Sign in to follow this  
FencingFoxFTW

Dragon Quest Monsters Wanted! for Android.

http://an.sqexm.net/sp/site/Page/sqmk/wanted/top?ml

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.dqmw&hl=en

Just posting links to this, since I didn't see any topics of it. Seems like it had a monthly fee, but now it's free. I can't test it myself, since I'm on a stock Kindle Fire HD, but hopefully you guys can check it out.

Edited by FencingFoxFTW
  • Upvote 3

Ooh, nice! Thanks.  I just download the APK from the store and installed it on my Galaxy S2.  The APK was really small and I need a network connection to validate before I can play (which I don't have at the moment).  I will give another shot when I can connect and attempt to validate. 

DQMW_xhdpi.png

Hope this works! I have been having fun DQ8 (Up to Port Link / Port Prospect at the moment), but you can never have too much DQ to play.

Thanks again!

• Upvote 2

Hmmm, just found a connection and it looks like it didn't work.  The problem seems to be that I am using a US-based APK downloader .  It is only fetching a 1MB APK file because it is not allowed to access the Japan Play Store APK file.  When I launch this mini-app it says that it is validating and then tells me the app is unlicensed and to "purchase" it from the play store. 

on the Japan Play Store, it looks like it should be 49 MB for the full APK.

Does anybody know of a Japan-based APK downloader?

• Upvote 1

1MB should be right, according to the SE Market(first link I posted). It'll most probably download data after installation. 

Maybe the problem is some kind of region lock.

• Upvote 1

It's certainly a region-lock problem.  Hmmm... there must be a way...

I just set up a proxy server for my house so I can access US Netflix (way more content than Canadian Netflix...), so maybe I can see if JP region is supported so I can get the app installed and validated.

• Upvote 1

The lock is app-related and not downloader-related, because I just downloaded a japanese Megaman game and it works...well, only the initial setup worked for me, but that's a problem related to the Kindle itself.

• Upvote 1

Looks more like a DRM problem than a region problem to me since it seems to be checking the Play Store to see if it was installed from there.

• Upvote 1

Gotta love Square Enix and their DRM.

A trick might be to set your Android device's region to Japam, and then try from there? You can obviously buy almost anything on the Store from anywhere (( Example, the Kairosoft games are in JP/ENG )), but...

I got the apk and have just begun to search through it.  what is of interest is not in the apk but the common.bin found in a different folder with similar name.  I dumped the smali with (pm me if interested -if there is that feature here).  so far 4 smali files and counting with the typical apk unicode text \u3044\u3044\u3048

It mentions folders that I cannot find in the apk itself nor so far with esexplorer on my samsung S5.  If someone with a rooted device could get back to me I have an address for you to pick up an apk for this and some files/folders I will need you to search for.  these files I am hoping are only hidden due to the fact that they could be used to translate the game (graphically maybe)

otherwise the text found so far is only web addresses and the trial registration stuff.   this may take a while searching smali one by one for "\u" and miscellaneous file folder names is time consuming.  Not to mention dumping by location then converting then attempting a quick translation myself... which I believe it might be better to dump and let someone else handle that.  

No I don't have that much so far.  Any questions let me know.

I got the apk and have just begun to search through it. what is of interest is not in the apk but the common.bin found in a different folder with similar name. I dumped the smali with (pm me if interested -if there is that feature here). so far 4 smali files and counting with the typical apk unicode text \u3044\u3044\u3048

It mentions folders that I cannot find in the apk itself nor so far with esexplorer on my samsung S5. If someone with a rooted device could get back to me I have an address for you to pick up an apk for this and some files/folders I will need you to search for. these files I am hoping are only hidden due to the fact that they could be used to translate the game (graphically maybe)

otherwise the text found so far is only web addresses and the trial registration stuff. this may take a while searching smali one by one for "\u" and miscellaneous file folder names is time consuming. Not to mention dumping by location then converting then attempting a quick translation myself... which I believe it might be better to dump and let someone else handle that.

No I don't have that much so far. Any questions let me know.

When I have access to my desktop again (I'll be at work for over a week, I travel for work), I can take a look at the iOS version's .ipa file and see if I can find anything interesting.

41 smali files come up with a /u from the search.  

What is missing from this dump is the monster names, the quests, and a heck of a lot of dialogue.  

With this maybe a tiny bit of the menu could be done.  Even then without the menu graphics to screw with there is no point with the larger english translation.  

Taking a look through the common.bin now.   If you could pass me a file list when you do dump the ipa I would appreciate it.  I have a feeling it will have the same structure as this one though.  

files/ directory to search for:

farm_bg.png
parts.png
bar.png
bar_parts.png
lowrank_col.png
lowrank_col_parts.png
prologue.png
highrank_col.png
highrank_col_parts.png
bokusya_01.png
bokusya_02.png
bokusya_03.png
bokusya_04.png through to 23
toumin_01.png
azukari_01.png
azukari_02.png through to 04
Field/data/rank.png
Field/data/rank.anb
Field/efe/efe.dat
Field/heart.dat
Field/data/tree_pos.bin
Field/data/treasure_gold.bin
Field/data/treasure_item.bin
 so far not found in the apk.  Hoping to find them in the common.bin.  Otherwise I am going to have to give my wifi packet skills a refresher.   (I haven't used them in 3 years)  
Edited by Rastsan

I completely forgot about this. I wonder where I saved my IPA file... Or if I ever even backed it up from my phone?

Sign in to follow this