Ashes

Getting started on PC

Uh, I thought Beta saves got deleted? I'm where I left off in the beta. (Is it because I never made it online, only offline campaign?)

Are you mistaking the "demo" for the "beta"? Because, yes, beta saves were completely deleted, all that remained were the SE accounts. Some weeks before the release of the PC version, there was a demo, where you were able to start again. This time saves were kept for the main game and you were able to play with people playing the full Wii and Wii U versions.

It's "Pukuripo" by the way. I love the cutscenes you get some great ones in this game.

While the Kana comply with "Pukuripo", the official DQX website listed all races in Romaji: Puklipo, Ogre, Weddie, Elve, Dwarf - so I personally prefer to use those names. ^^

Does this work for those of us in the uk?

This works from anywhere on the world as long as you are using a VPN to generate a Japanese IP.

This guide didn't work for me. It refused the japanese address I entered

Did it look exactly like the one I posted? The only difference should be name, email and birthday. Everything else can match up exactly. It'd be best if you posted a screen shot so we can see the error you're getting.

I apologize for the poor form of someone just handing you a link and expecting you to know what to do to fix your problem.

Did it look exactly like the one I posted? The only difference should be name, email and birthday. Everything else can match up exactly. It'd be best if you posted a screen shot so we can see the error you're getting.

I apologize for the poor form of someone just handing you a link and expecting you to know what to do to fix your problem.

Well if it allowed me to login I would get you a screenshot. I typed my password in correctly and it wouldn't let me in because it thought my password was wrong.

I still can't get in even though I've changed my password. Could someone try for me? My username is semolous and my password is semo365

So you are able to change your password and not log in? I tried logging in as well seems to have the same problem. Is it a NA Account?

It's a japanese account. And yeah, that's right. Maybe they're trying to lock us out

Edited by Semolous

Nah it would likely say something different if you have skype feel free to add me and I'll do what I can to trouble shoot you. Genrazian if you prefer real time chat.

Try resetting your password again maybe something silly happened like a capitlization or something

Edited by Genrazian

I sent you an add. My gf will be here tomorrow though, so I'll sort it out on saturday

Maybe I DIDN'T forget my password. It sounds like we're all getting the wrong password message.

Maybe I DIDN'T forget my password. It sounds like we're all getting the wrong password message.

Likely you have to do the email verification because you've changed IPs. Any time your IP drastically changes it prompts a password change that must be done through a link sent to your email. The only way to avoid this is by having the one time password.

Yeah it's sorted now, and I can log in. I just gotta wait til monday to do the rest. I live in the uk, so would I be able to use my visa debit card to pay for the game?

It looks like my account doesn't exist anymore. It doesn't recognize my email address. I'll have to create a new account.

Never mind, I used my alternate email when I set it up.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

It looks like my account doesn't exist anymore. It doesn't recognize my email address. I'll have to create a new account.

Never mind, I used my alternate email when I set it up.

Glad you resolved the issue.

Now I get this:

"You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.

If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account."

Trying to find the Account Management System now...

Oh goody. After about 20 minutes of trying to find a login button on the japanese site (I had to go to the square enix store page to find one) I finally find the Account Management page... And it's down for maintenance. Can I PLEASE just play Dragon Quest X? What is your problem with me playing the game, Square Enix?

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

To be fair I do mention registering the service in the guide on the front page, and provide a link.

I created that account way back during the beta with a different guide. anyways, the SE website was saying I'm registered, while the game says I'm not. I'm just making a new account and starting over.

I created that account way back during the beta with a different guide. anyways, the SE website was saying I'm registered, while the game says I'm not. I'm just making a new account and starting over.

Ah sorry I forgot the beta was before I started this thread. Regardless, I'm glad it's all sorted out.

still not sorted out... I was feeling sick so I went to bed before I finished things up.

still not sorted out... I was feeling sick so I went to bed before I finished things up.

Hope you're feeling better!