Sign in to follow this  
mma0701

Bravely Default

This is everything good about my child hood and more, reminds me of the original Final Fantasy for some reason.  I've already maxed out all jobs and beat all quests except finishing my town (I only have 5 street passes and I chose not to cheat the demo into getting 20 people) so I just leave my 3DS on while at work.

For anyone playing, please share your builds

Here is what I'm using

all characters are Ninja class using 2x Kunai, Feather Hat, Mythril Plate, and Venture Badge

three characters have White Magic Job Command (for Protect and Cura) and Angelic Ward Support Ability, meanwhile one character has the Singing Job Command so I can spam Love Power to get 150% ATK

SPOILERS AHEAD

I beat Dragon and Automaton by using the same method

Agnes: Protect Agnes, Protect Ringabel, Attack x2

Tiz, Protect Tiz, Attack x3

Ringabel: Love Power x2, Attack x2

Edea: Protect Edea, Attack x3

Seeing as Agnes was the weakest of the 3 with White Magic she would occassionally use Cura but it never got past 3 rounds as I was dealing 250 normal/500 critical damage x2 per BP .

• Upvote 2

It's hasn't come out here in the States just yet. Just one more month though. I've been itching to play Bravely Default since I heard it was coming our way.

• Upvote 1

It's hasn't come out here in the States just yet. Just one more month though. I've been itching to play Bravely Default since I heard it was coming our way.

the demo was released on the e-Shop on January 2nd in North America, that's what I've been playing.  You can actually complete 7 quests (I'll leave those for your to discover) and what you play is NOT part of the full game.  The reason for doing this is that when you buy the full game, certain aspects you complete in the demo will carry over to the full game and you don't start empty handed.  The demo has 9 jobs to toy with (capped at level 4) and your characters are capped at level 20.  The character jobs and stats don't carry over however up to 20 street passes, your town, and your quest items do carry over.

• Upvote 1

Oh, really? That's quite a big demo. I was almost definitely going to buy it on release so now that I know there's a demo with stuff that carries over I'll dig into it!

• Upvote 1

I pre-ordered the collector's edition of the game, and I excited to play it!

In the demo, my party set-up is this..

Tiz: Valkyrie w/ White Mage abilities

Agnes: Swordmaster w/ Black Mage abilities

Ringabel: White Mage w/ Knight abilities

Edea: Ninja w/ Performer abilities

• Upvote 1

Motdrafin

What kind of Support Abilities do you prefer?  I personally find Angelic Ward to be incredibly useful.

• Upvote 1

Gah! I don't have enough space in my 3DS for the demo. Aw well, I'm still getting the Bravely Default when it comes out.

• Upvote 1

I pre-ordered the CE the moment I found out about it. As far as the demo goes, it asks for some sort of ID for me to do it and I just didnt feel like messing with it ... but with the info you listed here about it, I may go ahead and do it.

It just wants you to join Nintendo Network. I just said whatever and did it. What's another account. If I didn't do it then I would probably have do it later. 

I love the fairy (pixy?) in the demo. I just find more endearing than fairy guides in other games. DQ9's in particular.

I love the fairy (pixy?) in the demo. I just find more endearing than fairy guides in other games. DQ9's in particular.

The demo is apparently pretty different for the main play.

You mean Airy, right ?

Yup, she's the best fairy guide, indeed.

Anyway, since I'm European, I already finished it entirely. 

This game is really great and should be bougfht by any RPG fans..

Are all the job available on the demo ?

Most notably Vampire and Conjurer ?

Vampire are incredibly great.

You Europeans get all the good games first. Bravely Default, Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story. Screw you, NOA!

You Europeans get all the good games first. Bravely Default, Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story. Screw you, NOA!

...and Layton and the Azran Legacy.

Though you had Devil Survivor Overclocked and Etrian Oddyssey IV and Untold way before us, so I think it evens things out.

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

Is that a joke?  NA gets WAY more than EU.  I think there's a FAR greater number of games that NA has gotten that EU hasn't than even the difference between JP & NA.

Is that a joke?  NA gets WAY more than EU.  I think there's a FAR greater number of games that NA has gotten that EU hasn't than even the difference between JP & NA.

Atlus.

It has gotten better recently, thanks to Ghostlight and NISA (and the developpment of PSN and Nintendo Shop), but EOII and III were never published here.

Devil Survivor was only made available some months ago, and Overclocked was here 18 monthy after you in a version full of bugs.

So, this is just starting to balance things out.

Does Europe as a whole just not buy/play video games as much as we do in the US?

Does Europe as a whole just not buy/play video games as much as we do in the US?

I wonder if translation isn't a part of the problem.

Many game are released in English uniquely, which would reduce his appeal. 

And if you have to translate that much text in at least the other main language (French, German, Spanish, Italian), it takes a lot of time, even if they're working already with the English translation.

Not playing something as text-heavy as a RPG in another language is not as attractive. especially when you have since more complicated like Valkyrie Profile : Convenient of the Plume (Seriously didn't get half of the dialogue on my first playthrough), or FF Tactics PSP. 

If you want to play good RPG you really need to be quite good in English.

Unless you're Pokemon, that's a pretty huge investment.

Though since DQ (and FF half the time) is always fully translated, I guess we should have a strong enough fanbase here.

We also have full translation job for Fire Emblem.

• Upvote 1

So has anyone played this yet? How is it?

So if anyone wants to add me with to the friends list for this game here is my code : 1650-2532-4224

Its pretty decent so far.

Voice acting sucks though. Especially Agnes. The gane play is good. The story is pretty cliche but there is a character named Ringabel who seems like he will provide a twist

Edited by Megalosaro

Megalosaro, you're avatar certainly seems to "ring-a-bell."

Sorry, but after seeing that name alongside your your avatar I couldn't waste this opportunity.

Its pretty decent so far.

Voice acting sucks though. Especially Agnes. The gane play is good. The story is pretty cliche but there is a character named Ringabel who seems like he will provide a twist

Ringabel's english VA is top notch ! (And he himself is amazing).

Agnes voice is.. Unacceptable !

I've heard mixed things about the voice acting but it's a video game not an anime so I can get over it. The fact that there's voice acting at all on a handheld game is good enough so long as the performances aren't too wooden.

if you want to add me rpggamer79 my name is Zendor and my code is 1650-2806-5339