogry again and you'll receive a Cactuar Coin and 111 fame. Talk to him again and say "Yes" if you want the hard version. (I'm lvl. 62 and the standard version wasn't too easy, so I'll pass for now ^^.)

5.) Use the coin in the Magic Labyrinth to enter a Cactuar boss fight. It's only one enemy (at least if you use the standard coin) and most of the time it's standing still. But if it attacks, it is a wideranged attack which hits all nearby players very hard. Keep distance whenever you can!

6.) Your reward will be a Mogry Ticket (or 2 for the hard version). You can use them to buy FFXIV goodies at the She-slime in front of Orufea's bank/post office:

- Cactuar gesture: 1 ticket

- Mogry statue: 2 tickets

- Cactuar statue: 2 tickets

- Cactuar hat: 5 tickets

- Mogry hat: 8 tickets

The quest is repeatable once a day (06:00 a.m. JST - 05:59 a.m. JST). The event ends 2014/03/12, 11:59 p.m. JST.