Ashes

Getting started on PC

OH MY GOD FINALLY. I was reading the registration instructions wrong the whole time! (I assumed you only registered for an account and didn't Need to register the game unless you bought it.)

As a trial you cannot:

Talk in local chat (ctrl+c)

Use the post office

Use the Bazzar
Go to the magic labyrinth

Invite random people to party

Use the Bank

Do quests related to any of the above

You should post in the den team thread if you'd like to play with some people. 

Edited by Ashes

I'm considering getting the game, despite not knowing any Japanese at all. I have two questions, though:

1. Is the trial free? If so, are there an differences other than what you mentioned in your above post? And does the trial ever expire?

2. Are foreign credit cards allowed to be used for subscriptions?

Thanks. :)

You can use Rakuten to pay for subscription so yes foreign cards do work. Im not sure on the trial being free but I assume so needing a credit card to geti t working.

As a trial you cannot:

Talk in local chat (ctrl+c)

Use the post office

Use the Bazzar

Go to the magic labyrinth

Invite random people to party

You should post in the den team thread if you'd like to play with some people. 

Wait Wait.... I am playing on the free trial and I have played with random people and have used the post office?

I found out that the trial is free, so... if I download that, do I have full access to play online other than the restrictions listed above?

The game is sadly maintenance right now for another... 6-7 hours. But yeah it seems you have full access and cant go past level 20. I'll be sticking aorund in the irc chat if you have any questions that I can try to answer.

Alright. Thanks for the help! :D

One last question... is the IP block still in place? I heard it was removed.

Alright. Thanks for the help! :D

One last question... is the IP block still in place? I heard it was removed.

Was removed, but back again.

Darn! D: I'll have to bypass it somehow, then.

Thanks for all the help! :D

Well just need a vpn program. Not that hard to set up. Soft Ether for those starting out andi fy ou want something more reliable AWS or some such will be helpful

You can use Rakuten to pay for subscription so yes foreign cards do work. Im not sure on the trial being free but I assume so needing a credit card to geti t working.

How exactly do you go about doing that?  I found their 'All in One' package deal for the PC version, but how do I go about adding more time to the game?

Here you go

http://imgur.com/a/WuXVA

Hopefully you can figure out the rest.

You will need to log into japanese square enix.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account

Make sure to have a rakuten account as well.

Thanks for the info Genrazian.  I already have a Japanese Square-Enix account, but I'll need to create a Rakuten account, which won't be too difficult I would imagine.  I played through the beta, but sadly never purchased the full retail release of the PC version because I didn't have a Japanese credit card and didn't know there was a workaround for it.  This is awesome, it means I can come back and experience the rest of the game :)

Haha hopefully have it up and ready to go when the game comes back up from maintence! Though you will need to do some stuff in the offline portion.

Haha hopefully have it up and ready to go when the game comes back up from maintence! Though you will need to do some stuff in the offline portion.

Hmm, looks like I'm having issues with Rakuten.  I used the link you provided, but it will not accept my North American credit card.  When I check my account page, I have two options, one for purchases outside Japan, and one for within Japan.  I enter the card info for both, and I get an error saying it is not authorized to make the payment.  I'm getting the following error:

エラーコード:2100712

クレジットカード決済ã«å¤±æ•—ã—ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚

ã‹ã‚‰ã”登録ã®ã‚¯ãƒ¬ã‚¸ãƒƒãƒˆã‚«ãƒ¼ãƒ‰æƒ…å ±ã«èª¤ã‚ŠãŒãªã„ã‹ã€æœ‰åŠ¹æœŸé™åˆ‡ã‚Œã§ã¯ãªã„ã‹ã”確èªãã ã•ã„。

登録情報をã”確èªã„ãŸã ãã¾ã—ãŸã‚‰ã€å†åº¦ã”購入æ“作をãŠè©¦ã—ãã ã•ã„。

ãŠå•ã„åˆã‚ã›ã¯ã‚³ãƒãƒ©ã€‚

Edited by Rockman1974

http://global.rakuten.com/en/ try inputting the info into the englishs version and hope it transfers to the japanese part

Sadly the language isn't the problem for me, it's the credit card.  Canadian cards are extremely secure, and I can purchase good only using that site.  The second I try via the Japanese site and the site tries to use my credit card for what they consider a local, i.e. Japanese, the card is automatically declined for security purposes.  Essentially the bank thinks someone in Japan is trying to use my card.  This is exactly why I couldn't sub in the first place.  I figured I would test it out by purchasing the game through them, but if the bank won't allow it then there's not much I can do :(

BTW I'm in chat ;)

Edited by Rockman1974

You could always try contacting the bank and talking to them about the transaction. They kind of have to have provisions for out of country transactions. Else, your card would never be useful outside of Canada. I know this isn't the case because I have plenty of Canadian friends who travel the world.

You could always try contacting the bank and talking to them about the transaction. They kind of have to have provisions for out of country transactions. Else, your card would never be useful outside of Canada. I know this isn't the case because I have plenty of Canadian friends who travel the world.

I've actually called the bank, and it's bizarre the excuse they're giving me.  Basically they're saying that the site is trying to use the card as if it were a local Japanese card, not that I'm physically there.  I've been, and have used this card while there ;)  The bank said they can't authorize this manually because it's part of their fraud protection.  How about WebMoney, has anyone had success with that?

WebMoney works, but if you're getting it through play-asia you're going to have to deal with a ridiculous mark-up.

WebMoney works, but if you're getting it through play-asia you're going to have to deal with a ridiculous mark-up.

There's got to be a work-around for this :(  I tried for two months after the beta finished, and had no luck so I gave up.  I came back today looking to see if things eased any, but it sure looks like I'm in the same boat. 

I just wanted to give a quick update, I tried with my Visa, and my Mastercard and then tried with the wife's.  All cards gave the same error.  Are we 100% positive this works? 

I paid for my subscription via Rakuten last week. Do you have the verified by Visa set up?

My Credit Card is one that is directly tied to my bank account from TD. Is yours a actual credit card or like mine?