Ashes

Getting started on PC

Don't use a vpn. You don't need it for the website (only the game.)

Try putting the error through Google translate.

Yeah I shut the PC down, connected via a VPN and I still get that error when trying to buy the game. Really confused right now.

Don't use a vpn. You don't need it for the website (only the game.)

Try putting the error through Google translate.

Google says its restricted, but no idea what that means. I've tried a dozen times and that's always the code I get, VPN or no. What did you do?

Yeah I didnt have too switch either but I thought it could help. I honestly dont see a reason why the crysta option isnt working. I assume you are pickign the crysta option. Can you screenshot with what option your picking?

Tried using a VPN and then clearing cookies/cache or use Incognito/Privacy mode, or an entirely different browser?

Alrighty folks, here's what I've done exactly.  I login with my Square-Enixxxx Japan account, find the All-in-One package, add it to cart, select Crysta as payment option, click the "agree to terms" box and select next.  I then get an error code.  I've tried different browsers, clearing cookies and the cache, privacy modes, and VPN to Japan, absolutely every option gives me the same error code.  Here is the payment option I'm using.

Crysta.jpg

Here is the error I get when I'm done with this portion:

ErrorCode.jpg

This doesn't make any sense to me as this should automatically go through.  Do you know if there's something I'm missing here?  Is there anyone fluent in Japanese that could shed some light on this?  I'm SOOO close, it would suck to have to import the game via eBay or somewhere else given I now have 10,000 Crysta.  Thanks to everyone who has tried to help since I decided to give this another go.

... Is your square Enix account a Japanese account?

... Is your square Enix account a Japanese account?

That's what I am wondering about..

Yes it sure is. It's the account I play the game with. Ashes has said they can hook me up and it would seem that's the only way I'll be able to purchase the game outside ebay. At least the Crysta can give me several months of gameplay so it's not like it's going to waste.

Yes it sure is. It's the account I play the game with. Ashes has said they can hook me up and it would seem that's the only way I'll be able to purchase the game outside ebay. At least the Crysta can give me several months of gameplay so it's not like it's going to waste.

I prefer not to publicize this option as it creates a multitude of issues. This is a workaround that PayPal does not condone.

It seems to me the problem lies with either paypal or play asia, not rockman.

It seems to me the problem lies with either paypal or play asia, not rockman.

You are missing the fact that he's had issues with Rakuten and square-enix too. Your assessment might have been correct otherwise.

Truly guys I don't know what's going on.  I was on the beta day 1, even did a series of videos on my YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFZDhjvvVmauHHVZaJFu9s3noH6GCdkXZ) about it.  I've been importing from Play-Asia for over a decade, and haven't had any issues with PayPal, Play-Asia, or anyone else.  I don't have a clue why I would be having issues with any of these companies, let alone all of them.  I did a few eBay orders over the weekend and all of those were fine, so I’m really at a loss.  I tried ordering something from Newegg to test my PayPal account via a store purchase and it worked perfectly, so the problem seems to be wrapped around Play-Asia and Square-Enix.  Keep in mind I also contacted my bank and PayPal, and in both cases they said everything was fine on my end, but that Play-Asia were refusing the funds on their end.  When I contacted them they said their system had flagged my account, but didn’t offer an explanation as to why, or why they couldn’t reset the account.  Rakuten was an easy one to explain, they refused my Canadian credit card, and they did the same to two of my friends who tried to help me out. 

I did some research on the Square-Enix error I was getting and found it could be due to IP changes made on this account, which would make sense.  When I played the beta I used to get ‘suspicious activity’ warnings all the time as SoftEther would drop my IP and assign me a new one, thereby causing me to have to reset my password.  Apparently I could gain full access to the store by using an authenticator, but that would be a whole other issue actually getting one. 

I didn’t mean to publicize what you’re doing for me Ashes, I thought it would be my way of saying thanks.  Hopefully once all of this is done then I’ll be good to go, especially now knowing that WebMoney works.

I would like to give a heartfelt thanks to absolutely everyone who has tried to help over the past two weeks.  It means a lot, and because of the community’s efforts I can now play DQ X for real this time.  While the trial was cool and all, it’s just not the same ;)

Edited by Rockman1974

If the error is what you're saying you've should've gotten an email in the associated email box. Click that link in the email to change your password. Any time your IP drastically changes you have to go through this process.

Yeah that's exactly what happened, and I did indeed change my email several times.  From what I can find online though, the error code I was getting from the Square-Enix site said that suspicious activity could lead to a forced authentication for security purposes. 

Yes the link requires you to enter in your birthdate, and change the password. That's why you have to use the link, and not just change the password on your own.

Well I'm officially online now.  I am all set for 10 months :) 

Thanks again for absolutely everyone who assisted me, or attempted to assist me.  I'll see you all online!

Stupid question, but does anyone know how to translate dq 10 into english?

Yes the link requires you to enter in your birthdate, and change the password. That's why you have to use the link, and not just change the password on your own.

I hope I never get this error. Got some reason the birthday on my account is not my actual birthday and I don't remember what i entered or why.

Anyone knows how to make game config menu readable? I have JP IME installed and changed system locale to JP but the config menu still shows everything in ?????

I have tried skimming throughout this thread but couldn't find how to.

Thanks!

You also need to change your clock/date and time display to Japanese.

Same thing happened to me, with JP Windows of all things, because for some reason my date/time display was set to US style. Once I changed it, my config menu was readable.

You also need to change your clock/date and time display to Japanese.

Same thing happened to me, with JP Windows of all things, because for some reason my date/time display was set to US style. Once I changed it, my config menu was readable.

Ohh!! This is very tricky!! Thank you Bunk!

Oh no.

How do I VPN.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. 

Here's the topic if anyone else needs it. http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30316

Edited by AnusRaptor

Can anyone talk me through changing the controls back to the default layout.  For whatever reason a lot of the commands have been reversed since the last time I logged on.  Thanks guys.

Oh, also, I recently reinstalled Windows and since then DQX identifies me as a guest, as a result I can't access the offline mode.  How do I change this?

Edited by Gloomy

Can anyone talk me through changing the controls back to the default layout.  For whatever reason a lot of the commands have been reversed since the last time I logged on.  Thanks guys.

Oh, also, I recently reinstalled Windows and since then DQX identifies me as a guest, as a result I can't access the offline mode.  How do I change this?

Did you have a different controller before?

win01_5_05.jpg

The above is the log in screen.

Lower left button is for registering a character to the software so you don't login as guest.